Waking Up with Headaches

Black and Blue

Once again John and I watched the movie Big Daddy with Adam Sandler. It was like the family movie. Every time it was on the whole family would get around the T.V. and watch.

We both turned to the sound of a slamming door behind us followed by “Are my kiddo in here?” It was our mom. It seemed like forever since I’ve saw her.

“Mom!” I shouted over to her. Too lazy to get my ass off the couch. “Big Daddy is on! Come watch with us!”

She headed straight to the kitchen and over to the pizza box John and I ordered earlier “I’m sorry. Not right now. I am sleeping and going to bed!” Bed? It was only five in the afternoon.

“How long have you been at work?” John asked wondering the seem thing as me.

“I’ve been picking up shifts since my night shift yesterday.” The nurse said yawning into her pizza “These boxes scare me! I don’t like looking at them. So what have I been missing in your lifes?” She acted curiously sitting by me on the couch.

“You can’t work for that long at one time mom!” John started agreeing with her. Even though he was right (that fucking always right bustard), she can’t be working for almost a day straight! It’s stupid she won’t give herself time to breathe. “Don’t pick up anymore shifts! Promise us!”

“I promise dad!” she teased him. I giggled a little till she turned to me and remembered something, “So how’s the boyfriend?” She smiled punching me playfully in the arm

I could hear John mumble under his breath “Which one?” I shot him a dirty look.

“I do not have a boyfriend. Thank you for reminding me.”

“Come on! Stop hiding! When are you going to pop out a Jack Jr. for me?” She asked pressing her finger into my stomach. I quickly pulled in back as John died laughing over the idea of ‘Jack Jr.’ Thankfully she turned her attention over to John “Don’t you laugh at her Mr. I’m not married yet! You are 21 boy! Find a girl before I got to go want-to-be-a-grandma-so-bad on your ass and set you up with my friends’ ugly kids. You want that?”

John got scared but her words. He started stumbling over his words, “Well-Well I ah…” I started laughing at the idea of John with a wife. It was a unnatural idea for me. “Lily almost kissed someone!”

“What!” She mom’s jaw dropped along with mine. “Who? Jack? Jack Jr.!”

“No!” I snapped at her before turning to John. Shit! I don‘t have any relationship dirt on him to get the attention off myself. “Sh-Shut up John!”

My mom continued to ask me question in a nervously delightful panic. I didn’t the only thing I could to avoid the unwanted question, I pulled a blanket over my head and hind.

That was on of the many times I wish the ‘If I can‘t see them, they can‘t see me’ rule worked the way it sounds.

“ALMOST! I will tell you if I do!” I yelled from under the cover of hiding place. Silence filled the room adding tension. I could feel my mother get off the couch but couldn’t hear any footsteps to tell me she left the room. “Is she gone?” I whispered to John.

“Yea, she just rolled her eyes and left.” I jumped out of the blankets and headed to the kitchen. I could hear John walking behind me, “Sorry I said that by the way. I had to get her off my ‘not married yet case’ you know?”

Sadly I did know. But all I could replied with is “Don’t worry. You’ll pay me back some how.” then taking a bit of a cold breadstick.

He nodded before stealing my last breadstick and running away to his room. I yelled at him with a mouth full of gross cold bread.

I heard the sound of what I hope is the doorbell on the count of I never it before. I headed over to the door choking down the last bit of my gross meal so I didn’t sound like a idiot to who ever was here.

I fixed my hair quickly in the mirror and wiped off the liner I missed when I took all my makeup off. I normally don’t like being seen without my makeup but I can live.

I pulled the heavy oak door open and to the side so I could see the stranger. Too bad it wasn’t a stranger.

There was Matt Flyzik. Sporting a black eye, cuts on his face, and a missing piecing that looked like it was focused out. He kept a hand on his rib cage and looked like he was in a lot of pain!

“Matt what happened!” I asked pulling him inside and over to a chair so he could sit down.

“Nothing. I’m fine” He clearly lied. “I just got in a fight and I didn’t know where else to go. I remember Zack told me you lived here so I came here.” I could feel a blush burning into my cheek as they grew apart with a smile.

I hugged him carefully trying not to hurt him more. “Stop being so sweet and please tell me what happened.” I laughed into his shoulder before pulling myself back.

“Nothing more than just a fight. Someone was being a jerk to my sisters so I had to set them straight, I just ended up being the one who lost and turned into a crackled broken line.” He laughed.

I put my hand under his chin and lifted to so I could get a better look at his eye. “Well I think that was very brave of you. You’re a great brother.” I pecked his cheek and pulled his to the kitchen. I pulled a icepack out of freezer and held it to his darken eye. “What a hero’s eyes.” I flirting joked to him.

“Well thank you.” He smiled put his hand on top of mine on the icepacks. We shared a giggle before he pulled back and gapped at his rib cage once again. “Don’t worry I’m fine! Just sore is all.”

I nodded. Then saw John entering the room in the corner of my eye. He looked nervously at the beaten up boy. “Umm, who are you? Or better yet did you need help?” He asked the punkish boy

“John, this is Matt. Matt, my brother John.” I introduced them to one an other. For some reason I never thought of them meeting like this. “Matt got in fight and I was helping him.” I explained with a tone like of voice saying ‘don’t fuck this up for me’.

John pulled me to the side and took a look at Matt fighting scars. He asked him some question on how he got them but he didn’t get much more out of him than I did. John noticed the boy was holding on to his ribs so he pulled his shirt up to see the damage. His rib cage was black and blue and looked like you could snap them off.

“Ouch! How did you get that one?” I asked the boy handing him the icepack.

John almost jumped at the sight of his broken up side. “That’s going to hurt in the morning!” John said patching him on the back and heading to the bathroom to get stuff to fix him up.

I put my hand on his cheek and kissed his forehead “I’m proud of you for standing up for your sister.” He cheek became a rosy pink and he planted a quick peck on my lips.

I couldn’t even help but kissed him quickly. His lips were soft and smooth without his piecing. I pulled away leaving him wanting more and than placing the ice onto his lips. He laughed into the ice and I held in a chuckle.

John joined us again and fixed up Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hi there! I know it's a little shorter than normal but I'll make up for it next chapter! Comments please!!!!!! I'm kind of dieing over here for some. I've been so bored lately and just been writing all day! AHHHH! love you for reading! <3