Falling in Love

Falling in Love

I could feel the adrenaline pulsing through my veins, I’m ready. There’s no turning back now. I tightened my grip on my backpack, and took a deep breath. It’s almost time. I turned my head to look at my amazing boyfriend of two years, Romeo. He was taking me sky-diving, and I was pumped. It’s been something I’ve wanted to do for years, and I couldn’t wait for this day to come. Romeo seemed a little nervous about it, so I considered not going, in case he was afraid, which would be okay with me, but he insisted. So that brings us back to where we are now, over a few hundred feet above ground, hovering over a large grassy field in a noisy helicopter. I smiled at Romeo, as he did the same and he took my hand and squeezed it.

“Nervous?” He asked.

“A little bit,” I laughed. “But my nervous-ness will never over overcome how pumped I am right now!”

He grinned and gave a small chuckle. “I am.” I gave him a hopefully reassuring smile and leaned in to give him a light kiss.

“I’m sure everything will be fine.” I said after pulling away, our fingers still intertwined.

“I really hope so.” He looked up at me and took my other hand. “Tara, I love you, so much.” I smiled and I hugged him as he kissed my cheek.

“All right, time to go!” The pilot of the helicopter said. Another man was with us, for safety, because neither Romeo nor myself have gone sky-diving before, unless Romeo’s not telling me something.

I pushed over towards the opening of the helicopter, and I took a few deep breaths. I looked at Romeo.

“Alright, now I’m nervous.”

“Just look at me babe, just look at me.” He said as I nodded nervously.

“All set?” The safety guy said and me and Romeo nodded.

I tightened my grip on my backpack, containing a parachute and took a few deep breaths. Romeo tightened his grip on my hand, and we started to plummet to the ground as I screamed. It wasn’t as bad as I thought, but still a little scary. I kept my eyes on Romeo’s and he smiled as we both held each others hands tightly. I looked up and saw the safety guy about a few feet above us, he was smiling, but I didn’t dare to look down. I took more deep breaths and closed my eyes, and almost didn’t hear Romeo yelling.

“Tara!” I opened my eyes, worried something was going wrong. “Look down!” I shook my head in protest and he mouthed “Please”. I shut my eyes tightly for a quick moment, took more deep breaths and was about to look down...

“Release your parachutes now!” I sighed with relief, finally. It felt like forever when we were free-falling.

I looked at Romeo. “Look down, Tara!” He said, and I pulled the cord and let go of his hands, knowing we can’t be that close with two huge parachutes. I obliged his request and smiled ear-to-ear. The happy tears fought to be released from my eyes, but the speed I was heading to the ground at wouldn’t quite allow it. On the ground, in white field chalk was written “I love you Tara! Will you marry me?” I looked at field, and then back at Romeo, and smiled the biggest I ever could, and he did the same. I attempted to cry on the way down, as the speed I was falling got slower due to the parachute, waiting to hit the ground. It felt like hours, but was only mere minutes, before my feet made contact with the ground. When they did, I fell over, and I scrambled to get back up. Romeo landed shortly after, and I immediately pulled off my backpack parachute and ran over to him.

“Romeo!” I tackled him while he was already on the ground, smiling like an insane idiot. He rubbed my back and I kissed him deeply. “Of course I will.” I whispered.

We rolled over, entangling ourselves in Romeo’s parachute more then we were before, covering ourselves in the field chalk, and running our fingers through our now-messy hair, and the safety guy, whose name I learned was Chad, just smiled at us and walked towards my parachute to gather it up. “I love you, Romeo.” I said as I kissed him once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this about two years ago, so excuse the lame-ness ♥