Status: I'll write as fast as I can!

Drop Everything Now

It's funny how you used that time to have me replaced.

Los Angeles concert day. The seventeenth show of the tour. Last night in the studio, Ally, Usher, Demi and I sat down to talk about the album I wanted to record and release at the start of the next year. Demi and Usher went through my notebook and picked out a sixteen songs they thought were good enough.

We left the studio at 12:30AM, and dropped Demi off at her hotel before heading back to ours. I showered and was crawling into my nice and comfortable bed by 1:30.

So here I find myself sitting in one of the chairs set up for the audience, watching Justin busting out a song with Chris Brown.

"Baby I'm yo docta, I could be yo rocker, swaggin' I'm not braggin', but I swear that I could rock ya'. Baby I'm not crazy, I got swag like Patrick Schwayze, y'know them haters never phase me, that's not how my momma raised me." His voice was mesmerizing to me, and made me a whole lot more attracted to him. "I am incredible, this is inedible, killin this track was inevitable, I am hetero, baby you better know Jb is generally just JB look at me." He was doing a little dance move that bought him across the stage. "No, I said look at me, swaggin with the crooked teeth, body slammed the beats from D Beat, call me, call me bookin t!"

Demi Lovato.
- Hey, I have an off day today. Mind if I come hang out and watch your show?

I smiled to myself. I felt like yesterday Demi and I struck up a really lovely friendship when we talked about her health and about my problems with Selena. I could really see myself becoming closer and closer with her over the next couple of weeks. And I intended to help her with her problems.

Harper Everett.
- Of course! I'll come meet you!

While I typed out the message to Demi, I stood up and began my trek down the front, along the stage and into the back-stage area. There were so many people back here, that walking through the hallways was a struggle, but eventually I made it to the back door.

Demi was just getting out of a black car as I wondered out to where the buses were parked. She was pulling her bag and jacket out as I bounded across the bitumen towards her. She squealed when I grabbed her shoulder from behind.

"Hey Demi!"

"Hey!"

We embraced and then I took her hand and led her back to the building. We went back through the mass of people backstage to where my dressing room was so that she could leave her things in there instead of lugging it all around with her. Then we went back to the stage to watch Justin rehearse.

It took almost fifteen minutes for anyone to notice that Demi was now sitting with me. The last one to notice was of course Justin. He stopped and grinned when he spotted her, putting his arm up to wave it at her.

"Demi, hey!"

"Hey Justin, you sound amazing!"

He thanked her, and continued on singing and dancing. I was silent for a moment, taking him in along with his dance moves and his beautiful voice. I was broken out of my trance by Demi waving her hand in front of my face and laughing.

"Boy do you have it bad!" She giggled. I giggled and pushed her lightly. "I'm not kidding Harp, you little love-sick-puppy you!"

"Oh hush!"

"Harper, you've got to do soundcheck in ten, are you ready?" Ally called from where she was standing with Pattie and Scooter by the stage. I nodded and stood up. "Demi, when did you get here?" Demi and I laughed.

"Demi got here a little while ago." I then turned to face Demi and smiled. "If you stay here, I'm sure Justin will be out to annoy you with questions about yesterday. I'm trying to make him extremely curious. Work with me here."

"Alright," Demi laughed, "I'm always up for a challenge."

I left Demi, and went around to the back of the stage to collect my cordless microphone from Scrappy. He wished me luck, and patted my shoulder.

"Can I just sing covers Ally?" I asked when I came out from back-stage. Ally sighed and nodded. "Whoo, thank you!" I turned and went over to DJTayJames, requesting Candles by a band I used to know called Hey Monday and then when my voice was warmed up, I will always love you by Whitney Houston.

"You gonna rock that song Harp!" He winked.

"The powerlines went out," I started, "and I am all alone, but I don't really care at all, not answering my phone! All the games you played, the promises you made, couldn't finish what you started only darkness still remains. Lost sight, couldn't see, when it was you and me." I spun around and skipped across the stage. "blow the candles out! Looks like a solo tonight. I'm beginning to see the light. Blow the candles out ,looks like a solo tonight. But I think I'll be alright!" Demi and Justin were grinning up at me, except Justin's grin looked different. I wasn't sure what it was.

I finished Candles, and went to grab a bottle of water from Ryan Good, who was standing at the back of the stage with Ryan Butler.

"That was beautiful Harper!" They said at the same time. Then jinxed each other. The laughed at each other for jinxing each other at the same time.

"Thanks guys."

Tay started the music for; I will always love you, and suddenly I felt like everyone if the stadium had their eyes on me. I couldn't even hear anything back-stage. I knew this was a huge song, but I knew I could pull it off. I knew it deep down. I could see Justin giving me a look that showed me he knew I could do it, and that help my nerves a lot. I'd never sung this song in front of other people before.

"If I should stay, I would only be in your way." I was nervous, so I cleared my throat and started a fresh on the next line. "So I'll go, but I know, I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way." I stopped for a moment, and sang the next verse softly. "And I will always love you. I will always love you. You, my darling you. Hmm."

By now, Justin was sitting on the edge of his seat, waiting for the big verse everyone knew was coming. Demi patted his arm to calm him down. He nodded and sat back.

"Bitter-sweet memories, that is all I'm taking with me. So, goodbye. Please, don't cry. We both know I'm not what you, you need." Justin was back on the edge of his seat as I cleared my throat to let the biggest verse out.

"And I will always love you, I will always love you!" I could see everyone get to their feet and cheer. I couldn't believe it. I knew I wasn't too bad at it, but by the reaction everyone gave me, apparently I aced it. Before I knew it, Justin was on stage hugging me.

"I knew you could do it baby!" He yelled, "that was amazing!" I didn't realise until that moment, that I was crying. Justin was wiping the tears away with his thumbs. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Way to go Harper!" Ry Good yelled, then let out a loud whistle.

"I got it on camera!" Scooter exclaimed, "I'm putting it on youtube!"

I gave Justin another hug, kissing his chest before breaking away and heading back stage to give my microphone back to Scrappy. Everyone I walked past gave me a praise for my singing. Everyone knew I could sing, but I'd never attempted anything like the Whitney Houston version of that song before.

Demi met us back stage, and together the three of us, plus Ryan Butler went out to my bus. Ryan and Justin chose a movie for us to watch, while Demi and I made ourselves comfortable under my doona on my bed.

"That was amazing Harper," Demi smiled, "you have such a wonderfully beautiful voice." I started violently blushing.

"Thanks Dem." Justin and Ryan finished putting a DVD in my DVD player, and turned around. Ryan started to laugh while Justin looked confused.

"Why are you blushing."

"No reason."

ddlovato: just heard @HarperEverett singing 'I will always love you' by Whitney Houstan. Amazing!

justinbieber: my princess @HarperEverett just did the most amazing version of Whitney Houstan's song i will always love you. #proudboyfriend

AllyScarHarris: To watch a video of @HarperEverett covering Candles by Hey Monday and I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston, go to her YouTube Page.

SiennaroseHarris: @HarperEverett honey that was fantastic!

The four of us settle down to watch the movie Justin and Ryan had chosen. Apparently they wanted to watch a scary movie, so the went through my DVD collection I bought with me on tour, and found the movie 'The Decent.' Ryan was on one end, then Justin, me and last of all Demi.

By the middle of the movie, Ryan was under the blanket, Justin was holding my hand really tight, and Demi was peering over one of my pillows she was clutching over her face.

"Are you saying that you and Sienna watched this and weren't scared?" Ryan exclaimed. I nodded. "What the hell is wrong with you both?!"

"Yeah!" Justin agreed. I rolled my eyes and started laughing.

"Nothing. You guys are just a bunch of pansies."

"Hey!" Demi laughed.

"Even you Dem, look at you hiding behind that pillow." She laughed and picked the pillow up to whack me with it. I squealed and started laughing hard. "Stop it!" I cried. Justin and Ryan seemed to think beating me with pillows was a good form of payback.

So in the end, we had a massive pillow fight and broke the door to my room. I didn't get mad, I laughed it off. However I knew that, that wouldn't be the case when Ally found out about it. She would be absolutely furious and would probably refuse to speak to me for a couple of days until I threatened to fire her if she continued ignoring me. It'd happened before when Justin and I were messing around in my room... Doing stuff.

"Well crap," Justin chuckled.

"Yeah," Ryan agreed.

"Well we have to go do guy stuff now," Justin spoke out, dropping the pillow on my bed. "We'll catch you girls around somewhere." He kissed my cheek and they both rushed out. I shook my head and laughed.

"I told you they were pansies." Demi nodded her head in agreement.

We stayed in my bus for a couple more hours. We even baked and decorated cup cakes from scratch. Proud of ourselves, we took them into the venue to share around. The first person we encountered was Ryan Good. He took four because he is a fat-ass. We then came across Pattie, Carin and Scooter. They each took one. Ally took one. Kenny took two. Dan Kanter and Scrappy took one each and Justin and Ryan took two each.

"I guess we don't get any Dem..." I mumbled after Justin and Ryan scoffed down their second cupcakes. Justin stopped and whacked Ryan. He gulped down the rest of it, and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Babe, I didn't know!" He exclaimed. "You should have said you hadn't had one yet!" Demi and I started laughing.

"We ate like, half the batter," Demi giggled. Justin's face went blank.

"Oh."

"Yeah, I feel so gross now." Justin smiled and squished my face up with one of his hands. I swatted him away and smacked his arm. "Don't be weird."

"You got be-"

"Shut up Ryan," Justin mumbled. Ryan went quiet and we all stood silently in the middle of the corridor. "Are you staying for the show Demi?" Justin asked after a moment of silence. Demi nodded. "Well, do you want to sing with me?" He asked. Demi grinned.

"Oh, I'd love too!"

"Well good. Do you have show clothes? Or do you just want to go on in those clothes?" He nodded at her clothes. "I mean, they aren't bad looking, so you can go in those..." He trailed off.

"I can wear this," Demi nodded, "it's new and looks nice. What song do you want me to sing? Just so I can go and learn it."

"Uh, Overboard?" He asked, "do you know it?" Demi nodded.

"Oh, yeah! I love that song!"

"Well good."

While they set about rehearsing Overboard together, Ryan and I went to catering for something to eat. Mama Jan had helped make it, so we both knew it'd be good. Ryan lead the way, he held open doors for me, and laughed when I tripped over a cord.

"You are such an ass," I laughed, smacking his shoulder.

We went silent when we reached the catering table, each of us too busy loading our plates with food and grabbing a can of soda. We were a bit noisier when were sitting down. Not talking, eating and drinking.

"You too look like you have enough food on your plates for a couple of years," Pattie told us when she walked in and found us stuffing our faces.

"Yeah, it's so good," Ryan replied with a mouthful of food. Pattie tsk'd at him for talking with his mouth full. He quickly swallowed. "Sorry Pattie, but it tastes so good." I nodded in agreement, picking up a slice of pizza and biting the end of it.

"Where is Justin and Demi?" She asked, picking up a small piece of pizza.

"Justin asked her to sing Overboard with him tonight," I explained to her, "so they're in Justin's dressing room rehearsing. I don't think Dem knows the whole song properly yet." Pattie nodded.

"Understandable, she's a very talented singer."

"Yup."

"Just like you sweetheart," she grinned, "that is a very vocally challenging song and you nailed it! Well done! I was talking to Mama Jan while you were beginning, and she was nervous for a moment, but as soon as you started that second chorus, she had the proudest smile on her face." I started blushing. I couldn't help it.

"Really?"

"Of course! You were brilliant!"

"Thank you Pattie, that means so much."

"Any time!" It was then that I realised that Ryan was staring at me.

"What are you staring at?"

"You," he replied, "your a suck-up."

"I am not!" I laughed, punching his arm. Pattie laughed and grabbed another small slice of pizza. Ryan and I were still arguing as she left the room laughing.

Selena Gomez.
- Hey Harper, I'm in LA. Mind if I come and watch you and Justin tonight?

"Ryan, look at this," I handed him my phone and he inhaled sharply. "What the heck does she think she's playing at? And who does she think she's fooling?"

"Well she seriously needs a head check."

"Should I reply?" He typed in a reply and handed the phone back.

Harper Everett.
- I don't think that would be wise. Justin and Harper are happy and they have their friends and family with them. Please do not come, and please do not contact Harper or Justin again. - Ally.

"Ally won't find out right?" I asked.

"You could change it to Ryan instead?"

"Alright. I don't think that would be wise, yadda, yadda, yadda, do not contact Harper or Justin again. -Ryan. That should work right?" Ryan nodded.

"Yeah." I clicked send and put my phone back into my pocket. "Let's go see how Justin and Demi are doing," he suggested. "Should we take them some food?" I nodded and got up to go over to the table. Ryan made Demi's plate up, while I made Justin's.

Justin got two pieces of chicken, two slices of pizza, some potato salad, a bit of watermelon and a cup of green jelly. I set another cup of green jelly on his plate for me, and waited for Ryan to finish making Demi's.

.o0o.


"Thank you having me LA, I'll see you next time!" I called across the stadium. I started heading towards the exit as Justin appeared, grinning. I gave him a look, showing him that I knew he was up to something. "Or not, it appears Justin is here..."

The crowd went insane. I even saw a couple of security guards wrestling back stray girls who had somehow gotten up and over the barrier, and were trying their absolute hardest to do so. Justin swaggered over to me and put an arm around my waist.

"Hey," he grinned.

"Hey," I hesitated.

"I just came out to sing a little song with you," he grinned. I could see that there was something he wasn't telling me. He had a very suspicious look on his face. I frowned at him, and he grinned wider. "How about we sing a cover of Can I have this dance?"

"... Sure." The lights went low, and the music started and I began to sing. "Take my hand, take a breath, pull me close and take one step. Keep your eyes locked on mine, and let the music be your guide."

Justin came closer and put his hand on my hip while we sang perfectly together.

"Won't you promise me," Justin sang while I started singing; "-now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget-" "-We'll keep dancing-" I smiled at him and then opened my mouth. "-To keep dancing-" Justin kissed my temple and let go of my hip to go over to the edge of the stage. "-Wherever we go next!" We both sang before going into the chorus.

"It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you, " We both gestured at the other. "It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do." He grabbed my hand and spun me around. "And with every step together, we just keep on getting better," we sang.

"So can I have this dance?" Justin sang while I echoed.

"Can I have this dance?" And then we both harmonised.

"Can I have this dance?"

"Take my hand, I take the lead," Justin sang, holding his hand out for me. I grabbed it and grinned as he stalked around me. "And every turn, will be safe with me. Don't be afraid, afraid to fall. You know I'll catch you through it all." I was beaming happily at him. "And you can't keep us apart!" "-Even in a 1,000 miles can't keep us apart-" "Cause my heart is wherever you are!" "-Cause my heart is wherever you are-"

"Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide," we sang happily together, dancing around across the stage. "Cause together or not, our dance won't stop. Let it rain, let it pour, what we have is worth fighting for, you know I believe, that we were meant to be!" The chorus sent us into oblivion. I was so in the moment, I didn't even remember the crowd was still there.

"It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you!" "-Like you-" "It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do!" "-Way we do-" "And with every step together, we just keep on getting better, so can I have this dance?" "-Can I have this dance?-"

"Can I have this dance?"

"Can I have this dance?"

"Can I have this dance...?"

The crowd went insane, and went even crazier when Justin embraced me, and gave me a small peck on the lips and a cheeky pat on the bottom. We waved out at the crowd and began walking backstage so the stage hands could get the stage ready for Justin's set. We got just beyond audience view when Justin stopped me, looking very blank.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I finally asked. "Why on Earth did you come out and sing with me?" I glared at him, waiting for him to answer.

"Uh..."

"What are you hiding?"

"While you were on stage..."

"Yes?"

"Selena showed up and is sitting with mom and Carin..." My eyes bulged out. "I knew you'd be upset. I told Scooter to ask her to leave but he said he didn't want to make her angry."

"Who gives a fuck if she's angry?!" I exclaimed. Justin rolled his eyes and put his hand on my shoulder. He knew straight away I was beyond angry, because I only swore when I was furious. "I told her that she wasn't welcome here when she asked me this morning!" I fumed, shrugging away his hand and stalking off.

I found Demi sitting on a box in the hallway looking annoyed. I grabbed her arm on the way past and made her follow along on my way to where everyone watched the show. Justin was ambling along behind us, knowing he couldn't stop me.

"We going to yell at Selena?" Demi asked.

"Yup."

"Okay."

We ran up a small staircase to a small landing that over-looked the stage from the side. I found a fair few people there. Ryan and Ry Good stood up straight as soon as I marched in through the door, scanning the room for Selena. Ally's attention snapped towards me as soon as she heard the door and she lightly touched Scooters arm to point me out. Both of them stood up. I came to a complete stop right in front of her, and she smiled up.

"Oh hey Harp," she grinned and noticed Demi. "Hey Demi, what's going on? Great set by the way!"

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled.

"Harper..." Ally warned. I looked at her and shook my head.

"Did you not get the hint when neither of us talked to you at the ball in Everett?" I yelled. "What about all those times we left you out of tweets? And how about that time this morning when Ryan texted you from my phone and told you that you weren't welcome here?" She gulped.

"Oh," she said softly, "I thought we were over this childishness." I started fuming, and someone grabbed my wrists tightly.

"Over this childishness Selena?" I asked, eerily calm. "I will not get over the fact that you told the whole entire world that I stole your boyfriend when I didn't. And I don't appreciate you being here."

"Please don't lie Harper," she laughed.

"Excuse me?"

"You're lying," she repeated. I was so confused.

"What in the world could I possibly be lying about Selena?" I yelled. "I'm so sick of you being here, I'm sick of you lying." Selena turned to the person holding me back.

"Justin, hey!"

"Don't talk to Justin. Get out Selena. You aren't welcome here." Selena glanced around the room at everyone else, and so did I. They were all silently watching us. All except for Pattie. She was pointedly staring over the banister at the stage. "Pattie? Are you okay?" I asked, going to her side. She looked up and smiled.

"I'm okay sweetheart," she sighed, "I don't like fighting is all." I nodded and turned back to Selena.

"You being here is making me distress Pattie," I told her, "so I say this again, and this time I am completely serious. Get. Out." She laughed and shook her head.

"No thank you, I want to watch Justin." I looked at her for a moment. Ready to run at her, and push her over the banister to her bloody death. Then I looked at everyone in the room, who apparently expected me to do just that. Then lastly, I looked at Justin.

"I guess she can stay?" He muttered. I elbowed him in the ribs and stalked out. Demi followed after me, telling Justin she didn't think it would be right of her to sing with someone who just hurt her best-friend. As we left the room, I got the satisfaction of seeing a very hurt look cross Selena's face.

Demi and I ended up going back to my bus, packing a small bag full of my clothes, and catching a cab to her hotel. We decided we were going to watch movies all night, talk and eat way too much junk food.

Pattie Mallette.
- Sweetheart, please don't be angry with Justin.

I sighed. I couldn't ignore Pattie, nor could I be rude to her in any way, shape or form. She was the mother figure for me, and I needed her.

Harper Everett.
- I'm sorry for disappointing you Pattie. I just need some space from him right now. He needs to stick up for me. Please understand. <3

Justin Bieber.
- Baby, come back.

Alaska Harris.
- harper zaidee everett! where are you?

Sienna Harris.
- Hey love, Alaska called and she's just beside herself with worry! please call her!

Harper Everett.
- No.

Harper Everett.
- No.

Harper Everett.
- No.

"So what do you wanna do?" Demi asked, plopping down on her bed beside me. I was silent for a moment, mulling over my options for a moment. "Harp?" I started grinning. "What?"

"I-" I sighed, my face falling while the tears filled up my eyes. "I don't know!" I put my face in my hands and started weeping. Demi immediately sat up and started pulling me up beside her. "What am I supposed to do Dem? She just waltzed in and decided to tell the whole world that I had stolen her boyfriend. I wouldn't do that to anyone!"

"Justin should have stood up for you Harper," she whispered, "I'm really sorry for what you're feeling right now."

I didn't stay awake for very long, instead I feel asleep thinking about my future options involving Justin, the tour, Selena, Demi. I came to a lot of conclusions. Some made me happy, and some made me sad. I knew however that I needed to make a huge change in my life. And the next day, I was going to make it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Harper's daily outfit and Harper's concert outfits.

Title credit goes to;
That Should Be Me - Justin Bieber.