Status: Short Story ^.^

Be Someone

One

She’s a dancer, a writer, an artist, a singer, she’s everything I want to be. I stand in front of her with a fake smile plastered on my face as more and more people stare at her. I smile as I continue to notice guys staring at her, but she doesn’t. She’s oblivious to the stares and looks of hunger she gets. She ignored the way guys try and flirt with her. She ignores the way guys ignore me to be with her.

A man walks up to her, and I can smell the fresh leather coming from his jacket, I can smell the rich cologne that his adorning his body. I can smell his hunger for her. No, don't turn towards her. No, I'm here too.

He doesn’t seem to notice my desperation, the look of sadness on my face. She doesn’t either. She’s too busy becoming entranced by his features. “Well hello, look who we have here.” He chuckled deeply, his voice filling my ears sweetly and softly.

A lump forms in my throat as she laughs her quiet laugh, the one that sounds like small bells chiming and dancing with the wind. That laugh gets everyones attention no matter how quiet.

“Well,I’m sure she won’t mind.” She laughs as they glance at me. I quickly shake off the sad look and post a fake smile on. They grin and slowly, they walk away. I suddenly felt so cold and alone in the crowded ballroom. I let them walk away, standing there like an idiot until the majestic doors close.

Gasping, I run towards the balcony my dress swaying as I run. Running past happy couples dancing to the soothing music,I pull open the doors and run towards the banister, where I see the happy couple down below. He’s whispering in her ear and she’s laughing loudly. The snow was turning my hands red and numb,but I didn’t notice.

She got him too, she got him just like the others. Feeling someone watching her, she turns around and winks at me. I put the mask on again and wink back at her, knowing my eyes were filling up with water.

When they were just small figures popping out of the white snow, I felt the tears come. My boring blonde hair sways as my shoulders shake. It was so,so cold. But I felt colder, I felt colder inside.

I sniffle and wipe the tears that seemed to be flowing endlessly. I squint, and watch them huddle closer together as the snow falls onto them. My hair was stuck to my face, snow and tears sliding down my cheeks. I watch with slow breathes as they turn towards each other and meet halfway.

I’m done trying to be the girl next door.

I will be someone who every girl dreams of being. I will be someone everyone loves. I will be someone I am proud of.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?