Status: Inactive.

Unwhispered Words

Two.

Image

Platform 9 3/4 was crowded, as it always is. Chase and I parted ways, as he had Prefect duties to attend to. How he ever got chosen as a Prefect, I don't think I will ever know. He's like the younger, single version of the Weasley Twins. Man, I miss them..

I boarded the train, dragging my belongings behind me, searching for an empty compartment. There had to be at least one. Coming towards the very back of the train, I finally found one. Nobody really likes sitting towards the back, considering how much longer of a walk you have to get to the chariots, wagons, or whatever it is they choose to call them.

I don't really mind the walk, or the lack of company. Being alone has always just been my thing. I enjoy the idea of remaining invisible. Chase is really the only person that I talk to.. Well, there was Fred and George, but then again, nobody knew that we were friends. They didn't want to be seen fraternizing with a Slytherin, and I didn't want to give anybody else the idea that maybe they could come talk to me as well.

I'm not a very big people person. I'd rather they just stayed away.

I lifted my trunk and placed it away, making sure it was secure, and placed Shiloh's cage on the opposite seat, opening the door in case she decided to spread her wings for a bit. She remained still, sleeping.

Sliding closer to the window, I watched mothers and fathers waving to their children as the train gave a great lurch and began leaving the station. I didn't bother straining my eyes. My parents were nowhere in the crowd, so searching would be pointless.

Instead, I closed my eyes until I was sure that the station was no longer in view. Once I knew that I would no longer see it, I opened them and began enjoying the scenary. Endless trees, continuing into forever. Large rolling hills, like waves on land. Then there was the crystal blue lake, shimmering in the sunlight. It was all so beautiful.

I dug my hand into my bag, pulling out my new Spell book, and began to flip through the pages. Might as well skim through to see what I'll be learning this year.

Spells quickly became boring, so I placed the book back in my bag, replacing it with my new Potions book. However, upon flipping to the first page, I quickly changed my mind. Previewing the chapter would be a waste. Snape taught everything differently from the book, so instead of being prepared, I'd be worse off. Instead, I chose to look over my Transfiguration book.

Flipping through the pages, I caught sight of one chapter that really caught my interest. Animagi. I quickly turned to the page, 354, and began to read.

***

The train gave another great lurch, and I looked up, shocked, and saw that we were pulling up to Hogsmeade Station. Had I been reading that whole time? I looked down at what page I had gotten to. 407. How long was this chapter anyways? I flipped through to the last page of the text, marked 432. No wonder they said that becoming an Animagus was beyond difficult.

I closed the door to Shiloh's cage, grabbed my trunk and pulled them out into the hallway, just as I had done since my first year.

"I'll come see you soon, baby girl." I whispered to Shiloh, ruffling her feathers.

I entered the crowd, of course being pushed and shoved, as students eagerly moved as quickly as possible, ready to be at the school already. I paid it no mind, and merged with the crowd.

I climbed onto one of the chariots, ignoring the other occupants, keeping my eyes focused on the area where I knew the school would come into view any second. That's when I felt the tap on my shoulder.

I looked into the brown eyes of a girl who wasn't exactly ugly, nor beautiful. I guess you could say she was average, like myself, although her face did resemble that of a pug.

"Move."

It was a simple word, but I looked at her as if she had spoken a language I had never heard.

"I'm sorry?" I asked her.

"What are you, stupid? I said move!"

I looked to my right, and that's when I realized why this girl was so insistent on having me move. I was sitting beside Draco Malfoy. Looking back up at the girl, I realized who she was. Pansy Parkinson. The psycho-obsessive twat who had been drooling over Draco since we were first years.

She tapped her foot impatiently. "Anytime now!"

"I believe that there is an empty seat right there, Pansy. And as for myself, I'm perfectly comfortable in this one." I sneered.

Where had that come from?! It was just a seat. I should just get up and move, like she asked. Or well, like she demanded.

Now it was her turn to look dumbstruck.

"What did you just say to me?"

That's when I said something I never thought I would hear escape my lips.

"I said piss off, you stupid bitch."

I heard as Draco began snickering next to me, which only added to how annoyed I was. I can't even remember the last time I ever felt annoyed.

"Actually, I have a better idea." I stood up. "You can take this seat, and I'll just do this instead."

Placing my hand on the side of the chariot, I jumped over the edge onto the ground. I'd much rather walk than sit with them. Pansy smiled with satisfaction, taking my now unoccupied seat next to Draco, latching herself onto him. I watched until they were out of view, and then began walking.

Well, I guess I'm going to be late for the feast.
♠ ♠ ♠
so far, i like it.
but that doesn't really matter, does it?
all that matters is if YOU like it.
comments please. (: