Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: cookie for a comment? :)

Enchanted to Meet You

Forever

This time, I didn’t need to reach across the mattress to make sure he was there. His arm was tucked securely over my middle, holding me snugly up against him.

My entire body was so warm that my muscles felt like noodles. I couldn’t move, it would be too painful. I would never move ever again.

Seth sighed in his sleep, pulling me even closer to him. If it were possible.

I heard someone come in and walk as quietly as they could to Seth’s side of the bed.

“Seth,” Jacob shook his shoulder.

He groaned, settling his nose into the back of my neck. I smiled slightly.

“Come on, get up.”

I wanted to throw Jacob out the window. Seth didn’t budge, and for that I was grateful.

“It’s Elena. She’s awake.”

Seth’s limp body went rigid, and he slipped his arm away from me. “What?” His voice was groggy from sleep.

“You heard me.” Jake said. “They want you to get over there.”

“But it’s only been -”

“Yeah, I know. I don’t get it either.”

Seth was quiet, thoughtful. “Right now?”

Jacob must have nodded.

Seth leaned over me, kissing the side of my face and leaving me in blizzard-like temperatures. I shivered with the formation of goose bumps.

“You can get up.” Jacob slapped my side a few times. “You were invited too, you know.”

My eyes snapped open, and I flipped over. Jake smirked at me. Seth pulled a shirt over his head and then smiled. “Good morning.”

I smiled back, blushing. “Good morning.”

“I’ll wait in the car.” Jacob left, still smirking.

. . . . . . . .

“Seth, wait.”

He paused, turning back to face me.

I stared at the elegant front door behind him, not knowing exactly what was behind it. I didn’t know what to say, my sudden fear eating my words.

I was forced to shake it off when the door opened itself. It was the little cute one, Alice.

“Hi!” She greeted us cheerfully. “Elena will be so happy to see you.” She clasped her delicate fingers over the door and opened it wider.

Seth smiled at her, as she did back. He was lucky he was on such good terms with the Cullens. Somebody had to be.

I stepped inside and immediately clung to Seth’s arm. There was an eerie chill to the home, but it was probably my imagination.

“She’s waiting in the dining room.” Alice said, leading us in that direction. I couldn’t help but find it ironic she was in the dining room, when the Cullens didn’t dine - well, not in the way we did.

“Is she…um…” Seth felt odd speaking about his friend in vampire terms. “You know, fed?”

Alice nodded, understanding his struggle. “She’s doing very well, actually. Incredibly so. We wouldn’t have asked for you if she wasn’t ready. Carlisle is surprised, too.”

I unintentionally dug my nails into Seth’s arm, but he didn’t feel it.

I found myself searching for her face, not recognizing her next to all of the Cullens. She was sitting next to Rosalie, and she was just as enviously beautiful. They could have been sisters.

Except for those blood red eyes.

I let go of Seth’s arm and he forced a smile.

Elena stood up from her seat with a surprised gasp. I blinked once and she had her arms around his neck.

I was ready to strike myself, at first believing she was attacking him. But Seth awkwardly placed his hands on her back, accepting a hug that was so unnatural to him.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered close to his ear. “I’m so sorry.”

Her eyelids flickered open, and she stared back at me with the eyes of a predator.

I threw open the car door and locked it.

“That was quick.” Jacob said.

I swallowed dryly, holding my breath.

He sat up straight. “What happened?”

I shook my head. “I just - I just couldn’t -” I started to shiver again.

Jacob held my hand. “It’s okay, Val.”

I sighed, broken and shaky. “She terrifies me.”

Jacob laughed at my expense. “That’s good. She’s supposed to.”

I stopped breathing again. “I shouldn’t have left him in there.”

Jake held back a scowl. “The Cullens treat him like their own. If they’ll protect any of us, it’s him. I just can’t take the smell - hey, don’t cry!”

I tried to hold them back, but the tears kept falling. I had been holding them in since this morning. “She ruins everything, and she'll be here forever." I cried, not bothering to wipe my tears away.

Jake pulled my head to his shoulder and petted my hair. “Don’t worry, I have a feeling she won’t be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hm...interesting. comment and subscribe!! it really does mean alot :)