Vampires

Invisible

As I have said before, my co-workers think I'm a freak who works in the basement sorting their files. They don't know my real name or my secret. Now I sit here flipping through a mountain of papers trying to figure out what's for who. I want to get out of here soon before the pound closes. Then I can look at the dogs and maybe get one. If I don't I will go to the bar down the street from my apartment and attempt to socialize.

I was nearly done when one of my co-workers, Carla Jamerson, came to my small office. She never came down here, nobody did besides the janitor who masturbated in the boiler room.

"Ian, Steve needs those marketing files. You got them ready?" Steve was my boss.

"Yeah." I handed her the files and she marched off without another word. I am invisible to her and everyone else. When I each my lunch they don't speak to me, now I eat it down here. I even use the janitors bathroom here though it's truly nasty but it beats walking among the mortals above me.

I pulled on my coat that looked as though I pulled it out of the movie The Matrix, and grabbed my files and my car keys. I have a car you know, an old Honda that's seen better days. It's quite far from my apartment to work and a taxi is much to expensive for me, I prefer to take my car. Did you know I got my drivers license recently? I am 198 years old yet I just learned to drive. I needed to to go with the flow of life. 198 years old and people say I don't look a day over 19. That's what I say my age is. I use my real birthday, October 31, Halloween.

I took the janitors elevator upstairs to the main floor. The building is empty except for the few over timers and the clean up crew. This is normal timing for me, I'm invisible remember? I walk into the mail room which is also the cafeteria and lounge, and sort the files into each mailbox. This job is too easy for me, I have a photographic memory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, comments?