The Emptiness

Hymn For The Shameless

Image

Saw your eyes today in a memory painted in the sky.

I relish in the feeling of fresh blood driping down my shirt, blood that wasn't mine. My eyes trail up to the stars. Shock flies over me as I see Annabel's eyes, silently saying "A love like this can never truely die."

The sight of her reminds me of the deed I just commited.

I just couldn't stop laughing, a grin slowly paints it's way on my face. It was alll on them.. they didn't know it was coming. They couldn't have stoped it.

A lone cracked mirrior hanged on the side of a building across the street. There was something about it that just kept pulling me closer and closer.

When I looked into the mirror I could see all my features distorted yet sharp as a tack. Calmness surrounded me.

I close my eyes, and real live those last moments. The blood, the pain, the crying. The thoughts inside my head would make you quake in terror.

Am I insane? I could feel the reality of it all blurring and fraying around the edges. I don't really feel any regret, or anything for the souls that I have taken... Does that make me a killer?

I see a lone man walking towards me, I take that as my chance and slash his throat. I grin as blood trickle down my fingers and I hear the poor man begging to be spared.

I look up to the stars.

If Annabel's right, and this crazy mess is over. What makes her think that I'll let her live, if I've truly gone insane?

I turn my head to look inside the mirror, around the edges of my vision, demons and images bounce around... I let out a sigh.

As relief washed over me, calm consumes me.