Vampires

Haven

I kicked my wet shoes off in the hallway and threw my coat on the ground. I still felt cold but satisfied. My apartment was small and in desperate need of decorating. No pictures hung in the walls nor did any photos sit on tables, it was boring. My socked feet made hardly a sound as I walked into the kitchen to grab a blood bag. I never told you but this is kinda cool. Like a snake, I opened my mouth and punctured the bag with my fags to let blood flow into the bag, I did this three more times then stuck the bags in the fridge. They were for back up incase I couldn't go out to hunt. I began to feel drowsy as I made my way over to the bedroom. I pulled off my clothes to only remain in my boxers and slipped on PJ pants and a faded grey T shirt. The radiator made clinking sounds as I shuffled over to the small living room where I sat on the faded leather couch and turned on the TV.

My life was boring, I had no friends or family as I told you before, no girl and certainly nothing to look forward to. My job sucks and nobody really knows I exist but my landlord, the old lady upstairs who thinks my name is Lloyd. I don't really have a name, sure my parents gave me one but it's a faded memory. I sign receipts as my fake name; Ian Lacreeve and that's what my coworkers know me as. If only they knew the truth about me, the freak who works in the basement sorting files and folders to put in their mail boxes. Six bucks an hour doesn't put food on the table but I don't need that, just a shelter and heating. Sometimes I do feel lonely and my home does seem empty... I don't normally socialize and I'm a virgin even at 19 years of age.

Why am I telling you all of this? If I die at least whoever reads this will know the truth and be able to stop this crazy war. I have a fake name for a reason, some gangs of vampires have a list of the worlds vampires and my name would be on it. This is my only haven, my apartment. My only protection is two heavy duty locks on my door and a small hand gun that has never been used. Did you know I used to go duck hunting with my dad? That was a long time ago though, now I am out of practice. Maybe I should get a dog or something as a friend. I'm not good with animals but I need the company. Tomorrow after work I'l go to the pound and look at the dogs or maybe a cat.

Maybe I should find a friend to hang out with. I could stay at their place if the gangs find my haven or they can be my alibi. The cops don't like vampires that much. They arrest us on scene because of how we live. They are trained to kill us and don't get me started about the FBI. Civilians think we are a myth but the government has a team of scientists working on shots to turn us human or a new bullet to kill us. We are at the same level of vermin. Why were not caught is because we can retract our fangs to look slightly human. It hurts like a a bitch but there is nothing else we can do. My eyelids feel heavy. My body is numb with exhaustion. I snuggle into the old couch and pull a crimson blanket over myself. Tomorrow will be exiting, a new pet and hopefully a friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kinda boring I know, comments?