Status: you have no idea how much fun i'm having with writing this. :)

The Traveling Man

I am so bad at flipping those switches.

Once I finished pondering the strangeness of "smaller on the outside," I realized how awkward the situation was becoming. She was staring at me. I blinked.

"So... What now?" She asked.

"I don't know. Usually by now, something happenes and we're running for our lives, but not this time, apparently."

"What, are you a criminal or something?"

"No." I might have said that a bit too defensively, because she eyed me with suspicion. "Well, not usually," I continued, "However, there have been a few misunderstandings. But that's beside the point. We'd be running for entirely different reasons."

"Like what?"

"That's a ridiculous question. Obviously, someone would be chasing us."

"Who?"

"It's different every time. And you ask a lot of questions, don't you?"

"Yeah, well you're a questionable fellow."

"I'm not sure what that means, but it's okay because I have an idea. Come on, back in the box!" I grabbed Miri's hand and pulled her back into the TARDIS.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked, already at the console, flipping switches to the utter delight of my fingertips.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we can go anywhere in time and space. Where do you want to go?"

"That's impossible."

"No it's not."

"Of course it is! Science has proved it!"

"Science also proved that it was impossible to move--thousands of years before now. This nice old man named Zeno proved it and nobody's been able to prove him wrong since. Not to mention that I just materialized a box that has a larger interior than exterior right on top of you. And you're saying something as simple as time travel is impossible? Get some perspective."

"But... No! It just doesn't work that way?"

"What doesn't work that way? Please, just humor me for a moment."

"Whatever."

"Well?"

"Ice skating."

"What?"

"I want to go ice skating. On a planet made of ice."

I grinned. "That is a magnificent idea!" I immediately finished my flipping with popping the coordinates to the best ice planet I could think of, and pulling the lever I had marked "GO."
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOOOOOO!!! please comment! suggestions &etc are very welcome!!