Status: Inactive.

Unwhispered Words

One.

Image

I stared at the empty trunk sitting on my bed, all my belongings scattered around it. My sixth year at Hogwarts already. It's amazing how quickly time can fly, especially considering everything that's happened while I've been there. Let's see, there was them hiding the Sorceror's Stone in the school, which one of our own professor's tried to steal, the Chamber of Secrets being found with a gigantic snake in it, Sirius Black breaking into the school, the death of one of my fellow classmates, Cedric Diggory, and last year it was really proved that the Dark Lord had returned. I mean, what the hell is gonna happen this year?!

I laughed to myself. I wonder if it's possible to have a normal year at Hogwarts?

I guess I'm about to find out.

"Wingardium leviosa." I muttered, pointing my wand and manuvering all my belongings into the trunk, one by one. I glanced over at the clock. 9:30. I still had plenty of time before the train would leave, so I walked around my room, making sure that I had gotten everything I would need for school. It's a good thing I did too, or else I would have forgotten 2 of my school books, 1 set of robes, and my toothbrush.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I shouted from my bathroom, placing my toothbrush in a plastic bag and sealing it. I heard the familiar foot steps of my brother come around the corner.

"Are you almost ready? It's nearly 10:30, and I want to get there early for a good compartment."

I had spent a hour looking for the rest of my stuff? Damn.

"Yeah, I'm almost ready."

He nodded his head and starting walking away, shouting behind him, "Meet you in the foyer in 5 minutes then!"

"Chase, wait!" I yelled, running after him. He turned back towards me. "Yeah?"

"Um.. Are Mum and Dad here?.."

His face fell. "No, they aren't.."

"Oh, alright." I tried not to look sad. He sighed and walked away whispering, "Five minutes," and he was gone.

I closed my trunk. It was a stupid question. Of course Mum and Dad weren't here. They're never here. I don't understand how they can't bother being here for this. I mean, Chase and I are leaving. Do they not get that? Don't they even want to say good-bye?

A loud tap on my window brought me out of my thoughts. I smiled at the sight of Shiloh, my black owl. I opened the door to her cage and let her in.

"How is it that you always know when we're leaving?" I laughed. She hooted, nipping my ear before flying into her cage.

"Charlotte, let's go!" Chase yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming!"

I looked back at Shiloh, smiling. "Ready to go home, baby girl?"

Hogwarts, here we come.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, i decided to start over with the draco story.
and this is just sort of an intro. more soon. (: