Status: Inactive.

Unwhispered Words

Ten.

Image

I couldn’t sleep that night. I tried my hardest, but it just wouldn’t come. I tossed and turned, praying that I would soon be off in my own little wonderland, but I wasn’t granted that luxury. I was just too excited. I was going on a date with Harry Potter tomorrow. How could I NOT be freaking out? What am I gonna wear? And what about my hair, my make-up? These are important questions! I’ve never been on a date before. What does a girl like me wear on a date? What does ANY girl wear on a date with Harry Potter?! I have no clue!

I needed sleep or I was going to look like a mess tomorrow. The last thing I want is for bags to be under my eyes. That would be absolutely horrendous, and so unattractive! Ugh!

I began counting in my mind. Hopefully that would calm me down enough to lull me away.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7…….

***

My eyes fluttered open, squinting at the bright light shining through the window across the room from my bed. I sighed, shoving my face back into my pillow. It felt as though I had just closed my eyes 5 minutes before. Stupid sun for waking me up. And that’s when it hit me.

Holy shit, I really had to pee.

I jumped up from the bed and made a mad dash towards the lavatory. All I could hear in my head was “Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now..” Stupid American jingles. I made it just in time, and sighed in relief. Much better.

A shower was the next step. I relaxed under the warm water, enjoying the way it caressed my skin as it flowed all over my body. Most people say that diamonds are a girl’s best friend; I disagree, showers are.

It was only 11, which meant I had plenty of time to get ready for my date with Harry. Agh! My date with Harry, eep! I was so excited, and it felt so weird. It was my first date, ever. I’m 16 years old and I’ve never been on a bloody date! What kind of a girl am I?

Just thinking about it stressed me out more. Okay, Charlotte, calm down this instant! You’ll be okay. It’s going to go fine. Quit worrying. Deep breaths. I began to take deep, gulping breaths, hoping my heart would stop beating so quickly and go back to normal. Slowly, but surely, it did.

Now I can start on my hair.

***

I left the common room at 12:15, after trying on 10 different outfits, 6 different hairstyles, and re-doing my make-up 4 times. I finally decided on keeping it all simple, wearing a multi-colored sundress with a pair of flats, my hair straightened to where it reached down a little past my shoulders, and some light gold tinges to my eyes, lined with black eyeliner. I could feel my nervousness radiating through my body, and yet I felt like I was on Cloud Nine, all because I was having a lunch date with Harry Potter.

I passed many of my fellow Slytherin’s, many of whom eyed me up and down, trying to recognize who I was. Dressing up had never really been my style. Blending in is what I prefer. I could hear some of them whispering things like “Who is that?” or “Is she in our house?” along with “I’ve never seen her before in my life.” I couldn’t help but smile. It was nice to be noticed for once.

As I rounded the corner, I saw Harry waiting for me at the entrance to the Great Hall, a picnic basket set at his feet. My heart leapt into my throat as I slowly walked towards him. His back was turned to me. I lightly tapped him on the shoulder.

“Hello Harry.”

He turned, and a grin spread widely across his face. “Hello Charlotte.”

I felt heat begin rising to my cheeks. I hated my name more than anything, but when he said it, it made me want to swoon. I looked away, suppressing the urge to giggle. “Please Harry, I prefer Charlie over that god-awful name.”

“I think it is a beautiful name.” he whispered, gripping my chin and turning my face towards his so I could see him smiling. I returned the gesture.

“So, what do you have planned for me today, Mister Potter?”

He smirked and leaned down to pick up the basket that still rested beside his feet. “I was thinking a picnic down by the black lake, if that’s alright with you.”

“That sounds lovely.”

With that being said, he offered me his arm, escorting me out of the castle and across the grounds, towards a tree that was located fairly close to the black lake. He looked towards me, his expression asking me if this spot was alright. I smiled at him. He set the basket down, pulling a blanket out of it and resting it under the shade of the tree.

“My lady.” He said, swinging his arm towards the blanket, asking me to sit, while laughing lightly.

“Why thank you, kind sir.” I giggled.

He quickly occupied the space next to me and began removing all the article of food and beverage he had brought along. Two goblets, a small carton of pumpkin juice, a plate covered in these dainty little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and some pumpkin pasties. I giggled again.

“Please tell me you’re a fan of peanut butter and jelly.” Harry pleaded.

“I can’t think of anything better.” I winked.

He sighed, relieved. “This isn’t really my thing, honestly. I’ve never actually asked a girl on a date before, not even when the Yule Ball came around. I’m surprised I got up the nerve to ask you. Girls aren’t really my thing, I always get nervous and I either start to stutter or I start to ramble, which makes me look like a bloody fool, and oh my gosh, I’m doing it right now.”

He stopped abruptly, staring down at his hands, his face reddening. He’s nervous, how adorable. I instinctively reached out, taking his hand in mine. “It’s alright, Harry. I’m nervous too. I’ve never been on a date either.”

He jerked his head up, shock etched across his face. “Really? But you’re so beautiful, how could you not have been asked out before?”

I immediately began blushing. “I don’t normally look like this.” I whispered.

“You are beautiful just the way you are, Charlie. I actually prefer you without the make-up, quite honestly. That’s when you’re most beautiful.”

I looked up at him through my lashes, a smile spread across my face. He was so sweet..

Suddenly, he moved towards me, taking my face in his hands, pulling me towards him gently, tilting his head to the side. Oh no, he was going in for a kiss! Without thinking, I quickly pulled out of his grasp.

“Harry, I can’t.” I muttered.

“Oh, Charlie, too fast, I’m sorry!” he quickly apologized.

“No, no, it’s okay. I’m just not ready.” I took a deep breath before admitting the reason why to him. “I’ve never kissed a boy before, Harry..”

I couldn’t bring myself to look at him. It was so embarrassing. I was 16 years old and I’d never been kissed. Hell, I’d never even actually held hands with a boy, besides Chase, and that’s only when we were younger and had to cross the road. Harry didn’t say anything at first, just nodded his head.

“I’ve only kissed a girl once, if that helps, last year, Cho Chang.”

I gasped. That ghastly girl? She was so vile! I had personally heard her boasting about having sex with some Ravenclaw boy just last week. How could Harry be interested in someone like her?

“I regret it now, wish it had been someone else, especially considering how much she whores around now.”

“Thank God.”

I couldn’t help it, it just slipped out. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand. Oh my, I can’t believe I just said that. Harry looked over at me, amusement dancing around in his eyes.

“Not very fond of her, are you?”

I shook my head in response, unable to suppress my ever-growing laughter. Soon enough, he joined me. What a lovely first date.

We sat under the tree for the next few hours, talking, learning more about one another, sharing stories from our pasts, plans for our futures, and sometimes, we would just sit there in silence, contemplating what one of us had just said, all the while devouring the food he had brought with us.

I learned that his favorite color was blue, although if anyone from Gryffindor house asked him, he would say red. If he could, he would stay outside and play Quidditch all day long. Broccoli repulsed him. Halloween is his favorite holiday. He wants to be an Auror. His biggest pet peeve is dishonesty, and my personal favorite, he loves my eyes.

Soon enough, the sky began to turn orange and pink, the sun slowly descending in the sky.

“I guess that’s our cue to start heading back.” Harry muttered, packing the picnic basket back up. I then noticed the clenching feeling of anticipation building in my stomach. It was now or never.

“Hey, uh, Harry?” I moved closer to him, so our bodies were only inches apart. “Do you, um, want to try that again?”

He gazed at me in confusion, while I looked down sheepishly, before gazing back up into his eyes. Realization slowly cascaded over him, and he snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me so we were pressed against one another.

“I would love to.” He whispered, then pressed his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments! (: