Vampires

Sleepy Spray

My warm bed felt cold. I rolled over and again and again. I curled up into a ball and pulled the blankets up to my chin but sleep wouldn't come. My mind was filled with the evenings events; Richard, Stratocaster, Lear, you... it was so much at one time. The room was very dark but my eyes were like a cats and could penatrate the blackness. I sighed and rolled over again but it was no use, the sandman wasn;t coming tonight with his sand or sleepy spray or anything like that. I remember my mother used to tell me a story when I couldn't sleep; it was about a boy who couldn't sleep so he went looking for the sandman but couldn't find him. He searched and searched until dawn but he was too tired to carry on so he went home and fell asleep.

I finally crawled out of my warm blankets and tip-toed to your door. The door was closed but light was pooling from under the door. I quietly opened the door and slipped inside. There you were in just boxers at your computer typing what looked like a story.

"What are you doing?" you jumped a little and spun around but relaxed when you saw it was only me.

"Writing about our epic adventure." I laughed.

"It's not that epic."

"Yeah it was, we were spies!" we both laughed. "but seriously, people need to know what happens now so they can change the future so vamps and humans can live together in harmony."

"Then was will we eat?" you thought for a moment then shrugged.

"Dunno but something better then pig blood or something." pigs were sometimes used by dealers who sold blood to say it was vampire blood and get outrageous prices for it, like saying catnip is pot or something. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't sleep."

"Are you cold?" I shook my head.

"Just filled with thoughts."

"Oh." you looked around for a moment then set your eyes on me. "You can sleep in my bed while I keep writing..." then you quickly added "so you can have some company you know?"

"Sure." I crawled into your warm bed, it was large and softer then mine and it smelt of you, I could get used to this. You turned back to your typing but I still couldn't sleep. I don't know how long you wrote for but soon the computer moniter when dark. I kept my eyes closed so you wouldn't notice I was awake. You slipped in beside me and wrapped your arms around my waist. I felt so warm and complete that I fell asleep instantly. Yes, this is should how my life should be, with you.