YOUNG

P A I N

Carter was never the same the day John told her, her mother was dead. And to the day she finally understood what had happened, she still couldnt grasp the fact her mother was gone forever. She wanted more memories of her and her beautiful mother.

She wanted to be young forever.

Nobody wanted Carter in her family, they all thought badly of the young girl. Afterall, her mother; the most cheerful and most warming lady in the whole world; killed herself. "It must of been Carter's fault," they said, "I dont want a child like her in my house!"

The O'Callaghan's welcomed the young girl in their arms. Who could stomach the idea of sending her off to place on her own. Not them. Even John, as little as he was; was alarmed. He saw the tears she cried every night and he saw the pain she wore on her face.

He stuck by her, all through the years, until middle school. She was getting tormented and picked on, John didnt and couldnt help her.

-

"Carter?" Marie frantically tried to serve out the food to her three boys, "John, where's Carter?"

John shrugged, he paid no attention to the girl anymore. She was a loser, an attemped sucider, a stupid girl, "Who cares."

"John Cornelius!" Mr. O'Callaghan towered over the eleven year old boy, he picked his son up by the ear and dragged him into the office, "You think your funny, dont you?" He stared at the emotionless face, "Do you know what she has gone through? No you dont. You werent emotionally attached the way Carter is. She isnt just some girl who had small over looking problems. She has real problems, she cant face alone." He ran his hand through his hair and looked at his son again, "What happened between you two? You guys were inseperable."

John shrugged and didnt dare to meet eyes, "I grew apart and up."
He sighed, "I see. Go. Dont let me catch you being rude again." He sat down in his chair and placed his hands on his forehead. Things were getting rougher and rougher with Carter and his heart couldnt take it. She was the sweetest, just like Mel. He kept thinking why did Mel do this; they were finacially ready, and they had a nice home, nice neighbors, and nice everything. Why did she leave her daughter.

"Honey?" Marie knocked on the door and smiled, 'Hey. This is addressed to you." She sat on the corner of the desk, "Its from a private mailer, do you think its for Carter?"

"Dear Mr&Mrs O'Callaghan, we have opened up a spot for Carter Castilogne at our rehabilation school. Attached is information." He felt relieved, that something good, was going to happen for Carter.

Marie sighed and stroked her husbands face, "Its about time, she needs this more than ever."
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?