Status: Inactive.

Unwhispered Words

Seven.

Image

I left McGonagall’s office, a new class schedule in hand that focused on furthering my abilities to become an Auror. I reread it, feeling the relief wash over my body.

Monday
9:00 – 10:00: Advanced Transfiguration (with Ravenclaw)
10:10 – 12:10: Double Advanced Potions (with Gryffindor)
12:20 – 12:50: Lunch (with all houses)
1:00 – 3:00: Double Advanced Charms (with Hufflepuff)

Tuesday
9:00 – 11:00: Double Advanced Defense Against The Dark Arts (with Gryffindor)
11:10 – 12:10: Advanced Herbology (with Hufflepuff)
12:20 – 12:50: Lunch (with all houses)
1:00 – 2:00: Advanced Care of Magical Creatures (with Ravenclaw)

Wednesday
9:00 – 10:00: Advanced Transfiguration (with Ravenclaw)
10:10 – 12:10: Double Advanced Potions (with Gryffindor)
12:20 – 12:50: Lunch (with all houses)
1:00 – 3:00: Double Advanced Charms (with Hufflepuff)

Thursday
9:00 – 11:00: Double Advanced Defense Against The Dark Arts (with Gryffindor)
11:10 – 12:10: Advanced Herbology (with Hufflepuff)
12:20 – 12:50: Lunch (with all houses)
1:00 – 2:00: Advanced Care of Magical Creatures (with Ravenclaw)

I had gone from 11 classes to 6. Wow. I was so thrilled I practically skipped back to my dorm, where I began disposing of all my unneeded textbooks and purposeless homework. Now, not only had I lowered my class amount, but I also had Friday’s free! Hell yes! And best of all, I won’t have to make up a mass amount of work, if any at all, because I was already taking most of the classes. Today is going great!

My stomach growled, and it dawned upon me that I hadn’t eaten all day. Calming myself, I changed out of my robes into a comfortable pair of jeans and a tank top, pulling my hair back into a ponytail, before I scampered off to the Great Hall. It was Friday, so guess who didn’t have class? This girl! It was just turning 12 in the afternoon, so if they hadn’t been already, classes would be letting out soon.

I took a seat towards the middle of the table, knowing it would make me blend easily with the crowd. A small feast appeared in front of me, my stomach growling again, as I placed a chicken breast on my plate, heaping it with food. Looking around, I saw that I was the only one currently occupying the Great Hall. It was kind of nice, just sitting there, enjoying the beauty and the silence.

A few minutes later, and half the food on my plate already consumed, students began filing into the Great Hall, most giving me odd looks, and even some glares. What had I done?
Chase rushed up to me, cocking his head to the side in amusement.

“Charlie, you do realize that today is Friday, don’t you?”

“Um, yes? Why are you looking at me like that?”

He chuckled. “You forgot your robes.”

My robes! That’s why everyone was looking at me oddly! I looked down, just to reassure myself that I was actually wearing clothes, before I turned back to Chase.

“I don’t have class today.”

He nodded his head as I heard somebody behind him scoff. Leaning back, I saw Draco Malfoy shooting a glare my way.

“What did you do, Peverell? Run to McGonagall and pout about how you weren’t feeling well?”

I rolled my eyes. “Shove off, Draco.”

His eyes widened. “How dare you say my name!”

“Well, what else would you prefer I called you? I mean, that IS your name.”

He simply shook his head, mumbling under his breath, before turning away from me.

“I beg your pardon?” I asked him, regaining his attention. “I do believe I asked you a question.”

His mouth dropped a little. He obviously wasn’t used to being spoken to in such a direct way.

“I said, what would you prefer I call you, just in case you forgot.”

His face softened a little as he studied my expression. “Call me Malfoy.”

“I will not.” I replied, without hesitation. “Malfoy is not your name. It is your last name. I will continue to call you Draco if we ever converse again.”

With that, I pushed my plate away, stood up, and walked out of the Great Hall, leaving him there, stunned.

***

It’s amazing how quiet the castle is when all the students are in class. I’ve never seen the corridors so empty, so peaceful. I strolled around the castle, memorizing every pathway, every crack, every window, before I decided to go outside.

I automatically walked towards the Forbidden forest. I never understood what it was, but I always had a soft spot for trees. They always seemed so pure to me, so safe, and although I knew there were dangerous creatures in there that could harm me, I still felt the need to go in.

“Aye! W’ere do you think y’ur goin’?” Hagrid shouted from my left.

I was so focused on heading into the forest, I didn’t even realize I was passing his hut.

“You know you aren’t ‘spose to go in there,” He grinned at me, before he continued his
sentence, “Withou’ a teacher.” He winked and began striding towards the trees.

I froze for a few seconds before chasing after him. “Hagrid, where are we going?”

“I wanna show you somethin’.”

We passed through a wide clearing about 30 feet into the forest, before pushing through some deep brush, weaving around the huge trunks of some trees, ducking under a hanging log, before we entered another clearing, along the edge of a small lake.

“You gotta be quiet.” He whispered as my foot crunched on a dried, fallen leaf.

I tiptoed along after him. “Can I trust you?” he asked. I simply nodded.

“Now, I know that I’ve taught this creature in one of my lessons before, but I remember that you weren’t able to come to that class, because you were feeling a little on the sick side.” He chuckled. I blushed.

We followed the path of the lake for a few more minutes before Hagrid paused. “Wait ‘ere.”

I stopped as he disappeared in a cluster of trees further down. I studied the lake as I waited. It was clear, nice and shiny and blue, and had a glare cast on it from the sun shining through the light coverage from the trees. What would Hagrid be showing me?

Soon enough I heard his footsteps returning, the pattern of each step jumbled with those of another person. Person? Or was it another creature? My body shook, anxious to see what he was going to show me.

“Come on, hurry up..” I muttered, unable to stay patient.

Slowly, Hagrid emerged from the trees, alone, before turning around, ushering something to follow him. As it showed itself, I gasped.

It was absolutely beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
even though it was simple, i felt like i had to introduce draco into the story just a little bit.
i don't want to rush it though.
i'm going to take my time.
i want you guys to be able to connect with charlie, feel what she feels, see what she sees, and understand why she does the things she does, and why she is the way she is.
i think it's coming along nicely.

i hate saying this, but i would like some comments. hehe. (: