Status: On hiatus

She Heads to the Dresser Drawer to Drive Her Pain Away

14

As Rylie sat in the family waiting room to get the news that Ashland made it through alright, she zoned out and started pondering thoughts of what would happen after this. Would she and Ashland be able to go to school,and live together without having to have foster parents? As she started to think more into the concept,someone called her name.

"Is there a Rylie in here?" the nurse was on her tip-toes, looking for Rylie. Rylie stood up,and her new, dyed black and red hair stood out as she walked to the nurse,getting nasty glares from other people's families.

"Yeah,I'm Rylie. Is Ashland okay?!" Rylie asked frantically, her eyes were pleading for the answer she wanted to hear.

"Ashland's just fine, she's still asleep from the anesthetic. You can go sit in her room though. Grab your things and follow me," the nurse said as Rylie walked away to grab Ashland's bag, along with her messenger bag with her sketch pad in it. They arrived at Ashland's room and Ashland was sitting up,drinking water and watching a T.V. show about people swapping wives.

"Hey Ash!" Rylie said as she set Ashland's stuff down on her bed. Ashland smiled wide.

"Hey Rylie!" Ashland tried to hug Rylie, but remembered her wrists and sighed.

"Hey, it's alright. I can hug you later," Rylie said and smiled as she sat in the blue chair next to Ashland's bed. It was extremely uncomfortable.

"So how was sitting in the waiting room?" Ashland giggled in between words.

"Oh my gosh! I got so many people giving me daggers because I dress different and my hair is different. It's mainly old people,but still!" Rylie exclaimed,using hand gestures for emphasis.

"Aw. Poor Rylie! I get stared at all the time. Except at school, I'm kind of popular," Ashland explained,then gasped as one mom on the T.V. made a child cry, "Bitch!" Ashland exclaimed.

"You're worse than me...I don't yell at the T.V.!"

"Hey! The girl is a bitch! She made a poor little kid cry," Ashland explained and pouted.

"Oh fine. She's a bitch. But the only reason I'm agreeing is because you just had to pout!" Rylie giggled. Happy moments like this, made her world turn like it needed to.

Rylie phone started ringing, playing "Check Yes Juliet" by We The Kings as her ring-tone, telling her she had a new text message.

"It's from Jenna, the guidance counselor pulled her into her office, asking about you and where you are," Rylie said as she typed a quick response.

"Oh no...That means everyone in school already knows..." Ashland sighed. Monday would be hell for her.

"Hold on,she texted back," Rylie said and read the text message aloud. It said that word had gotten out and people were whispering about Ashland all day.

"I told you!" Ashland said and her happy expression immediately changed to sadness.

"It'll be okay, Ash. I'll stand with you through it all," Rylie said, trying her hardest to comfort Ashland.

"I don't wanna go to school..."

"You have to, Ash. You've got to face it sometime. Listen,I'll get my schedule changed to all your classes,and if anyone gives you shit, I'll beat their fucking ass for messing with my sister," Rylie stated fiercely.

Ashland smiled, "Thank you Rylie...I couldn't ask for anyone better to call my sister,"

The doctor then came to update Ashland on her condition,and he looked like he had some bad news,but was going to sugarcoat it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh...I don't like this one...