Cookie Dough

Cookie Dough

Franks POV

It was April 8th. The day before Gerard's birthday. I was so excited for this. I was going to be extra prepared this year. This had to be the best birthday for him. Besides, it was his 16th and you only turn sixteen one time. I opened the fridge and looked around. I found the blue egg carton and put it on the table. I scrounged around for the remaining ingredients. I was making him chocolate chip cookies. It’s one of his favorites.

I threw all the ingredients in a big bowl and churned them around slowly. This needed to be perfect. I already had his cake in the oven, a vanilla one to be exact, with chocolate frosting. I was so preoccupied in my work that I hadn't noticed that someone had walked in. I almost dropped the spoon I was holding.

"Gerard! Get out of here!" I exclaimed as I ran towards him. I was much shorter than him, so I knew if he would fight back that I would lose.

"Hey there Frankie! What you doing in here?" he asked mockingly. I starred up at the raven haired boy and sighed. I tried to push him out with all of the strength that I had. I was strong, but not as strong as Gerard After about a minute of trying I just gave up and pulled out a chair and sat down letting Gerard explore.

He practically ran over to the counter looking inside the big mixing bowl. I scowled at him in silence as he turned to look back at me, his elbows hanging on the counter with his feet crossed. Mental note for next time, when you’re making Gerard something for his birthday, don't invite him to stay the night the same exact night. It won’t work out to good. He smiled a crooked smile that I loved. His hazel eyes sparkling in the dim kitchens light.

"Is this all for me Frankie?" he said batting his eyelids. I chuckled. I couldn't stay mad at him.

Gerard's POV
I starred over at my best friend frank. He looked so cute in his little apron that hugged him loosely around his waist. The small boy nodded feebly and walked over to the counter, where I was standing. He returned to his mixing. I stared at him for a brief second until he looked up at me. Seeing that I was staring at him. I blushed and looked away quickly. I let my eyes wander to the stove. I saw that the light was on so I skipped my way over and flung open the door letting the smell of vanilla poor out in the kitchen.

“Frankie! Thank you so much! I love it!" I exclaimed running over to the smaller boy and hugging him tightly.

"Glad you like it Gee." he answered me. I loved it when he used my nickname. He hugged me back lightly letting his fingers travel up my spine. I sighed with satisfaction, nuzzling my head between his neck and shoulder blade. But, too soon he pulled away. I whimpered lightly and folded my arms across my chest.

"What’s the matter Gee?" he asked me playfully, dropping the spoon down inside the bowl. I smiled slightly as he came closer to me and wrapped me in a hug.

My heart skipped a beat and I could hear it hammering against my chest in an erratic kind of rhythm. I hugged him back, tighter than his own grip. I sighed and twirled my fingers through his brown hair. I had feelings for frank. Too strong of feelings that I could admit. I couldn't tell him how I felt. He would problem freak out and end our friendship in just that one minute where I had confessed. Frank showed no feelings for me in that way what’s so ever. He pulled back slightly and ran the back of his hand slowly up and down my face.

"You can tell me anything Gee." he told me. I knew I could. But I couldn't tell him that I was in love with him. My best friend. He tapped his foot waiting for my answer. I looked around the room for something I could choose to blame my sigh on.

" I uh..." my eyes landed on the mixing bowl on the counter.” I wanted some cookie dough!" I shouted. He looked at the bowl and then back at me, wonder in his eyes.

“You wanted....cookie dough?" he asked me. I could tell he wasn't buying my lie. I just nodded my head keeping my lips in a firm straight line.

"Well you can’t have any until tomorrow." he said smiling slightly. He walked over to the bowl and dipped his finger in it. “but that doesn't mean that I can’t have any." he smiled and brought the cookie dough to his lips and eating in all the way off.

"Hey! That’s not fair! I exclaimed as I ran after him. He just stood there and folded his arms across his chest.

"Uh huh! I made it!” he shouted picking up the bowl and running to the living room with it. This seemed do childish. But I liked it. It was like a game of tag. But the cookie dough wasn't what I was going after.

Franks POV
I ran into the living room and stood there waiting for him to enter. I shook the bowl in my hands and taunted him slightly.

“If you want it you got to come get it!" I said in a singing tone. I laughed as he stumbled his way in eying me with his beautiful hazel eyes... he was so gorgeous. I couldn't tell him that though. He smiled and jumped over to the couch In front of me. He grabbed the bowl from my hands and dipped his fingers in slowly taking out a big chunk. He slowly brought it to his lips.

He smiled and said "got ya!" as he shoved it in his mouth. He stuck out his tongue, which was full of cookie dough. I laughed to myself and grabbed him forcefully. I through my arms around him quickly, making him drop the bowl. It landed on the floor with a loud thud. I ran my fingers threw his almost shoulder lengthen hair.

"No I got you." I said as I clashed our lips together forcefully. To my immense surprise and gratitude he didn't pull away.

My old grandfather clock dinged for the stroke of midnight. I pulled away and smiled at him. He had cookie dough on his lips. I smiled as I dove in once more to get it off with my lips.

"Happy birthday Gerard." I smiled. He nodded and looked up at me. We were still so close together I felt his cookie dough breath on my neck.

“Best birthday ever." he said and with that, I yanked away and picked up the bowl.

"I can’t wait till we frost your cake." I said with a devious smile, as we walked in the kitchen together hand in hand. Finally together, where we belonged.