Status: something from nothing

Silver Ecstasy

Strange

Arianna inhaled through her nose, taking in the dank, familiar scent of herb that she had not encountered in a while. She gave Chris a good looking-over, from his lopsided mop of choppy brown hair, down to his dirty and tattooed feet. He looked dirty, but not greasy, both personable and strange in his own way; the embodiment of a godly grime. A hint of a complacent smile crept onto Arianna's lips, a twinkle in her eye at this boy who was clearly so content living in his own little world. Refreshingly strange - she was hesitant to think he could be anything more than a drug-happy bum.

"And who's this, lil' sis?" Chris asked as he released Hannah from their reunion hug.

"That would be Arianna," Hannah swung her arm around her awkward friend's shoulders, "You guys haven't met yet, but we've been friends for a while."

"Yes...we haven't met yet," he said. He seemed to exhale smoke with every utterance; Arianna blinked away the onslaught.

"Mnn.." she nodded slowly, "Nice...tiger." Chris looked down at the large cat that had recently become a part of his tattoo collection.

"Thanks," he said, and held out his hand to her, "I'm Chris."

"And...like Hannah said, I'm Arianna," she extended her hand to shake, but he smoothly brought it to his lips for a gentlemanly kiss. Arianna stifled a quiet scoff despite slight goosebumps running up her arm. Hannah simply chuckled at her brother's typical ladysmith behavior, and slid past him into the house, prompting the two to follow, "So where have you been these past two years that Hannah and I have been friends?"

"On tour," Chris said shortly, taking a sip from a nearby glass of a deep maroon liquid that could only be wine.

"Mmn, cool," she thought it only fitting that he be a struggling musician...close enough to a bum, right? Still, there was something in his unusually dark green eyes..or a lack of something. He didn't have those dull, uninspired eyes that indicated a deadbeat. Instead, his eyes were subtly full of life; how unusual.

Ari followed Hannah into the kitchen, leaving Chris to his own stoney devices, "Apple?" Hannah asked, tossing the apple behind her before a response came. Arianna caught it and took a bite.

"Thanks."

"Mmm-hm," Hannah sunk into the couch beside her brother, setting to work at peeling a banana, and Arianna took the adjacent armchair, "Isn't it a bit early for alcohol, Chris? I mean, weed, sure, but it's only...what, three thirty?" she glanced at a clock behind her, "Mom's gonna be home in a bit."

"Nah," he said with a surfer-esque ease, "She's goin' out tonight - y'know, gonna get her flirt on at that club she likes."

Hannah laughed, muffled by a mouthful of banana, "Oh, of course. Funny how my momma parties more than we do, huh?" Arianna nodded in agreement, smiling, "Well how 'bout you, Chris, you gonna go party too? Or are ya gonna be a bum and stick around here?"

"Mmm...yeah, I'm just gonna bum around."

"Ugh," Hannah made a face, "Welp, I guess we can't have a girls' night then - Arianna's staying over, by the way," she mentioned, and turned to Ari, "We could go out...?"

"Sure, why not," she agreed, "I'm gonna have to raid your closet though!"

"Ain't no thang," Hannah smiled, "Then that's that!" she got up, tossing her half-eaten banana into the kitchen sink from 15 feet away, "Have fun here, Chris. No sluts and no raves while we're gone!" Arianna made a face as she got up and headed for the stairs, apple in hand. She flinched when Chris grabbed her forearm, stopping her.

"Be careful," he said, and let her go, not looking up from his lit joint.

"...sure," she muttered, walking away and up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
moo.

<3