Status: Complete!

We'll Tell The Saddest Story Of How We Made It Through This Past Year.

Fourteen: I just had a bad dream.

Jack's POV
Later that night, I woke up in a panic. I had dreamt of the girls, running around in circles and crying out for us, and we weren't able to reach them, despite everything that we tried to do. And just as reached them, a familiarly unfamiliar face swept in and took them away, and they were crying.

I woke up to the sound of crying and thought it was leftover from my dreams. I shook myself awake and crept down the narrow hallway to the back lounge where the girls had fallen asleep watching a movie. We hadn't wanted to wake them after the ordeal that they'd been through today. Despite appearing to be fine, we didn't know if either of them would have any lingering effects.

Sammie was crying, but she stopped when I sat down beside her.

"What's wrong, Angel?" I asked her, cuddling her against my side.

"I didn't know where I was when I woke up," she said. "I want to go to my bed. Can I?"

"Sure thing, sweetheart." She got off the couch and I scooped Gabby into my arms. She shifted a little, opened one eye, and smiled at me before nodding off again. I deposited her gently into her bed in the front lounge and Sammie crawled into bed beside her. I just stayed there for a few minutes, looking at her.

"Are you okay?" Sammie asked me, looking years older than she actually was.

"I just had a bad dream," I said. "Go to sleep now. I'll see you guys in the morning, I love you."

"I love you too," she said, her eyes already sleepy.

I didn't want to go back to sleep after that, so I opened the door and stepped outside. It was a nice night, and there had still been voices outside when I'd fallen asleep around an hour outside. Nights like tonight, when we parked somewhere, all the buses together, there were usually some sort of party outside. But with the events of today, most of All Time Low band and crew had decided to skip the fesitvities.

I didn't think any one would be left outside, because I didn't hear anything. I walked around the bus and a shape loomed beside me, scaring me half to death. I recognized the blonde hair and white smile. Kyle. He seemed to be everywhere lately.

"Hey, Jack. How are the girls?" he asked, and he seemed genuinely concered. I remembered realizing that he hadn't been walking towards the help desk but towards the exit, and then minute of panic I'd experience. But I brushed it off. Kyle didn't go to Disney World all the time like we did. He hadn't looked at the signs, he'd been busy dealing with two hysterical little girls.

"They're fine, thanks. Thank you so much, Kyle," I said, smiling at him. "We owe you so much."

He seemed embarrased. "Nah, man. It's all good. But if you feel like you owe me .. have a drink with me? Everyone else went to bed and I'm not ready for bed yet."

I started to turn him down, but the look in his eyes and the slight sadness in his voice changed my mind. I was allowed to have a beer once in a while, right? Alex had had one with some of the crew the other day.

"Sure." I sank into one of the chairs outside the bus. Kyle had his back to me for a few minutes, rummaging in a cooler, and when he turned back, he handed me a beer, the cap already popped off.

"Thanks," I said gratefully. I drank half of it in a long gulp. "Maybe this will help me sleep," I murmured.

"Oh, you have trouble sleeping? That sucks," he said. "Especially since you can't sleep in like the rest of us, since you have your kids."

I smiled and sipped at the beer. It had calmed me almost instantly. "Nah, it was just tonight. I fell asleep, but I had a dream that the girls were gone and it shook me up. That's why I came outside."

Kyle studied me for a few minutes without speaking. I was almost starting to get uncomfortable with his eyes glued to me.

"What are you thinking about?" I said teasingly.

"How I envy you and Alex, I guess," he said, "but how at the same time I'm glad I'm not you. I wouldn't want to have be responsible for children all the time. I like being able to do what I want, when I want, and I wouldn't want to have to live with knowing that something I did endangered my child. I guess that makes me sound flighty or selfish or immature but it's the truth."

"Nah, it's none of that," I said. "I felt the same, until I fell in love with Alex and started seeing myself settling down. And then the circumstances with the girls, well .. you'll see, when it'syour turn, your feelings will change."

"I don't think that will ever happen," he said sadly.

"Aw, why not?" I shifted slightly and a wave of dizziness washed over me. I ignored it, sipping the beer. It tasted weird, but maybe that was just me. I was tired, nothing was making sense anyway, so why should the beer taste good?

He smiled sadly. "The person I love is in love with someone else."

I wanted to tell him something to comfort him, but I was feeling really weird. I was light headed, after just one beer. Maybe it was for the better than I'd laid off of them.

I didn't realize that Kyle had gotten closer to me until I felt his hand on my thigh. "Alex is so lucky to have you, Jack," he said softly. He ran a hand up my thigh and I knew I should push him away but I couldn't do it.

"I'm lucky to have him," I answered. My voice even sounded weird.

"No, he's lucky to have you," he repeated. "You're gorgeous, you're thoughtful, sensitive ... you're everything I've ever wanted, Jack."

His words penetrated the fog that was surrounding my brain, but they didn't make sense. "Wh-wha?" I slurred.

"I love you, Jack. I want you to be mine," Kyle said, with urgency. He leaned against me, his boner straining against his pants. "I know you want this, too."

Want what? Nothing was making sense and my whole body felt like it weighed a million pounds.

I didn't even realize Kyle's lips were on mine at first, and when I did, there was nothing I could do about it. My head screamed at him to stop, but my lips couldn't form the words and I couldn't move. I was frozen.

Alex's POV

I woke up with nightmares, and had a feeling that I wasn't the only one. I got up out of bed to check on the girls and Jack. The girls were in their bed in the front and Jack's bed and the back lounge was empty, so I figured he was outside. I pushed open the door quietly and slipped outside.

I walked around the bus and my heart plummeted to the ground at the speed of light.

Jack was sitting in a chair, with Kyle Burns draped over him, kissing him. And Jack wasn't doing anything to resist. He was just sitting there.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!" I shouted, not caring who I woke up at this point. "What the fuck are you doing?"

I ripped Kyle off Jack, throwing him backwards into a pole. He slid to the ground and wrapped his arms around his knees, protecting himself. But for the moment, my rage was aimed at Jack.

"What the fuck were you doing, Jack? Fucking letting him kiss you? Did you enjoy it? Are you cheating on me?"

Jack was shaking his head, but he wasn't saying anything. I could see the tears forming in his eyes but that wasn't enough. I wanted him to beg and plead, to promise me that he'd never do anything like that, that he'd never even consider it. But he didn't say anything.

"I thought you were happy with me!" I screamed. "I thought you loved us? I guess you don't! What would the girls say? Damn it, Jack, I trusted you!"

The tears streamed down his face. "A-Alex," he stuttured. "I-I-I sorry."

I didn't have time to catch him before his limp body hit the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Any guesses to what happened?! You'll find out in the next chapter anyway, which will hopefully be up within the next week or so, but I'm still curious to see if anyone guesses what happened.
I know this is short ish, but its SUPER important. It's the drama needed to get us to the end of the story. If I'm not mistaken, there is 3 chapters left. EEEEEK just 3.
I hate when stories end but I can't drag them on forever unfortunately.
You guys should check out my new Jalex if you like this one though :3333