Homecoming

May I Waste Your Time Too?

A day by ourselves. No school. No studio. No Jakob and Joey. It was nice to wake up at eleven. Billie was, of course, still sleeping. Hm...what to do? I crawled on top of him, straddling him and put my hands on his chest.
"Billie?"
Nothing. I expected that. I tugged on his shirt. Nothing. I kissed his neck and he suddenly woke. That would work. He opened his eyes and pushed me off, pinning me down. I giggled. He pressed his lips to mine.
"What are we doing today," he asked in a thick and drowsy voice.
"Whatever you decide."
Billie pulled me into his arms and stood up. He carried me to the couch and set me in his lap.
"That was pointless."
"Not entirely." He kissed my nose. "I'll make breakfast."
He made us eggs, bacon and hash browns. I never really thought he'd be a good cook. But then again, it was just breakfast.
"The boys are coming over tomorrow," he said as we ate.
"Cool. But let's focus on today," I said with a smirk.
"Sounds good. So, what's the plan? Shopping? Stay here?"
"It doesn't matter to me."
"I say we stay here."
"Good, I'm exhausted anyways."
"Aw," he whined, "That takes the fun out of my plans!"
I giggled. Wow, I did that a lot. "And what exactly were those plans?"
"Oh, you know."
I grinned.
We were quiet for a few minutes. A loud crash made us alert.
"What the hell?"
Billie looked around. Tre came down the hall. Damn him once again.
"Tre! I'm not going to the studio today!"
"Oh. Shannon said you said we're working today."
"Why would she say that?"
I stood up. They watched me walk angrily over to the sink and take care of my plate. "She knows I'm here, I bet. She doesn't want me to be with you. You know I would have grown up on Green Day if she didn't say it was too mature for my age! I'd always joke about marrying you and she'd say that she wouldn't let me marry, let alone date a guy like any of you. She's trying to keep you busy."
"Don't you think you're just being sort of paranoid," Billie asked.
I shook my head. "I know I'm right."
"Come on. Yeah, there's some bad stuff between both of you, but that's kinda crazy, ya know?"
"It's not crazy. Do you even see the way she looked at me when I went to the studio? And then when you put your arm around me? You have a lot of nerve to do that around her. It's pretty cool."
"You're getting off topic. I'm gonna go call her."
Billie went upstairs to get his phone and call mom. Tre hugged me.
"What's this for?"
"You look like you need a hug." He smiled his psycho, adorable smile.
Tre messed with my hair. I had total bedhead. He twirled it. I noticed him move a little closer.
"You look cute with your messy hair."
"Yeah, totally," I said sarcastically.
"You do. Seriously. Uh, I was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat later?"
I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but I was staying with Billie. He hardly spent time together in the three days we had started talking again. Okay, I'm dramatic, but still.
"I'm sorry, Tre. It's just-"
"You haven't seen Billie in a while." He smiled. "I get it. I actually believe you about your mom. I mean, it makes sense, taking what happened in account."
I nodded. "Yeah. That's exactly why she's doing it."
"Jade," Billie called, walking down the hall. "Your mom is coming to get you in a few hours. You're having lunch with her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best thing Billie could have gotten her into.....