Vampires

Lear.

Lear, or Billie Joe Armstrong, looked at me through emerald eyes that reflected the dancing flames. The room felt hotter as the fire crept closer.

"Can you walk?" I tried to ignore the fact he was the enemy but them again, this wasn't an accident of him being here. He was probably sent here by the clan and they started the fire to murder him but.... this was my building and suddenly it occurred to me that we were in my apartment! What were the chances of that? Lear shook his head slowly. Using my vampire strength, I lifted him gently to his feet so I could find a way to carry him to safety. I coughed as smoke filled my lungs. I noticed something nasty, there was a drop of blood on his pant leg. Apart from a head wound that was bleeding rapidly and a few cuts, he looked fine but as he stood he cringed and tears sprang to his eyes. He was in pain. "May I see?" he nodded quickly with his eyes closed, he was trying to black out the agony he was in. I gasped as I saw what was wrong. The bone was poking out of the skin, they broke his leg so he couldn't escape! I had a desire to save this man. I picked him up bridal style and began to walk in the direction I had come from.

"Thank you." he pulled down the oxygen mask that the paramedic had handed him. I had one too and pulled it down. "Your welcome." I smiled and inhaled deeply. They worried we would be affected from the smoke inhalation. They wanted to make me to the hospital but i politely refused.

"You sure?" a young medic asked, he looked no more then 19.

"I'm sure, take care of him." I nodded towards Lear who was being lifted into the ambulance. People flocked around him asking for autographs and pictures with the man. Did I ever tell you he was the lead singer of the band Green Day? Does that mean the other band members are vamps too? Before the door closed I shouted; "Wait! Where are you taking him?"

"Clara Maass." I knew Lear... Billie would be in good hands. I nodded my thanks and watched as the ambulances lights illuminated the neighborhood and the siren went off as they sped away. I stood there for a moment watching as the fire was getting under control. I cringed as the roof caved in. So much for having a home. Luckily I had insurance so I could at least get some cash out of it all. I climbed into my car which smelled of smoke. I sniffed my clothes and coughed, I needed a shower.

"Frank!" you hugged me but reeled back from the awful scent. "Did you go camping and stand too close to the fire for too long?" I told him what happened and told the others when they decided to greet me.

"You saved Lear?" Mikey's jaw fell open like he couldn't believe I was a hero. Was I really a hero? I told the story over and over until they believed me, it took a lot of convincing.

"So, he was in your building in your apartment? Looks like a sign." Bob commented.

"As if you would be the one to find him..." you looked lost in thought.

"The Caster Clan does leave symbols, they say it strikes fear into their enemies hearts."

"Well my heart is struck but hold that thought while I take a shower." I tried not to be bothered by the major coincidence. I walked upstairs and stripped off my clothes and threw them on the floor and walked to the bathroom to turn on the shower. I climbed in and rested against the cold, tile wall as the hot water relaxed my stressed muscles. Something is going on, it was no accident that they put him in my apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today is my birthday (sept 28th) it's my present to you. :) Hope you all like it!