I'm A Walking Disaster, They Told You To Stay Away

Love At First Sight

I turned on some Jason Aldean and started to unpack. I danced and sang around the room to My Big Green Tractor. It brought back all the memories in Texas. All the country moments that I won't find here. I miss it, but then again I'm ready to start something new. I've been waiting to find a reason to leave that small town. Even though I wish what happened didn't happen, its means there's a plan for me. I might as well make the best of a fucked up situation. I smile and continue to sing along. I unpack my boots; I might as well get rid of them. In a city like this, I doubt there are in country hangouts.

I grab a bunch of hangers and start filling them with clothes. I found it actually enjoyable to get to pick how my room is set up. I can make it look however I want. I position everything the way I want it. I smile and nod my head. It looked pretty good. It could use a few more pictures and maybe a cute little chair, but I'll figure that all out later.

I flop on to my bed and pull out my laptop. I get on Facebook to see about 100 notifications. I haven't been online sense the tragic accident. I read through a few. All of them are saying how sorry they are about what happened, they'll be there when I need them, they're going to miss me, and that they love me. It was all really sweet, but I'm tired of people feeling sorry for me. I want someone to talk to me like everything is normal. Like none of this ever happened. I look at the clock 4:45. I've been unpacking for a while now, but at least its all done. I shut down my laptop and lay down. I sense footsteps walking to my door. I look up and see Alex leaning against the door frame. He smiles and jumps on to the bed to lay next to me. I smile at him.

"How was practice?" I ask.

"Same old, same old," he smiles at me. "You're room looks good!" he pats my arm.

"Well thank you! I did it all myself!" I shoot him a smile.

"Who the hell are you listening to?" he asks looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Jason Aldean," I answer.

"That's right, you're from Texas! Little Ms. Hick!" He said giving me a hard time.

"I'm not a hick!" I say defending myself.

"Oh, yeah. You could never tell with that hick accent!" he jabs at my side and I laugh.

"I do not have a country accent!" I yell.

"Of course you don't!' he smiles at me and wraps his arms around me.

I lay in his arms and take in what's going on. I take deep breaths to calm myself down. He held me close to him with no intention of letting go any time soon. I can picture it now; Alex would be a wonderful boyfriend. I would wake up with a text from him. His face would light up every time he seems me. Alex wouldn't be ashamed to hug and kiss me in front of his friends. Maybe he would even write a song about me.

"Lauren?" Alex asks pulling me out of my day dream.

"Uh, sorry. I just zoned out a bit," I answer, blushing.

"There's no need to blush, I do it too," he smiles his million dollar smile at me. I blush again. "You make me nervous."

"Is that bad?" I ask. I looking up into his eyes.

"Of course not! No one has ever made me feel this way," he said. I could tell he wasn't lying. His eyes told me he was telling me the truth.

"How do you know I make you feel this way? You've known me for a day." That may be a bit harsh, but I'm not ready to go through any more pain.

"Maybe its love at first sight."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short! I'm sorry! I like it though!
And sorry for the Jason Aldean, I was listening to him when I wrote it!
Comments, pleeeease? I'd like to know what everyone thinks:)