Waking Up with Headaches

Welcome to Baltimore

(Matt's P.O.V)

I got lost in a sea of people. None I knew too well. The word of the party must had gone out and everyone from other school were here.

"Flyzik!" yelled someone from behind me. It was Jack stumbling his way over. He smelt like bar. He wrapped his arm around my neck for support. He was clearly drunk.

"Jack how much did you drink?" I stupidly asked him knowing his answer.

"Too much!" he grinned foolishly and tripped over his own words. I starting walking him outside. "Where are we going?"

"My house. I'm not letting you stay here and make regrets."

He let out a stupid laugh "Too late! The last person who took me home I ended up making out with her." He laughed stumbling across the yard. "Sorry, you aren't getting that lucky with me! I‘m not that drunk!" He chuckled like it would be the last time he laughed.

I laughed along with him and pushed him into the car. He was tall and unbalanced making it almost impossible to not have him hit his head on the roof of the car.

"Damn it!" Jack yelled falling into the car and putting press to his forehead. "You meant to do that!" He couldn't take pain at all.

I jumped into the driver's side and sent a quick text to Lily: Sorry got to go want to hang out tomorrow?

When we got away from the house and finally pulled into my driveway I dragged Jack out of the car. He was falling in every other way till he finally came to his knee and met the ground. Right next to the couch. So close!

I started jumping Jack off the floor when I heard a familiar voice. "Don't tell me he's drunk!" I turned around to see my 12 year old sister coming down the hall. She was panicked and shaking.

"What's worse Abby?" I asked her as she helped me pull Jack onto the couch.

"You were here. Dad left." That was all I needed to hear to put the puzzle together. "Kayla just fell asleep. Be quiet will ya?." She mumbled and silently headed to her and Kayla's room

"Abby, I'm sorry. You okay?" I asked her meaningfully but she could only reply with a simple nod.

I walked into my room and gapped some blankets and pillow. I tossed a blanket on Jack and laid on the floor next to the couch and fell asleep quickly after.

~~~~~

When I woke up I went to the bathroom and got aspirin for Jack when he wakes up. I hit him awake and handed him the pills and a cup of water. “Thanks.” He choked up the words rubbing his eyes. “How did I get here?”

“I took you back here. No big deal. Just didn’t want to send you home drunk. How‘s the hangover?” I joked heading to the kitchen.

“Fucking suck! All I remember is talking to Zack and Rian outside then just drinking till I puked!” Jack threw he head into his arms on the table and mumbled something to himself. I couldn’t make out the words.

We ate and I told Jack to jump in the shower because he smelt like boozes and day old regrets. He agreed and I sneaked into the girl’s room quietly to check on Kayla.

The 15 year old was still hiding in her dreams. Her eye was black and blue with a cut by her temple. The wedding ring. I couldn’t help but feel like a bad brother for not being here to take the blow. “I’m sorry I should have been here you didn’t deserve this. It‘s all my fault.” I mumbled the truth into her ear

“Matt?” she asked coming out of her sleepily daze “It’s not you fault. You didn’t do anything.” I brushed the hair out of her face so I could hear her better.

“Yes it is. I promise he won’t touch again. You, me, and, Abby are leaving the moment we can. I swear to you if it’s the last thing I do!”

“Matt-”

“Shut up Kayla.” I told her playfully and kissed her temple. “Just go back to sleep. You need to rest.” She listen to me for once and fell right back to sleep.

I couldn’t believe I let her get hurt like that. She did nothing. Kayla and Abby tried to help him. He shouldn’t being hurting them when I’m the reason she is gone. She shouldn’t be the one with the black eye.
I should be.

(Lily’s P.O.V.)

I got home around ten in the morning. Mom was off to work but, John was home early. I got Matt’s text and thought it would be fun to hang out with him today.

John could tell I had been drinking and I didn’t lie to him. He never lied to me so I don’t lie to him. I told him everything, even about Jack. Then about my almost kiss with Matt.

“So who do you like more?” John asked smirking behind his cup of coffee. The smell was haunting but, I passed. I just wanted to sleep more.

Matt and Jack. So far they are both so different. Matt is shy and sweet. Like a mini princess charming. And Jack, he’s so fun and silly. I have so much fun with him without even trying. I didn’t want to leave his arms last night. “I don’t know. I think I need your help.”

Deep inside I wished I kissed Matt and. If I kiss Matt and don’t feel anything I could try to get pass friendship with Jack. I feel like such a whore.

“Well I can’t pick one for you Tigerlily!” He was right. I couldn’t just have him pick. I sighed deeply and stole I sip of his coffee. “Invite this Jack kid to come with us tomorrow.” John said without a tone like he wasn’t joking. He was dead serious!

“Make Jack deal with that baggage? I couldn’t even talk about that with people back in New York!” How could I talk to someone as sweet as Jack about that.

“New York is different. Welcome to Baltimore.” He was right… AGAIN! I wasn‘t in New York anymore. “Maybe it would be a good thing if someone knew. You can talk to someone other than me. Give him a call.” John gave me a cold tone and walked to his room. As much as I hated it, he was right. He was always fucking right! What would I do without him?

I jumped in the shower and put on sweats before calling Matt to invite him over today. He said he couldn’t. I guess he had to stay home for something. So I called Jack. Lucky I got his voicemail, “Hey Jack. It’s Lily. Umm please just call me back I have to ask you something important about tomorrow. Umm okay bye I guess.”

I unpacked some boxes in my room. I was almost finished. I felt so much happier seeing the floor and getting to walk around the room without worrying about tripping over boxes. Even if there was no space to walk, I could walk without fear.

I got all comfy and started watching a movie with John when my phone started going off. It was Jack, my heart started to race and I ran into the other room. “Hello?” I sounded nervous. I wondered if I sounded like I was trying to hard.

“Hey, what did you need to ask me?” he voice was so sweet and caring. I regret those word already!

I should just choke it out, “My brother, John, and I are going somewhere tomorrow during school. I really need someone to be there with me. It would make it easier. Can you come?”

There was a silence on the other side of the line. I could feel my hands shaking. I could only image what he was thinking. What if he didn’t even hear! What if I had to ask him again. What if he was with Rian, Zack, and all them but didn’t want to answer them in front of me. What if he says no?

“Lily? You there?” asked Jack on the other side of the line partly laughing. I must had gotten side tracked when he was talking.

“Yea I‘m here just dazed out for minute is all. What did you say?” I noticed how girly a was playing with my hair and tossed my hand out of my hair.

“I said I’ll come,” The weight dropped off my shoulders. “I just want to know where we are going first?” He voice sounded happy like a chuckle of some type. That tone only made it harder to tell him we were driving to a graveyard.

“Deerfield Graveyard.” I told him bluntly. There was more silence. I started chewing on my cheek hoping he wouldn’t just hang up in the awkward timing. Maybe I should just tell him not to come “You don’t have to come if you don’t want to. I’ll-”

“No I’m going Lily.” He quickly cut me off. “You said you need a friend. I won’t make you go alone when you said you need someone.” Even when I couldn’t see him I knew he was smiling. I felt safe knowing he would come. “I’ll ask Rian if he can drop me off at your house in the morning. Okay.”

I mumbled agreeing into the phone. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Just remember you don’t have to come if-”

“Stop!” he shouted laughing into the phone causing me to jump a little “You aren’t going to stop me from coming so stop trying. I’ll see you in the morning Liles.” There was a quick hush beep in the phone telling me it was time to hang up. I didn’t even get a chance to thank him.

I retreated back to the living and join John on a couch hidden with boxes. My mother had been working so much that it looked like they were still moving boxes in. They were everywhere! We decided to started to unpack some things then remembered I didn’t know where my mom want to put the objects.

For some reason I was scared and excited for tomorrow. Mostly scared. I didn’t deal with my father’s death well and I don’t even know why I’m still standing. I lost hope to long awhile ago and it never came back just like my dog Piko.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi my loves! I'm a crappy writer sorry. If you are reading this you made it though more of my bullshit. I promise in the next two chapters you will like Lily as a character.

Updating soon. Comment me and tell me what you are looking forward too! I also like friends. Friends are cool with me. Okay lovely readers! Night!!! <3