Homecoming

A Taste For Suicidal

Serena come home. "Hey chica. So, what's up? Anything you want to give me?" She waggled her brows.
"Mhm." I pulled a small box out of my pocket. "Happy birthday."
She took it and unwrapped. "OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU!" She yelled.
It was a pretty diamond necklace she saw in a store the other day. "You're welcome."
She put it on and sat next to me. "Wow. This is the most I've heard from you in three weeks."
Yep. Three weeks ago, I left my life in Oakland. I changed my cell phone number, refusing to have contact with my mom or the boys. She was right. I maybe said a total of five words since I arrived. Serena convinced me to stay because the appartment was roomy and pretty cheap. I hadn't left the place since she dragged me out shopping the other day. Then yesterday, I went back to get the bracelt. I quit my job and found a new one. They'd be able to find me if I stayed at the coffee shop.
"Am I getting you out of your depression?"
I shook my head. "No, but it's your birthday. You deserve better than a silent bum on your couch."
She laughed. "I get it. It's not like I mind. I just want you to be happy."
"I'm not and I won't be. At least for a while. Now go have fun. Dan's a great guy. He makes you happy. Don't stand him up on your birthday. That doesn't make sense."
"I really do love you, Jade. You're my sister. Don't do anything drastic while I'm gone. Promise me?"
"Yep."
Serena ran to get changed and came back out. "Help me get my bags out of my car real fast? I'm already late."
I followed her out to her car and helped her carry bags in.
"Thanks. Bye!"
I hopped up on the kitchen counter. I was finally alone for a few hours. Tears spilled over. All I did was cry and sit around all day. I didn't listen to Green Day anymore. I fished my iPod out of my pocket and looked through the songs.
"Sweet torture," I whispered as I played Poprocks and Coke.
I glanced over next to me. There was knives. I rested my hand on the handle of one.
No. I was insane, anerexic and tortured myself with their music on purpose, but I wasn't going to resort to that. Then again, physical pain replaces the emotional pain. I pulled the knife out and ran my thumb along the blade.
The song ended and Homecoming started. I held the knife and just sat there. Finally, I brought it to my arm, tho one without the tattoo, and set it against my skin.
"Jade died today, she blew her brains out into the by," I uttered. "In the state of mind, it's my own private suicide."
I was about to do it when there was a knock at the door. I froze. Another knock.
"I know you're in there, Jade."
There was no way. It was now or never.
"Jade, please. I hear the music. I know you're there."
"Go away," I yelled.
"No. And I'm serious. I'll kick this door down now. Get out."
"JADE'S DEAD," I screamed.
I pressed the knife into my skin. The bite of the blade made the music fade along with my other senses. I was lightheaded. I swayed until I fell to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Billie: Isn't that something drastic, like Serena said not to do?
Me: What are you a cop?
Billie: o.O