Vampires

McFly

My car smells like death. My armrest has blood bags in it, for emergencies or snacks. My dashboard has a few blood stains on it and so do the seats from previous hitchhikers I picked up. I just say I got into a car accident a while back and the person next to me was killed. What else could I say, I'm going to drink your blood? How cliche.

I pulled into the pounds parking lot and got out of my car. I saw a little girl holding a big box containing a ginger kitten. Her parents were asking her what she wanted to name it.

"Princess Pinky!" she squealed. I cringed at both name and the pitch she used. So did her parents but they agreed to the stupid name. I walked into the building and told the secretary I was interested in a dog. She lead me through some double doors and into a room filled with wire kennels. Dogs were barking and leaping at me. Some growled while others cowered in corners. I walked down the isle on the right side viewing the canines inside the cages. The first was a chocolate poodle with matted fur. It barked and jumped at me and growled. The thing was ugly as fuck! I slowly kept going looking at the mutts and a few purebreds until I went down the left side. I stopped at the second cage. Inside was a jet black Great Dane puppy. As I said before, animals don't like me because I'm a vampire. This little guy trotted up to me and rested his over sized puppy paws on the fence. The secretary had left me to look alone so I let my fangs drop for comfort. The puppy looked at me with sad brown eyes then it began to whimper as if telling me to take him home. How could you deny a face like that? When he grew up he could protect me from the gangs. Vampires were generally afraid of dogs because of Werewolves. They weren't to fond of us either.

Did you know I used to have a dog? A black Scotty named Scott. He was killed when my parents were. So when the lady asked if I was an experienced dog owner I said yes. My little Great Dane sat between my legs with a worn collar and a used leash clipped to him. I didn't know what I'd name him bit something would come eventually. I paid $50 to the woman who gave me a form to fill out. It was a certificate that I adopted my puppy. What do you name him? That question bugged me, I don't know. A fly buzzed by and my puppy snapped it out of the air and ate it. I smirked while the lady looked disgusted. I had a name for him. McFly. A band that I never listened to before but had a cool name. I filled out the rest of the form and the lady congratulated me and McFly and I walked out or basically I fought with him out the door, he wasn't leash trained yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?