Status: Active

Saving Grace

Chapter 2

I parked my car in the parking lot in front of my new school. I took a deep breath and made my way towards the door. It seemed like millions of kids were zooming past me. Everywhere I looked people were greeting their friends and everyone seemed genuinely happy. I walked through the door frame and entered the school. To my left, I saw the main office. I confidently strode in. This was the beginning of a good year and I knew it.

The lady sitting at the desk asked for my name and other information while I waited for my schedule. She handed me the piece of paper and I smiled. I looked down to find that my first class was English. “Okay, great!” I thought. I walked out of the office and around a couple of hallways. Shit. I was completely lost. Pat was walking towards me in the crowded hallway.

“Hey! Karina, right?” Pat asked. I smiled politely and waved back at him.

“Thank god you’re here, Pat. I have no clue where to go for my classes.” I sighed.
Pat helped me get to English and we decided that he would meet me here after class to walk me to the next one. I walked into the classroom and took a seat. Garrett walked in to the classroom seconds after I took a seat. He looked shocked and smiled.

“Karina!” he whispered loudly. He took a seat right next to me. The teacher started walking around the room explaining what class would be like and what she expects from us. Garrett kept making funny remarks about the teacher every so often and I would giggle. After the bell rang, Garrett and I chit chatted about completely meaningless topics. We walked out of the classroom together and I saw Pat standing by the door.

Pat smiled and we all walked over to my next class. I had calculus but neither Garrett nor Pat had that class. They dropped me off in front of the math room and I walked in. I sat in the back of the classroom. I hoped nobody would talk to me; I’m not really the social type. Fortunately, nobody did. Soon enough, the class was over. Pat brought me to all of my classes.

At lunch, John waved at me and told me to sit by him. I felt really comfortable knowing that I already made friends. After lunch, Pat and I reunited and went to a study hall. Pat, Kennedy, and Jared were in my study hall. It was awesome. The guys are really funny. After study hall I had a social studies class. Both John and Jared were in that class. It turns out that John is quite the smart ass.

“Hey Miss P,” John said, “I just want to let you know in advance that I will not be participating in the joys of homework.”

The teacher sighed but seemed to enjoy John’s sense of humor.
John turned to me and said, “So, what’s a pretty girl like you doing sitting next to me?” he asked flirtatiously.

“Well, I just figured that you’re to only one I kne—“ John cut me off by saying, “Hey, I know I’m irresistible but you’re just going to have to get used to it.” I rolled my eyes and laughed.

After the final bell rang, I jumped to my feet and practically ran out to my car. I was excited that I made friends. I didn’t even approach them, they just wanted to genuinely get to know me, they chose me. I enjoyed this fresh start. I smiled as the Arizona sun kissed my cheeks. I turned my car on and pulled out of the lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Updates are going to be really slow simply because I don't know if I want to continue the story. I'm not feeling it.