Vampires

Trade.

Collecting all our blood out of the fridge it was you and i who were going to get the blue pills. Mikey had recently caught the flu in the past 10 minutes so he wasn't up for going out to risk his life over some blue capsules. Basically just because he didn't need them he didn't want to risk his life, he was scared. Bob and Ray were in God knows where yet again. They seemed to just keep vanishing on us and it was making me suspicious over those two.

"Ready?" you asked. I took a deep breath and nodded. We opened the door to the front of the house and began to transfer our precious cargo into my car. Why didn't you have your own car? I got in the drivers seat as you climbed in on the passenger side.

"Where to?" I asked as backed out of the drive.

"Were going to head to the bay area where the boardwalk is." you put on a pair of sun glasses despite the fact it is night, it's what we do.

"That's pretty far." I mumbled. You nodded silently.

The drive was long, far, and silent. You said hardly a thing besides directions. What is wrong?
"What's wrong Gee?" I finally ask.

"Just thinking." you shrug.

"About?"

"Bob and Ray." I didn't press the matter. They could be traitors for all we know. One day we will follow them.

Finally we arrived to the shadowed boardwalk. I parked and we began to haul the bags behind the snack stands. We hid them in the shadows. A man stood their smoking a cigarette in a black trench coat that looked like it was made by the Tripp Company. He had a thick red beard to go along with long red hair. He was a werewolf. I swallowed my fear and followed you. This was my first time accosting with a wolf man face to face.

"Wolf Star I presume?" I pulled my hood over my head. You seemed so calm when you spoke.

"Billy York?" his voice was gruff but not threatening. You nodded. So your fake name was Billy York huh? I would have to bother you about it later. "And who is that feller' with the black hood and hidden face. My long fringe had blown across my eyes that shadowed my face.

"Ian Lacreeve, my associate." you stood tall and defensive. The man eyed me up as I stood with my back against the winter wind. He gave a short nod.

"You got the product?" he asked. You nodded and smiled.

"Got enough for three hits unless the prices changed from the last time I came to you?" the man grinned to reveal jagged yellow teeth. It bit my tongue and dared myself not to cower in fear.

"No old friend, for you I keep the same price. Something about this man seemed familiar but I wouldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it was those cold blue eyes starring back at us or the color of hair. Perhaps it was the street lamps changing the color of the hair under the hat he wore. He pulled out three large pill bottles and we led him over to our stash.

"Good enough Wolf Star?" you smiled down at our life lines. The man seemed to drool.

"Yes old friend, I hope to see you very soon." then he melted into the shadows in a blink of an eye along with the blood we brought to trade.