The Emptiness

The Curse Of The Virgin Canvas

Image

I am here to tell you a story
a story that will torture your thoughts by day
and poison your dreams by night
and though I will do my best,
there are no words that can be written
nor brush strokes laid on canvas
that can describe this stark
and utter horror of the night that Annabel died.


I stare in stock at the lifeless body of the love of my life. Is she really gone? The light shines through the window... what happened during the night? My lungs tighten as my eyes start to water... This surely must be a joke. But I can still smell the blood in the air, I kiss her softly on the forhead. I try to wrap my arms around her, trying to get her to respond to my touch. Hopefully this is will pass soon. The sound of her voice still echos in my thoughts.

Angel, just lie to me and tell me this is just a dream. Then wake me up, wake me. Annabel was always the kind of girl that would be traped in my thoughts forever. Blood runs down the corner of her mouth. Her skin is as cold as ice, but it still has a lifely glow. Shock runs through my veins as the cold realitiy finally hits me. She's so beautiful, even though she's so deathly still. I will avenge her, The man who did this will pay. I walk into the bathroom trying to find an answer. I look into the mirror, my eyes empty and dead. Blood running down the side of my face. A memory flashes through my head.

I look at Annabel in a predatory manner. My lips pulling back over my teeth in an animalisc grin. "W-what are you doing?" her sweet honey-like voice whispers out in pure terror. "Trying to show you how much I love you angel." I hold up the biggest knife I found in the kicthen. Her eyes widen. I plunge the knife into her chest, against her heavy thrashing. Her screams were like a sickly sweet melody to my ears, watching life slowly drain from her round doe eyes. I pull the knife out and toss it to the side of the room gently laying her on the unmade bed. Pulling off her bloody clothes, putting on a short red satin dress. Standing out beautifully from her cold white dead flesh. I put a piece of hair behind her ear.My lips gently touch her cold ones. "You'll be my angel forever."

My head falls into my hands, what have I done? Lord forgive me. Dry heaves pass through my lips as I stare into the mirror, looking at the blood dryed onto my face. Blood that was once hers. This... This.. couldn't have happened...

Mirrors Never Lie.