Homecoming

Strung Out On Confusion

I thought I'd drive off the road on the way to the hospital. I ran to the front desk and asked for Billie. She said he was being taken care of at The moment. I begged, but she told me to sit in the waiting room. It would be a couple hours. Meanwhile, I dialed my phone.
"Hey, Jade."
"Tre, Billie's in the hospital. I'm here. Tell Mike and come."
"Wait, why?"
"Someone tried to kill him."
"I'm on my way."
They both arrived ten minutes later. They sat on either side of me. I rested my head on Tre's shoulder. Mike was rubbing my back. Two hours later, a doctor stood before us. I squeezed Tre's hand as he gave us the news.
"The injuries are on his right arm, right leg, and stomach. The attacker stepped on his ribs, breaking the top left three and one in the middle right. There's several cuts and bruises on his face and chest. He should be alright."
I breathed out a sigh of relief. Tre hugged me.
"Can we see him," I asked.
"We're only accepting family members right now and his mother and sister are there."
"What," I shrieked, standing up.
"I'm his girlfriend! And those are his best friends! Don't you even know who they are!?"
"Uh, Jade, you're gonna draw attention....You are actually," Mike said.
"Oh. Sorry. But that's not fair!"
The doctor sighed. "All right. Follow me."
We went down the hall to Billie's room. The sight was terrible. I completely broke down again. Tre hugged me to his chest. Then there was the fact that Ollie Armstrong was in the same room. I never imagined meeting her like this.
She squeezed my shoulder. "He'll be okay," she said softly, through her own tears. "This isn't really how I hoped meeting you."
I smiled. "Me either. I'm Jade."
"I'm Ollie. This is Billie's sister Anna," she said, gesturing to a woman standing by Billie.
"Hi, it's nice to meet you," She said in a strained voice.
"You too."
The rest of the day, I stayed with Billie. Tre stayed with me, but Mike had to leave and get back to his kids. Around six, the door opened and in walked Adrienne Nesser with Joey and Jakob.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enter Adie! That was coming. I mean, you can't not have Adrienne in a story. Well you can, but....Whatever! Comment!