Homecoming

Send My Love A Letterbomb

Billie kissed my hand. He rested it on his thigh, palm up, and traced the lines with his index finger. I was totally focused on his hair. I don't know why, to tell you the truth. I just played with it for an hour as we sat there silently.
I yawned.
"Go to bed," he murmured.
"Stay with me."
He nodded.
We were laying on the couch facing each other.
"I missed you," I admited to him and myself for the first time.
He wrapped his arms around me. "I missed you too."
"How's that song coming?"
"Good. Almost finished."
I snuggled closer to him and shut my eyes. I was asleep in no time. In the morning, I woke to a burning on my arm. I groaned and rolled over, falling off the couch like I do a lot. I yelped. I smacked my arm against the coffee table.
"Ow," I whined.
"That wasn't smart," Serena said.
Billie just chuckled. "You deserve that, ya know."
"How?"
"Scared me yesterday."
"Yeah," Serena seonded. "And I come home last night and he's in our house! The guy you said made you all depressed and shit. You'd never be happy again! Blah fucking blah."
Billie laughed.
"What?"
"Yes, she's an American Idiot fan. She's a theater junkie in general," I explained.
"Oh," Serena said, understanding.
"But did she really say that."
Serena raised both of her hands. "I swear to God. She was all emo. And dramatic. He made me happy, what was I thinking? I knew it was too good to be true! I'll never be whole again!" She did a really bad impression of me. "You're happy now!"
"I dunno." I got off the floor and went to sit on the kitchen counter like yesterday. I eyes the knives and picked them up, moving them across the kitchen and sitting back.
Billie got a kick out of that. "No you're scared of them?"
"A little."
"Did you expect it not to hurt," Serena asked.
"It didn't hurt Well, it did. Not nearly as bad as the other pain, though."
"There's a perfect example."
I rolled my eyes and Billie stood in front of me. He placed both hands on my face and kissed me. I shuddered.
"I miss that," I sighed. I became alert suddenly. "I just said that out loud."
Billie nodded with a smug smile. Serena was saying that it was cute.
"Okay, well I'm going to work. If you have sex, do it on the couch, and wash it. My appartment too."
I threw a towel at her but missed by several feet. When she was gone, Billie kissed me again. We leaned our foreheads together. I knew we had to talk more. Were we officially together again? Did I know what I was doing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=A big hug from Billie!
Billie: I never agreed to this.....