Homecoming

We're Coming Home Again

"I'm tired," I groaned, as Billie tried to pull me out of bed.
"Too bad. Get up." He pulled me into a sitting position. I collapsed onto him. "That wasn't supposed to happen."
"Please, just let me sleep. It's Saturday."
"I know, but we're going to the studio and I want you to come."
I groaned dramatically. "Fine."
At the studio, Mike was there, strumming on his bass. He greeted us and went back to playing. The door opened and in walked Tre.
"Sorry I'm fashionably late." He hugged me. "What's up?"
"Nothing," I said with a smile.
Tre honestly looked cute today. He had his hair down and glasses on.
"So, how you feeling on your first day back," Mike asked.
"Incredible. But I have writers block."
I snickered. He gave me a look between a glare and a smile.
"My mom hasn't come, has she?"
Mike shook his head. They had no evidence she did it. We all knew she did, though. And speak of the devil...
"Hello, boys. Hi Jade. Are you feeling better Billie?"
We were all quiet, but Billie nodded. I sat on the couch with Billie. Mom started talking about their songs and stuff, acting like everything was rainbows. Damn, she was good at pretending. Around one, we left. Billie held my hand in the car.
"She acted so....innocent," He said quietly.
I nodded. "Mhm. She's acting normal so you don't get suspicious as to why she's missing work. I'm just scared that...." I trailed off.
"Scared that what?"
"That she's not done."
The car ride was silent. The whole day was silent actually. After I said that, we said nothing until it came dinner time and Adrienne dropped Joey and Jakob off. I ordered a pizza. I snuggled with Billie on the couch while watching the boys play video games.
"Have you heard anything from Shannon," Joey asked.
"She came to the studio today," I told them.
They looked surprised. "Oh," Jake said, "So did she do it?"
I shrugged. "Probably. There's no proof, an unfortunately, I get it, so they can't do anything."
"She's psycho. I thought she was really nice, but guess some people turn out to be ax murderers...er...knife murderers," Joey said.
That got all of us to laugh.
"You're kind of failing at the game," I pointed out.
"Damn," Joey said, going back to playing Halo.
By eight, we were all watching a movie and eating pizza. I felt safe. My mom wasn't stupid enough to break in with The boys and me here. I knew her too well. Around eleven, to boys went to bed and Billie and I went to our room. I fell asleep in Billie's arms quickly. Then, as soon as I'd fallen asleep, I'd woke up. I was freezing. And hungry.
I headed to the kitchen to get a snack and some time to myself to think. I was at the table when an hand covered my mouth.
"Don't say one word."
She pulled me up. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see she had a gun. I was screwed.
"Wake up the boys and get them out of the house," she whispered urgently.
I went down the hall and into the room the boys shared. I shook Joey's shoulder and then Jake's. Both saw my scared expression and tear streaked face. I went to Joey, knowing this was the only time to make my move.
"She has a gun. Get you and your brother the hell out of here. Your dad's still upstairs. I'm gonna do my best," I whispered in his ear.
"I wanna help. It's my dad."
"Get out," I pleaded.
"No," Jakob said.
"Please just get out and I promise I'll do what I can." They stood there. "Get the fuck out," I hissed.
Finally they listened. I let them out the front door. Where was my mom? Oh, in the kitchen still. She had the gun pointed to me.
"Leave," she growled.
I ran as fast as I could up the stairs. "Billie! Billie! Help!" I collided with him at the top of the stairs. "I got the boys out, let's go."
A shot was fired.
"It doesn't matter which one of you I hit," she yelled.
Billie grabbed my hand and tugged me into the bedroom. He opened the window and kicked out the screen. "You first."
The door was flung open. More shots were fired. I darted to the window, but a scraping pain ran across my shoulder. I fell on my hands and knees. Struggle was happening behind me. I turned to see Billie with his hands around my mom's neck. The gun was on the floor at her feet. I sprinted to it and picked it up.
Mom kicked Billie's feet out from under him. Now, I was pinned against the wall with a gun to my head. I saw two more shapes enter the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
High climax point! :D Comments are cooleo to me!