Vampires

Guilt.

I always feel guilty after a meal. My father called it a vampire feeding frenzie because we try and drain the victim as fast as possible. Sure, you can call it homicide, murder, or whatever but this is what I needed to survive. It's what we all needed.

A fire truck sped past me. The siren screamed in desperation. It jolted me out of my thoughts as ambulances followed. I pulled to the side of the road as more emergency forced sped by. I didn't realize it but i was driving towards my old apartment, you know, the one thats falling apart and I have nothing in. I decided randomly to follow along out of curiosity. Then I felt it. The warmth, the smoke, the flames. My old home was hell, it was burning. I stopped the car and got out to stand with a bunch of spectators.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Cops say it was deliberate." a guy said. I gulped down my fear.

"How do they know?"

"Fire spread to quickly, probably gasoline was used." i shivered in fear.

" Any motive?" I starred at the dancing flames.

"Probably attempted murder." the guy shrugged then walked away. The flames, like a tornado, twisted around the structure within. Firefighters were working away, only the very top wasn't ingulfed by the deadly element then i heard it.

"Oh my God! Someone is still inside!"