Vampires

Talk Over Coffee

We tied our canines up outside next to the water bowls. They seemed to be getting along fine. You got another coffee but I hesitated. I knew this would lead to pain but I ignored it. I ordered a cappuccino and we both walked over to two leather chairs beside a fireplace. I praised the warmth. I heard a bark from outside and I turned to to McFly up to his full size pressing his over-sized paws on the glass door.

"They look cold." I commented. You nodded and asked the girl behind the counter if we could bring our dogs in. She shrugged then nodded and you went to fetch your doberman and McFly. McFly pulled at the leash, trying to get to me faster but you held on until you made it over to our table and tied our dogs to the chair legs. They seemed to enjoy the warmth. You sipped your coffee and I followed suit. I would really regret this. I forgot how wonderful this stuff tasted.

"What's your name?" you asked, drawing me out of my thoughts. Absentmindedly I said;

"Frank Iero." I bit my tongue. I should have said my name was Ian. His eyes seemed to hypnotize me. "You?"

"Gerard Way." you seemed to regret your words as well, why? You put your hand in your pocket and brought out pill bottle. I watched as you popped two pills and drank some coffee. You looked at me and I caught your eye. "Pain killers." you smiled. "I fell down the stairs yesterday." I cringed.

"Ouch."

"Yeah." the pills were blue and seemed to glow in the firelight. I had never seen pain killers like those before.

"Never seen those before." I pointed to the pills.

"Prescription." you smiled nervously. I nodded and let the subject drop. My nose began to run and I took a napkin to wipe it but you handed me a tissue.

"Thanks." I said.

"Getting a cold?" I nodded and blew my nose. McFly looked up at me sleepily.

"What's your dogs name?" I looked at the black doberman.

"Muffin." you smiled fondly at your doberman. The dog looked up at you knowingly. Suddenly someone yelped and we turned towards the source. The girl behind the counter had cut herself. I could smell the fresh blood and i accidentally let my fangs drop and it felt so good. I glanced at you and got the shock of my life.