Sequel: Stay
Status: Active

Bruised and Scarred

But Breaking Down Is What I Found Hard PT. 2

After Krys and I had loaded everything into the trailer, we decided to go meet up with the guys at the meet and greet, which should have been coming to a close. We talked quietly as we walked in the dark, our hands stuffed in our jean pockets from the chilly weather. When we saw the small line for the meet and greet for Mayday Parade, we smiled at each other. We walked up to the guard and flashed our passes, and once they let us through we quietly walked up to the boys. Krys tapped Alex’s shoulder lightly, and said rather loudly:

“Hey! Can you sign my tits?” I choked laughing after seeing the look on his face. It was priceless. They kissed and Krys stood off to the side as he continued to sign the last of the fans things. Derek looked over at me and smiled, occasionally rolling his eyes.

I told Krys I was going to go to the bus, and that I’d chill out there until the boys were done with their fans. We hugged quickly and I walked myself in the dark over to the bus. I was slowly beginning to regret the green cherry blossom printed off the shoulder top I was wearing, but the skinny jeans and red bow velvet flats weren’t so bad. I just wish I had brought a light jacket.

On my way to the bus I heard loud footsteps falling in step behind me, but when I stopped and turned my head to look, I didn’t see anyone. I shrugged and decided I was just letting my imagination get the best of me, and continued on my way.
But despite thinking the noise was only my imagination, I kept hearing footsteps getting louder, getting closer and faster. I quickened my pace, and was almost at the bus when the man from the merch booth suddenly appeared in front of me. I stopped abruptly, and my breath caught in my throat.

“Oh my God, you scared me.” I said, my hand covering my neck.

“What are you doing back here? This is a restricted area,” I told him, but he just looked down with a smirk on his face, and shook his head laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I asked, and he looked up at me.

“You’re such a fool, that’s what’s funny.” I cocked an eyebrow, and was about to speak when I felt a pair of arms grab me from behind, and covered my mouth.

“You are a fool indeed, Emmeline.” I grew wide eyed, hearing his voice in my ear. It was Jason, and I was confused.

He turned me around to look at him, and I backed up, and I bumped into the man from before.

“Are you scared? Because you should be,” I was ready to scream, but Jason seemed to read my mind.

“Scream and you die.” I shut my mouth, and looked around nervously.

“I thought you were in England,” He laughed.

“It was all a lie, I just wanted to see if that bitch you hang around with would try and come to the rescue. And that Derek boy, well I wanted to see if he would admit his foolish love for you.” I looked up at him, my eyes wide.

“Leave them out of this, it isn’t about them. It’s about me and you.” He nodded, and stepped closer to me.

“It is about us, but more about you. You have something I want. And you’re going to give it to me.” I instantly knew what he was talking about, but I heard Derek and Krys calling for me.

“Emmy, darling! Time to go,” I looked over at Jason with a straight face.

“Well, do what you came for. I don’t want your visit to be a complete waste.” He did as he wanted, punching me in the eye and his friend slamming me into the tour bus, causing me to fall to the ground and I heard Derek yelling, and running.

Next thing I knew everyone was surrounding me and Jason and his friend were gone. I was happy they were gone, but as an onsite medic checked me out I knew that I wasn’t as safe as I had originally thought. Once I had clearance to go, I piled into the bus with everyone else and we were fairly quiet, everyone was shocked.

“Did you get a good look at the guys face?” I shook my head at the question.

“It was too dark.” They all nodded, and Derek handed me a cold bottle of water. I twisted the cap off and took a quick drink, and sighed.

“You okay Em?” Derek asked me, finally taking a seat.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He nodded, and stared at me for a moment.

“You look pretty today, but your hair looks ridiculous.” I smiled, and laughed.

“You can thank Krys for that,” He smiled and shook his head, and the mood in the bus changed completely. After the boys had been dropped off, it was just me and Krys.

“That wasn’t Jason was it?” I looked at her, and shook my head.

“No, what are you talking about? He’s in England right now.” Krys gave me a look.

“He looked familiar.” I rolled my eyes.

“You saw his back, you didn’t see his face.”

“And you did?” I bit my lip.

“Did he say anything?” I shook my head.

“Are you sure?” I glared at her.

“Why are you so into interrogating me?” She sighed and hung her head.

“I’m sorry, I’m just worried about you.” I lied down on the couch, and rolled my eyes.

“Well there’s nothing to worry about.” We left it at that once we returned to her house, and we refrained from talking the rest of the night. We ate leftovers in silence and retired to our bedrooms early, and when I checked my phone, I saw a new text message. And of course, it was from Jason.

I see you haven’t been staying at home, your choice. But remember, you will be punished for your bad choices. I decided in the morning I would ask Krys to take me to AT&T for a new phone. I went to sleep that night, worry in my head and anxiety flooding my senses.

----

When I woke up the next morning I found I was extremely hungry. I went downstairs in my pajamas, yawned and saw that Krys was busy making breakfast. I sat at the kitchen island, and smiled.

“What’s on the menu chef?” I asked her, and she smiled over at me.

“Pancakes.” I drooled in my head, and went into the living room to turn on the tv. As I was surfing through what seemed like millions of channels, Krys called me into the kitchen for breakfast. I turned the tv off and went into the kitchen and sat down at the island once again, and waited to be served.

“Do I see bacon?” I asked, looking over to the food station that Krys had made. She smiled and nodded, and I grew excited. I loved bacon, but Jason rarely let me eat it. Once I was served, I dove into eating. I didn’t bother holding back or slowing down.

“Careful, I don’t want you to choke and die now,” I laughed softly and willed myself to slow down.

“So, what do you want to do today?” Krys asked, and I shrugged.

“Maybe we could go to AT&T and get me that new phone you were talking about?” She nodded and smiled.

“Sounds good,” I nodded.

“And, can I borrow the car? I kind of wanted to go out and do a few things on my own,” She looked reluctant, but told me I could borrow the car.

“Thanks, I’m going to go get dressed.” Krys took my plate after I had finished it, and I went back upstairs and quickly dressed in a pair of relaxed fit jeans and a plain t-shirt. I went backstairs, and Krys was ready to go. We drove to the AT&T store and waited to get some service. Once someone came to help us, we explained the issue and they gave me and Krys a great offer. Once the papers were signed and the phone was activated, I left the store a proud owner of an iPhone 4.

After we left the store, I dropped Krys off at home and drove myself to the nearest mall, and was read to do some real damage to Jason’s credit card, just like he did to my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: Feedback?
Emmeline