Vampires

Afraid of the Dark?

"Why are you wearing a tutu?" I tilt the picture into the light more trying to process what I am seeing, the man in front of me years before dancing around in a tutu.

"I was 15." you shrugged.

"Then why are you wearing it?"

"I don't remember." you say with a slight bit of guilt but then you smile. I smile to then I burst out laughing. "What?" you grins.

"Listen, I don't know why you would do such a thing but..." you gaze into my eyes waiting for me to continue. "I want you." why are you saying this Frank? Are you a retard? Yes maybe I am.

"Oh really?" you lean closer but I'm not sure if this is a joke again. I nod slowly. Suddenly our lips are so close, I can smell the blood from your victims, their fear. It makes my heart beat faster until I am sure you can hear it.

"I'm bored!" Mikey is walking up the stairs. You turn your head to face the door but you brush my lips with yours and I feel as though I am melting.

"Then go find Bob to play monopoly with or build a snowman or-" the lights die. Mikey screams.
"Will you relax!" you sigh and stand but struggle in the dark.

"What the fuck happened?" I hear Bob's voice.

"Power died." you yell back. I look around, everything is clear. Everything is in black and white. Did you know our vision is limited with color? We see red the best but its all mixed and dull. The dark is the best where we see it all in black and white. I hear a thump then Mikey screaming in pain. How could I forget then he is a half breed? You navigate your way through the maze of stairs and hallways, past rooms and paintings. I never noticed that they had your name signed neatly at the bottom. I looked over one, the picture I saw with you and Mikey but this was painted so perfectly that I needed to touch it to feel the textured paint to know it was not a photograph.

"I can't see!" I heard Mikey bumping into things back in 'my' room. I turned around and saw him blindly feeling the walls for a sense of direction. I grabbed his wrist and guided him back to the kitchen where you were looking for something.

"Gerard? What are you doing?" I asked pulling out a chair so Mikey could sit.

"Looking for candles." you opened another drawer. I saddened me to know that my perfect vision would be soon ruined by the fuzzy lights of dancing flames. The fire always made everything seem so yellow and sick. It made peoples faces looked shadowed and gory, they looked sick and twisted but this was so that Mikey wouldn't kill himself I supposed. A good cause.

Now we are sitting and playing monopoly. We are tired of cards.

"I passed GO! Mikey laughed. "Give me 200!" Bob glared at him.

"Were just starting, you don't collect 200 when your piece is prepared to take it's first step out into the world of the monopoly man."

"GERRRAAAARRRDDD!!!! Tell Bob to give me my 200!" I rolled my eyes and toyed with my fortune cookie, this was Toronto monopoly that you got when your parents went to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side, thats what you told me.

"Bob's right Mikes, just roll the dice."

"Fine." he rolled the dice and moved his fish forward.

"Wanna buy it?" Bob asked.

"It's a goose, why the hell do I want to buy a goose?" I smirked as you explained it was a charity or something but he said no so I rolled the dice and landed on Honest Ed's.

"Who the hell is Honest Ed?" Mikey asked. We all shrugged. I bought it anyways and you landed on it and owing me $15. That's when the doorbell rang.

"Who the fuck can that be?" you mumbled. We all shrugged and you stood up. You began walking to the door when Mikey made his monopoly piece go around the board, stole 200 from the banker (Bob) then went back to the goose.

"Hey! Gerard, Mikey stole from the bank!"

"Nuh uh!" I got up and followed you. You were unlocking the door. I felt the presence of Bob and Mikey behind me. We crept closer and you opened the door. Suddenly lightning flashed across the sky illuminating the silhouette of a large monster. We screamed.