Marry Me?

2/2

I woke up to the alarm clock. It was playing one of my favorite songs by my boyfriend. Scream. I loved the song so much.

I hit the button to make the music stop so Matt wouldn’t wake up yet. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I started the shower, wanting the water warm when I got in. I stripped from my boxers and sweats, putting them in the hamper in there. I got under the warm water and got clean. I stepped out after and went into the bedroom with a towel around my waist. I got in a t-shirt and some black skinny jeans. I didn’t bother with boxers today.

I looked at Matt. He was snoring and sleeping soundly. I crept over to him and kissed his lips lightly, murmuring an “I love you” before leaving the room, phone in hand. I went downstairs and grabbed my wallet and keys before slipping some shoes on. I left the house, locking the door behind me. I got in my car and drove the short while to work.

When I got in I saw Marcy typing on the computer. She looked into it, so it probably wasn’t work. “Hi, Marcy,” I said, getting her attention.

“Hello, Chris. How are you?” She asked, clicking a few things with the mouse - probably closing what she had been doing.

“I’m good,” I told her, going behind the counter to sit in the seat next to her. “And yourself?”

She smiled. “I’m good.”

“I’m gonna give Matt another tattoo today,” I told her, grinning.

“Oh really? Well, have fun with that. And remember what the boss said, you’re not allowed to fuck in the store.” She pointed at me, teasingly.

I rolled my eyes, giggling. Marcy and my boss actually didn’t know or listen to Matt’s band, so he was “normal” to them meaning they could know he was gay. “When’s the first one?”

“Eleven fifteen. Um, Scott said he wasn’t gonna be able to make it in. Something with his ex-wife. He asked for you to cover for him.”

I nodded. “I wonder what the ex wants.”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. Scott sounded upset though.”

I nodded and my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a text from Matt, making me smile. Good morning. Sorry I missed you heading out. You aren’t busy are you?

I looked at Marcy to see her roll her eyes and go back to the computer in front of her. Morning! And it’s alright, Mattie. I’m good until 11

I put my phone on the desk and grabbed my book from the drawer. I tried to read a lot here. I was about to start the page when the bell rang, signaling someone coming in. “Hello, Matt,” Marcy said, before I looked up.

Matt was coming in, smiling, and holding a small bag and two coffees. “Hi, Marcy,” He greeted. He sat on the outer side of the counter. “I assumed you didn’t get breakfast this morning,” He told me giving me the bag. I looked in it to see an apple fritter.

I smiled. “Awe. Thanks, Mattie!”

He smiled - making his perfect dimples show - and handed me one of the coffee cups. “Hey, Matt, Chris told me you were letting him tattoo you again,” Marcy said smiling.

He nodded. “Yea. I don’t have a clue what he’s planning on tattooing on me or where, but I trust him.”

I smiled. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad. And you’re not allowed to see it until it’s healed.”

“Where are you putting it?” He asked.

I thought over it and looked at my canvas. I saw a spot on the bottom of his arm that’d work. “There.” I pointed at his arm.

He looked down at the spot. “Alright. But that can be publicly displayed daily, so it better not be anything bad.”

I grinned. “It won’t be. I still haven’t designed it, so you can’t stay here all day.”

He nodded, knowing at least one fan would come in today. “Alright. Well I gotta go to work anyways. Bri’s being a bitch and calling every ten minutes.” He pulled his phone out and pressed the red button as he said this. “Tell me when to come by, alright.” He leaned forward and captured my lips with his.

“I will. Drive carefully and tell the guys hi for me.”

He nodded. “I love you, Chrissy.”

“I love you, Mattie.” He gave me one more kiss before leaving with a wave.

“Chrissy?” Marcy asked, smiling. “God, you two are so cute!” I blushed at her words. “And what are you tattooing on him?”

I smiled. “Hang on, I wanna design that now and it’s a surprise for him so when I show you, you cannot tell him!! Promise?”

She rolled her eyes. “Promise.”

I grinned and started working on designing the simple tattoo. I started working out the plan in my head. I’d wait until closing to give the tattoo to him, I’d make sure he didn’t look the whole time, we’d go home, when it was time to take the bandage off I’d propose.

Sounds fool proof to me.

I finished the simple design of the tattoo and smiled. Marry me? Y[ ] N[ ] I thought it looked good. I showed Marcy. “What do you think?”

She read over it and gasped. “You’re proposing?? That’s great, Chris!” She hugged me tightly, grinning. “He’s going to say yes for sure,” She told me.

I grinned back. “I hope so. I love him so much.”

She smiled. “Congrats, Chris.” The bell rang, stopping our conversation. I got up to tattoo our customer. I hoped tonight went well.

***

The day was almost over. I texted Matt after the first customer of the day left and told him to come after closing. He said he would and when closing came Marcy left me, wishing me luck. When Matt got here I grinned. “Hi,” I said, happily.

He smiled, showing off the gorgeous dimples. “Hey.”

I locked the door and flipped the sign on the door to say closed and smiled at Matt. “This way, sir.”

He chuckled and followed me. I got the equipment ready as he sat in the chair. “What’s my tattoo, Chrissy?” He asked.

I laughed and shook my head. “I’m not telling and to insure you don’t know.” I held up a bandana that Scott had left in here at one point.

Matt smirked. “Kinky.”

I felt my cheeks heat up. “Perv,” I muttered, wrapping it over his eyes. “Don’t peak, it’s a surprise.”

He relaxed in the chair and put his arm up for me. “Telling me not to peak is making me want to,” He muttered.

I grinned and kissed his cheek. “Patience.” I got everything ready and then started to mark him with my question.

I kept glancing up at his eye to see if he was peaking or not. I wanted to make sure this surprise went best! Usually Matt found about my surprises for him. Like his surprise birthday party, his Christmas presents for two years, and his Easter basket. The man cannot be surprised.

When I finished I placed the bandage over it and took the bandana off Matt. “There you go.”

He smiled at me. “I getta see it tonight right?” He asked, standing up.

I nodded. “Yup! As soon as it’s been a few hours.” We walked out of the back room and I flipped the lights off. We left the shop, me locking the doors behind us, and went to our cars.

Matt kissed me quickly. “Wanna race home.”

I grinned. “Hell yea. I’m convinced you cheated last time.”

He rolled his eyes. “‘Corse you are. I’ll give you the head start this time.” He got in his car and I heard it start up. I got in mine and started it too, pulling out of the parking lot and driving home. I didn’t see Matt in my rear view mirror, making me think he had a short cut home. Cheater.

I pulled into the driveway beside Matt’s car and went inside with a pout on my lips. Matt was on the couch and smirking. “Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.”

He chuckled and opened his arms up to me. “C’mon, Chrissy.” I crawled into his arms. Another thing I love about him. He has so much muscle whenever he holds me I feel safe. “Waiting to see the tattoo is going to be torture.”

I giggled. “Good. It’ll be worth it though.”

Jurassic Park marathon?” He asked.

I smiled. “Sure. I’ll get the popcorn if you get the movie ready.”

He nodded and we stood up, me going to the kitchen while he went to the TV. I popped three bags of popcorn knowing Matt and I will most likely throw it at each other. I put them all in a big bowl and went into the living room where the lights were now off and Matt had a blanket.

I smiled and we got comfortable on the couch together, under the blanket. Matt played the first movie and we ate popcorn while watching the film. After we watched all of the Jurassic Park movies I took the popcorn bowl into the kitchen and thought it over in my head.

Mattie, I love you so much. So, so much. I want to be with you forever and never have to let go of you. I’d take the bandage off then and show the ring. Will you marry me? I’ll ask then.

It’ll go perfectly.

“Stay,” I commanded. “I’m gonna reveal your tattoo, I need to get something though.”

He nodded and I ran upstairs to our room. I dug around in my drawer for where I hid the little black velvet box. I put it in my pocket and went back downstairs. “Do I getta see it now?” He asked.

I smiled. “Yea. But I have a question to go with it.” I sat next to him and started slowly removing the bandage. “I love you, Mattie. I love you a lot and I want to be with you forever. So…” I pulled the rest of the bandage off to see a little red x in the yes box. I furrowed my eyebrows, I hadn’t tattooed that there.

Matt smiled, his cheeks dimpling. “I would love to marry you, Chrissy.” I pouted at him. He must’ve looked when he got home. Ass. “You know how you think surprising me is fun?” He asked, pulling me closer. “I think surprising you surprising me is much more fun.” He lifted my chin and met my lips with his.

He kissed me softly and I kissed back, happily. Sure it didn’t go as I had planned, but he said yes. He said fucking yes! I get to have him as my husband and that makes me happy enough. When we pulled away I got the ring out and put it on his left ring finger. “I love you,” I told him.

He smiled, brightly. “I love you too.”

I get him all to myself forever.