Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: cookie for a comment? :)

Enchanted to Meet You

Invisible

She’s wearing his shirt.

I recognize it to be his shirt, because it’s the same shirt he was wearing when I first saw him.

But that’s all she’s wearing. Just his shirt.

She struts into the room like I’m not there, passing me by with an obnoxious wave of honeysuckle lemons. It makes my vision spotty.

Her light blonde hair cascades down her back in loose curls at the perfect length. She looks like a goddess.

I hear his voice. It sounds like a choir of angels. Except he calls her name.

He comes towards me, his eyes locked on mine, and his smile forming butterflies in my stomach. I smile back as he reaches for my face, but it falls straight. He walks through me like I’m a ghost.

I spin harshly to follow him, and I wish I didn’t. He catches her face in his open hands and plants a romance novel kiss on her lips. I gasp one final time as I hear a pop. My lips drop and sink into the floor. They disappear, leaving an unusual blank spot on my face.

I watch in horror as his fingers trace up her arm, tickling her skin into goosebumps. Another pop takes my own arm down.

I can’t speak, I can’t tell them to stop. I don’t have a mouth.

Every touch he makes on her skin, my body begins to disinegrate into the air. Like I’m becoming invisible. First was my lips, then it’s my arm, my neck, my stomach, my waist, my thighs. Other parts.

Until all that’s left is my eyes.

I’m forced to watch.

He kisses her lips one last time, then whispers in her ear. I can’t hear him, because I don’t have any ears, but I can read his lips.

I love you, he says.

He kisses each of her eyelids, and I am gone.

Like I wasn’t even there in the first place.

. . . . . . . .

I didn’t thrust awake like they do in the movies. I wasn’t sweating, I wasn’t shaking. I simply opened my eyes, relieving myself of the nightmare.

I noticed the neon green glow-in-the-dark star stickers on my ceiling. In the darkness, they’re beautiful. They simulate a nighttime sky, although they barely resemble the real thing.

My bed is cold. I hope his is warm.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this was extremely random but it kind of just came to me...it's pretty short but pretty important, no? i had to write it down before I forgot :) and i had no homework today so it was a recipe for inspiration!! <3<3 comment and subs, purdy please!