YOUNG

F L I R T I N G

Carter walked into the building with the boy she hated with a passion, she tried to distance herself, but the overcrowded hallways prevented that. "Ugh." She hated this idea. She hated every second of it.

John looked over at Carter and rolled his eyes, "Your not going to make it. The office is that way, meet me by my car after school. Later."

Carter gave him the finger and made her way to the office. The smell of old lady perfume and coffee filled her nostrils, she scrunched her nose up and made her way to the front of the desk, "Hi, um. I'm new here."

The lady looked up from her computer and nodded, "Mhm." She typed away and looked back at her screen, "What do you need? A pass or something?"

Carter made a look, "Um, I dont know?"

She stopped typing and groaned, "Well good lord child, what do I look like? Your keeper. Here." She printed off a paper and handed it to her. "Now go to class, dont be late."

"Kay, thanks so much for your welcoming." She walked out and stared at her paper, Locker 345, 23-21-09. "Awesome." She made her way through the halls and found her locker, and she enjoyed the idea sarcastically that a couple were smacking lips righ next to it.
'
Hey Carter!"

She turned around to the familiar voice, "Hi Jared." She smiled and waved, she fixed her bag and started opening her locker.

"How you liking our school so far?"

Carter smiled and put her books in, "Well how can you not love that lady up at the front desk? She gave me such an amazing welcome." She closed it and crossed her arms, ready to get the day over with.

Jared chuckled, "Oh, Ms. Vrez? She's a real sweetheart."

"I could tell." They started walking and laughing, for once Carter felt like she had a friend. A real friend. Not someone that just wanted to be a friend just to be called a friend, but a friend who wanted the title and mean the word friend. She felt like life was beginning to look okay.

-

"Heey, Carter!" Jared waved her over after she entered the lunch room, "Come sit with me."

Carter shrugged,, "Um, okay." She walked with Jared to a table full of guys, "Wait."

Jared stopped and looked at her, "Yeah?"

"Wont the other girls think the new girl's a slut?" Carter pointed to herself and the table full of guys.

Jared shrugged, too, "Fuck what they think, your the new girl!" He laughed and pushed her along to the table of his friends, "Hey dudes, this is Carter. Carter thats Kennedy, Tim, Halvo-well his name's Eric, but we call him Halvo, and last but not least thats Garrett. We've got another runt but he's sick."

Carter giggled and waved, "Hi." She sat down next to the guy with the weird nickname. She sat awkwardly at the table and froze with John came walking up. She slid down in her seat and groaned softly to herself. John would kill her, absolutely kill her.

John glanced over at the obvious sex that did not belong, he put his hands up, "I'm not going there." He grabbed Jared and walked to the lunch line.

She gave John a look as he looked back smirking. He left her awkwardly on purpose, and he knew she was going to be awkward. But, she breathed slowly and smirked back. She turned to the guys and smiled, "So, how old are you guys?"

Kennedy smiled a charming smile, he thought the new girl was hot. "We're all seventeen except Garrett and Pat. They would be sixteen and a sophomore.

She nodded and crossed her legs, she taunted each of the boys with her slimming figure, "So, what do you all guys do for fun?"

Tim smoothly wanted to talk his hand in the flirting with the new girl, "Well, what do you do for fun?"

Carter gave an open smile, "I asked you first." Her eyes flirted with his as she shrugged, "I'm sure we might like the same things." She felt a new feeling of confidence as she toyed with these guys flirty gestures, she felt new and inspired to become someone she wasnt.

Tim looked around and nodded, "I think we can all say we like to party and have a good time."

Carter nodded too and smiled, "I guess I can say I do too." She kicked herself mentally, no she didnt.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh. feedback?