Ride of My Life

The Night

“Stop it! Stop, stop!” I’m lucky that I still managed to let out those words. I can’t breathe properly. He kept doing it and I don’t know how long I can take this. I’ve told him to stop, but he isn’t showing any signs that he will. He had a devilish grin and light on his hazel eyes.

With all that’s happening, I still feel butterflies. Not that he knows it, though.

I continued to giggle, still trying to get his hands off my sides. He knows how ticklish I am and he definitely knows how to use that knowledge that only he knows to his advantage.

“Oh no, oh no, don’t you dare to-,” my eyes were bulging out of my sockets. A slice of pizza on his hand and about to land on my face. Shortly, it did. He just laughed, getting another slice. It was mere centimeters away from my face.

“O-okay! I will, Kenny! Ju-just stop.” I panted and he finally let go. When my breathing normalized, I shoved him to the other side of the couch. He laughed and sat by me.

“Ugh, Kennedy Brock, what are you? Five?”

“So you will?” He looked at me adorably. I know he wouldn’t take no for an answer. With both eyebrows raised with anticipation, he looked like a child getting to ride his first bicycle.

I nodded.

“You’re the best, Cam! Too bad I have to tickle you to your death to make you agree. Don’t forget, 8pm!” He hugged me so tightly and stood up. He raced to the door and said his goodbye.

The truth is, he didn't have to. I’d do just about anything for him.

I stood to my feet and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I stopped the running water and directed my gaze to the mirror. I look happy, that I can say, but I’m really happy as of this moment. I headed back to the couch. I got all the trash and threw it to the garbage can.

I sighed, running my fingers through my curls. I heard my phone ringing. I went to get and saw “Kennedy Brock”. It was a message and I smiled, opening it.

So happy birthday again, bff!

I replied to him.

BFF? Really?

A few seconds passed by and I received a reply.

Cuz you know, cammy that we’re best friends forever!!!!

I can’t help but laugh at his silliness, but there’s this pang of hurt. It’s clear that he doesn’t and won’t feel the same way I feel about him. I’ve tried to let that not bother me, but every now and then, it still enters my mind. I want him to know, but I don’t want to be brave and tell him when he doesn’t want to do anything to me but be friends with.

I saw on the couch and turned on the television. My mind not on the movie, but on Kennedy’s text. His text made it clear. I can’t be in love with him forever when he’s not even aware of it and love should come from two sides.

Kennedy and I have been friends for almost three years. We’re not the typical best friends, in fact, when we’re in public places, he would hold my hand or guide me through the crowd. We always have sleepovers. Most of time, when he will, like, just stare at me, I swear, I could melt at his gaze. His eyes are just beautiful.

In the process, I’ve managed to fall in love with him.

It’s nearing eight now, I have to get ready. He promised me he would take me to an amusement park, so I decided to just wear jeans and a tank top. I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I put on my chucks.

I heard a knock on my door, of course it’s him. I opened the door and saw he was not alone. There, cradled on his arms, is a bouquet of flowers. Daisies – my favorite.

I blushed. He greeted me, kissed me on the cheeks and gave me the flowers.

“Thanks, Kenny, but you don’t need to. Besides, it doesn’t sit well with our plan and destination.”

“Well, I though it was nice.” He smiled, showing his teeth and I could see the heat forming on his cheeks.

We went out and got in on his car. His attention directed to the road.

“So, are you excited? Don’t worry, this will not be boring.” I know that. Every time I spend my time with him is anything but boring.

He’s not his usual self tonight, though. If this were any time, he would be cracking jokes and telling me random things and I, of course, will laugh as if there’s no tomorrow. He would tell me things about what’s going on with The Maine, how they’re getting bigger and bigger, but not tonight of course. I shrugged it off.

The big ferris wheel now caught my vision. He parked and got out of the car. He jogged to my side and opened the car door for me. I thanked him and we entered.

I stopped, clearly confused. There’s no one but us. I looked at Kennedy and he just smiled at me.

“Don’t tell me th-,”

“This place is ours for tonight, Cammy!” He said excitedly.

Maybe he half-expected for me to question how, but instead, I pulled him to the roller coaster. I don’t know if he was happy with the decision, but it is my birthday, so he should just suck it.

We went to all the extreme rides and I can tell that he’s not feeling well anymore. He’s not a big fan of those kinds of rides.

“Hey, let’s go the ferris wheel.” I kind of jumped that he talked. He didn’t really make a sound during the night because I kept pulling him from one ride to another.

“Sounds fun!” I giggled. I’m really excited to see the view from there.

He smiled and held my hand. He guided me to the entrance. He looked at the guy in the booth and he nodded at Kennedy. We were put inside and situated in our seats.

I looked at him, “Thank you for all of this, Kenny!” I hugged him.

The Arizona Ferris Wheel started and I’ve been tapping my feet in excitement. I could feel the movement. Kennedy was beside me, watching the view with me.

Suddenly, the wheel stopped. I waited for a few seconds for it to continue, but it’s not moving. There couldn’t be more passengers because, apparently, we’re the only people here. I wasn’t bothered too much by this because our cart stopped at the most top of the whole wheel. The view is breathtaking. I could see the beauty of the city.

I looked at Kennedy and he seemed to be sweating. He looks nervous. I laughed at his ridiculousness.

“Uhm, Cameron. I have something…” He used my full name. This should be serious.

I looked at him worriedly. He, now, looks pale. I touched his cheeks and asked him what it is.

He smiled nervously while getting something from his pocket. I looked at his hazels, and they looked at me intently. “I… haven’t given you my gift.”

I gasped. In his hands is a small box with velvet skin.

“Oh, Kennedy. You didn’t have to” He opened the box and inside was a necklace with a heart pendant. In the middle of the heart was a diamond.

He shook his head and got the necklace out of the box. I turned around and let him put the necklace on me. His fingers traced the back of my neck after and I shivered. I looked back at him again. His eyes held a strong emotion that made me want to cry.

“Cameron, you’re very beautiful and I really want you to know that. I also want you to know that I care about you so much, that I’d beat up anyone for you.” He smiled slightly, but still hold that nervousness.

I have tears in my eyes. I know that. I don’t want him to just care for me; I want him to love me. I can’t speak.

He wasn’t finished.

“Look, I was really confused. The moment I saw you on the beach, I decided to get to know you, so I got all my courage and walk straight to where you were sitting.”

I remember that day so vividly. He had this gray v-neck shirt. He said hi to me and when I looked at him and said hi, too, I was pulled by his eyes. I’ve always thought he was good-looking.

“So, uhm, it seems that only now that I gathered up that courage to ask you this, but do you possible have any feelings for me? I mean, deeper than being friends? Because this have been toying my mind and every time we hang out, well, uhm, I’ve always wondered if…”

“What do you mean?” My heart is beating so fast right now.

“Well, I-I, well, Imayhavefeelingsforyouthatihavebeenhidingforalmostthreeyears.” He said it so fast that I almost didn’t understand it, but I did.

I can’t believe this, “Oh my God.”

“Uh, I should have known you’re not feeling the same way. I just ruined your birthday, Cam.” He looked down.

“Oh no! No, you didn’t, Kenny.” He looked at me with his eyes big. He was waiting for me to clear up what I just said.

“Uhm, I do have those feelings you were referring to.” I said quietly. Now, it was me who looked down.

I felt his warm hands on my cheek. His calloused finger grazing my jaw line. His right hand, cupping my neck. He looked directly to my eyes, and then my lips. I was nervous. I could hear the beat of my heart and the flapping of wings of the butterflies in my stomach.

He slowly ducked his head, moving closer to my face. My eyes fluttered close when I felt his soft lips on mine. At first, I was shocked and then I recovered. Now, my lips moving in sync with him. It was gentle, soft and sweet. Everything I could ask for our first kiss. My fingers running through his hair from the nape of his neck. He liked this and he pulled me into him more and I can’t help but smile at the kiss.

As much to my dismay, his lips were gone. We were panting both. His hands at my waist. His eyes locked with mine.

“Cameron, I love you.

Everything stopped. I couldn’t move. Is this really happening?

Apparently, it is.

“Do you feel the same way?” His voice cracked at the end. I think he was second guessing himself, so before he could do that I kissed him again and he smiled. He cupped my face and kissed me more deeply. His other hand rested on my waist.

I broke the kiss. He looked confused and red by the lack of oxygen.

“I love you, Kennedy Brock.” I said with a sheepish smile. He smiled and my heart soared at the sight of it. His eyes glistening with happiness.

“I love you, too, Cameron Grace Stone.”

And then, we kept kissing for the rest of the night. I don’t know what will the tomorrow bring us, but we’ll make the best of it.

We may be in a ferris wheel right now, but the whole day was a roller coaster ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, this isn't as good as the others in this site. Heh heh.
I got bored and made this. Hope you enjoyed it, though. :D