Waking Up with Headaches

Poppin Popcorn

(Lily's P.O.V.)

I didn't know to say to Jack. I felt like a piece of shit for being so rude. I didn't even give the poor kid a chance! 

I skipped lunch and spent French class at the nurse with a "headache". Than I couldn't even look at him during the rest of the classes I had with him. 

Kara could tell something was up and skipped lunch with me. I told her what happened and she said she'll get Rian to talk to him. 

After school I waited at my locker waiting till Jack walked by so I could get the balls to tell him, so I could tell how much I regret what I said. He didn't walk by. I knew he had to past my locker to get to the car. 

The hall was almost empty at this point. I started walking down to the main hall were no one was in sight. 

My heart and head were scared to look down each hall. I knew he was here. He couldn't just disappear into the air. I just hope he is fine. I can't help but fear for the worst. 

I reached the end of the hall and turned down a small hallway. 

He was fine. Fine, perfectly fine talking Julia by one of the exits. 

I smiled wide to see him.

Till I saw Julia 's lips to his. My heart dropped. I quickly walked back around the corner and into the girls locker room. I hear people changing around the other side of the wall.

I covered my mouth so no one heard me holding in my cries.

"Is someone crying?" I hear a girl say from a far. 

I pulled myself back into the hall before someone came towards me. 

I wiped my tears from cheeks. I saw Jack was walking in front of me. He must have heard the the door open because he turned around and saw me. 

He smiled and started towards me. His smiled switched when he saw I was crying. 

"Liles, what happened? What's worse?" he said coming closer and putting his hand on my shoulder  

"Don't touch me! Don't even look at me!" I yelled throwing his hand off me.

I wiped my eyes and started walking away.

"Lily, what did I do?" he asked starting to follow me

"Don't follow me Barakat!" I turned around yelled at him

I could see his heart break in his eyes but, he already took mine and ripped it in half. 

I couldn't look at him. I turned and ran from him. I didn't hear him follow me. I jumped in my car before I headed to Kara's. I didn't want to cry in front of her. 

(Jack's P.O.V)

"Julia!" I called to her stopping her before leaving

She was the only one I felt I could talk to about Lily

"What is it Jack?" she asked with her sweet calm voice. 

"I need some advice. I was hoping I could get it from you?"

"Of course anything. What is it?"

"Well the new girl Lily, I really really like her. And long story short we made out and I didn't really tell anyone. When she asked me about..."

"Your relationship not a relationship thing got her?"

"Yea! I even told her I loved her and she told me to forget everything that happened between us. Julia, I don't to go in more circles!"

She sighed and put her hand on my shoulder, "First I'm already jealous! You never told me that you loved me! Second, tell her you hate that whole circle poem thingy. And if she does get you I will always be here for ya when you need me."

I looked at her. She kissed my cheek. I didn't expect her to want me back. 

"Sorry. I really do love her, Julia. I need to return that kiss." I told her and slid her hand off my shoulder. 

"Good. I was testing to see how you loved her. You passed. Now go your girl Barakat!" she said with a smile and passed me away playfully. 

I smiled. Julia was till my best friend. Everything was clear again. I knew what to tell Lily now. 

I started walking away when I heard a door slam from behind me. It was Lily. 

I smiled and started towards her. 

I smiled. I couldn't help but smile. She was perfect and I had the perfect thing to say to her. 

Then I notice her cheeks were covered with tears. Her eyes running like a broken sink. 

"Liles, what happened? What's worse?" I asked putting my hand on her shoulder about to pull her into a hug. 

"Don't touch me! Don't even look at me!" She yelled throwing my hand off her and walking away

"Lily, what did I do?" I asked walking behind her

"Don't follow me Barakat!" she yelled in my face

My heart dropped and my head fogged up. The words were gone.

Her ice blue eyes crack and she ran away. I wanted to follow her but, I just couldn't. 

If I followed her I wouldn't have a chance. I wouldn't know what to say. And I would just fuck up more. I just wanted to go home and sleep this off. 

To bad I got fucking band practice. 

~~~~~~

We worked on putting some chords together but didn't play together much. Alex helped me out with the guitar chords because I couldn't stop thinking about Lily. 

"Alex, be in this fucking band already will ya?" yelled Zack from across the room

"Yea Alex. You're already better singer than all of us!" I added laughing for first time today

Alex laughed but didn't take it seriously and wrote something down in his notebook. 

I looked over at Rian and Zack. We all gave each other the same look. 

"Gaskarth," Rian said getting Alex to look away from his notebook, "We meant it. Want to be in the band?"

We all looked at Alex. His face dropped like he still didn't believe us. After we got him to join. 

Turns out, smartest thing we ever done. 

Before we left Alex even got the nerve to tell them about his brother. Not his cutting yet. Baby steps. 

I think we are stopping him from going down another road. 

Alex and I finished our first song when we got back to my house for the night (didn't name it yet). He also helped me make a plan to get Lily back at the party. 

(Lily's P.O.V.)

I hide in my car in the school parking lot. I can't even think about Jack and Julia without my heart aching. How could I spend a whole night with Julia?

I dialed Kara's number and started calling her. 

"Hey Lily! Where are you? Hurry your ass over here I'm bored!"

"I'm not sure if I can come tonight." I lied

"You're joking right? Julia already cancelled! Please come over!" 

"Julia isn't coming?" I asked calming down

"No! She just found out she has to drive down to her cousin's for some type of party. She's leaving tonight and doesn't get back till like seven at night tomorrow. Please come!"

"Okay I'll be right over." I told her and hung up

I can't tell Kara that her best friend kissed Jack. She was the only person that knows what happened between Jack and I too. Or at else that I know of. 

What I don't tell her can't hurt her. 

When I got to her house we put on pjs and started watching movies in her room. 

I learned so much shit about people at this school that I wouldn't had known without her. 

I also learned that I hate her for having the cutest relationship with Rian that I have ever heard of. 

She also gave me everyone's number so I can talk to everyone. I sent a few texts but only one person texted back. Matt. 

I texted him for awhile. He was so sweet and funny. I also found out he was a year older than us. I just he must have started school a year late or something like that. 

I started to miss my brother John so I gave him a quick call when Kara left to make popcorn. 

"Hey you calling about monday?" John asked right off the bat

"No. Just checking in. Why what's monday?" I asked

"Think back one year ago." 

About a year ago. Of course. Cause my heart needed to be reminded of more pain. 

"Dad died monday one year ago. Didn't he?" I asked

"Yea Tigerlily, I'm going to drive down to his grave Monday. You can skip and I will cover for you if you want. I just don't want mom to remember. I think it will be better if she forgets."

Kara walked back into the room. 

"Okay I won't. Please just come back soon Johnny Boy."

"I promise I will."

"Okay. I'll call you tomorrow. Have fun camping. Bye"

I hung up and wiped water out of the corner of my eye. This time happy tears. I was proud of my dad, still am. 

 "Who was that?" asked Kara handing me a bowl of popcorn

"Just my brother, John"

We started chatting about family. I stayed away from the topic of dads. 

I fell asleep in the middle of writing out a text to Matt. I think that was around 1 because he texted me in my sleep then. He wanted to know if I was still up. Clearly he found out I wasn't. 

Kara woke me up at 12 in the afternoon. We were going to the party around 4ish. 

The party kind of already started. The person throwing the party started partying yesterday when their parents left town. 

Kara and I ate then put on skinny jeans with cute tank tops for the party. She curled my hair and I did hers. Letting my inner girl out. 

The plan was party it up and sleep in the back of my brothers truck. Cause you can't go home drunk.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I wrote this all on my iPod. So it's a lot crappyer than the usual. My laptop broke so it will take awhile before I get to write more. I will try to put out another chapter soon. Ok sorry my lovely readers!!!! <3