Status: Working On.

The Demon in Me

Chapter Two - Mixing and Matching? Say What?!

“Adams, Jamie.” Inky was already falling asleep again and the new Transfiguration teacher Minnie McGonagall had only just started calling names. “Hufflepuff!” The hat yelled and Inky, along with the rest of the Marauders all clapped politely as the young boy bolted for the yellow and black table. “Can’t this go any faster James moaned, leaning his head on Remus’ shoulder, who too was already nodding off. “Bates, Hanna.” And the whole group groaned.

“I guess it could be worse…” Inky blinked slowly her head slipping off her hand as she leaned on it. Sirius and Shika looked across the table at her, eyes unfocused at they flitted around the hall. “How in Merlin’s name could this be worse?” Shika groaned as his blue eyes slipped closed. Inky just shrugged and said with a yawn. “It could be Slughorn doing it…” The whole table moaned.

By the end of the sorting and dinner Gryffindor had somehow gained nine first years, the most they had ever gained in years, and the Marauders actually had to slid father up the table as the head master got to his feet. “Good evening all.” Professor Albus Dumbledore was an imposing figure; already his once golden hair was white and reached almost as far as his belt. And behind tiny half moon spectacles his bright forget-me-not blue eyes sparkled when they landed on the six Marauders. “I would like to merely lay down a few tiny rules for the coming year. “ He paused and looked at the first years who were looking scared.

“Firstly the Forbidden Forest is named so for a reason, which means, my dear Miss Scarlett, that means you too, shouldn’t be running around in it.” Inky half stood up, bowing to the head master who bowed back and continued. “And our caretaker Mister Flitch has asked me to remind you that the corridors are not a place to set off any spells, or wet start fireworks.” There was another smile in the direction of the Gryffindor table. “Now I do believe that is all, so please have a good evening.” It seemed that the whole room stood up as one at this point apart from the Marauders who waited until most had left before moving out.

“So what do you guys think this year is going to be like?” Inky asked as she skipped backwards in front of the guys as they all meandered along the now empty corridor towards Griffyndor tower. “Erm...” James said slowly as he looked at the other boys round him who all shrugged. “Year-ish?”

Inky rolled her eyes and turned back around as they neared the portrait of the Fat Lady. “Hello my dear!” Inky called as the boys all stopped and then suddenly realized they didn’t have the password. “Hallo Inkany my dear! How are you this year? You’re looking radiant!” Inky waved of the compliment by adding one of your own. “Me? What about you! Have you done something new with your hair? It is looking absolutely stunning!”

The Fat Lady giggled and looked over Inky’s shoulder at the boys. “Still entertaining these men Inkany?” Inky just smiled and shrugged before turning around, looking each one in the eye before saying. “Someone has to keep my bed warm at night darling...I just happen to enjoy mixing and matching.” Sirius’ jaw went slack and James blinked rapidly for a few seconds. Inky thought Remus didn’t actually notice, then she saw his hands shaking. Pete squeaked and nearly fell over if it hadn’t been for Shika who had just smiled a 100w smile in the Fat Lady’s direction.

The Fat Lady was beside herself with laughter, she in fact continued to laugh so hard that she swung open, revealing the Griffyndor common room to the Marauders. “Keep them on a tight leash Inkany Dear.” And with that all six of them climbed through the portrait hole into the warm bubble that was the common room.

“Mixing and matching!” Sirius had actually gone red in the face as he paced in front of the fire place. They were all spread about the couches in front of the fire, most haphazardly, but comfortably.

Inky just smiled at her friend was continued to mutter under his breath. “She just loves a good gossip, and if I hadn’t done it we would have been stuck out here for hours.”

Sirius paced harder, than stopped right in front of Inky’s chair with an evil glint in his eye. “Well then...if you do like to ‘mix and match’,” He whispered grabbing her wrist and yanking her swiftly to her feet so that he could wrap his arms around her and whisper in her ear. “Who is going to be first this year?” Inky knew he was trying to be sensual and tease her at the same time, but she thought she would play for a while.

Over Sirius’ shoulder she winked at the rest of the boys who all smirked back at her. “Well,” Leaning back in his arms Inky looked up into Sirius’ eyes, his silver eyes alight with something that Inky didn’t recognize. “You know if you’re that...desperate, you can go first. I mean…” She paused and bit her lip slowly, like she had seen other girls do a million times to their boys, and then raised her arms and placed her hands on his shoulders, where she began trailing one long finger along the side of his neck. “You’re my favourite.”

Sirius shivered at her touch.

Inkany froze before trying to cover up that Sirius had enjoyed her teasing, and suddenly very aware of how close they were standing Inky dropped her hands and started tickling him; laughing manically when Sirius screamed like a girl. It wasn’t long before the rest of them joined in and that was where Minnie McGonagall found them a dog pile in the centre of the common room at four o’clock in the morning.

“What are you doing?!” Minnie McGonagall shrieked, her eyes wide as she took in the tangle of limbs and boys who had somehow managed to pin Inky to the floor and were taking it in turns to tickle her. “Erm....” Remus said, suddenly standing up and straightening his shirt. “Have you never seen an or...” But Sirius was quickly shut up but five hands all slapping him in the face. “Honestly, nothing Miss,” James smiled charmingly at the transfiguration teacher. “We just didn’t realize what time it was. We’ll go to bed now.” The stern teacher nodding slowly, waiting until all six of them had gotten to their feet and straighten themselves up before nodding once more and leaving them to get to bed.

Inky pulled a face almost as soon as the portrait swung shut behind the trailing end of Minnie’s tartan dressing gown. “Black!” She yelped, grabbing him by the collar and dragging him to the floor again. “What in Merlin’s name were you thinking? You don’t just go around saying that we in the middle of an ORGY to teachers!” Sirius just laughed at Inky’s distress as he got to his feet, Inky still wrapped around him her hands in his hair as she tried to get the long silky tresses an knotted as possible.

“Well you heard her chaps!” James said slowly as he continued to watch Inky and Sirius wrestle across the common room floor. Inky had her legs wrapped around James’ best friend and her hands deep in his hair as he complained loudly that she was ripping it out. The sight, as interesting as it was, just confirmed the groups most obvious suspicions.

Shaking his head he got to his feet and dusted off his jeans before calling it quits of the wrestling match. “Come on you two, stop giving into the sexual tension and get your asses into bed.” It was more the position that they stood up in that made James, Shika and Remus double over in laughter, clutching their stomachs as they tried not to cry. “Inky you have to get-t o-off hi-mm first!” James tried to mumble between giggles, but even Shika couldn’t speak for the two of them looked a pretty picture indeed. Inky was still attached to Sirius, one leg though over his right shoulder the over round his chest, her hands still up to the wrists in thick black hair. “Oh,” She paused and looked down at Sirius, “Yeah...right.” With a swift tug she wrenched her hands from Sirius head and back flipped off his body, landing neatly at the foot of the stairs. “Bed anyone?”

As slowly as she could, Inky padded down the girl stair case towards the common room; her shoes in one hand and her wand in the other. Thankfully the common room was deserted, which anyone would honestly expect at quarter to five in the morning, but she had a reason, an errand. One that meant secrecy was the highest priority.

At the bottom of the stairs Inky lent down to pull her old battered converse on before swinging her long black hair up into a bun, her coal black eyes looking at something further then the common room walls. She was looking for her prize. A quick glance back over her shoulder at the twin stair cases Inky paused for but a moment before pushing open the portrait and disappearing into the night.

Sirius groaned as he rolled out of bed, his back clicking in strange places as he moved to stand and stretch. “Morning…” Sirius grunted as he grabbed his towel and made his way over to the bathroom, ignoring the moaning, deterred sounds of everyone else in the dorm room behind him.

Stripping, Sirius flicked one the hot water to warm as he grabbed his hair brush and proceeded to try and brush out some of the knots that had built up in his hair over night, never mind the ones Inky had put there. Sirius smirked, as he climbed into the scalding water, remembering the feeling of her arms around him and the one fingers sliding up and down the flesh of his neck. He had been in heaven last night, but just the thought of it made other ideas come to mind...images that were almost too weird for someone you had practically grown up with. He purred anyway.

“Good morning Gryffindor seventh years!” Sirius yelped as he realized that the girl he had been fantasizing about had burst into the boy’s door and was busy turning people out of bed. “Ink!” A voice yelped somewhere in the room beyond. ‘There went James.’ Sirius said mentally as he rushed to shampoo and condition his hair before Inky started turning out the showers. “Ahh!” Another scream echoed through the open doorway, warning Sirius to move his ass. ‘That had to be Pete; hurry up!’ Sirius flicked suds out of his eyes, he was losing, and she was coming. “Don’t you dare Inkany Scarlett.”

The world stopped. The sounds of manic laughter and groaning boys all ceased to flow through the open bathroom door, and even Sirius froze, waiting with bated breath for the sounds of retreat. It had been Shika that had stopped her, the low, commanding, chocolate covered voice that had stopped Inky in her tracks. ‘Thank god for Shika.’ Sirius sighed as he continued to listen. They were safe.

Or so they thought. “Time to get up Shiki!” And with a resounding thump Sirius knew he was toast. “No, no! No Inky Please I beg you!” ‘Thump’ Sirius flicked off the water, grabbed his towel, and wrapped it around him, just in time. “Snuffles! Get your ass out of...” She stopped her eyes suddenly wide as she took in the scene before her. Which Sirius realized might not have been the most elegant.

He was dripping, he could feel it running down the contours of his stomach, and his hair was mostly in his eyes which was irritating him because he couldn’t see shit. Plus his towel was beginning to slip farther and farther down his hips which was probably revealing that long thin line of black hair that ran down his navel. “Let me get dressed?” Sirius asked slowly, grabbing his towel and making sure that its final attempt at a bid for freedom was spoiled.

Inky’s eyes snapped back up to his, her black eyes flashing weirdly in the light before she smiled and nodded. “Glad to see somebody other then Remus is up for once!” And swiftly turning on her heal she left the bathroom finally letting him breath a free breath.

“Go down and wait for us Inky.” James was muttering, “We’ll catch you up.” It was as Sirius emerged from the bathroom that he realized why he truly was terrified of that girl. “What in Merlin’s name?” Sirius swore as he looked around the room. “She did all this?” The mattresses had been over turned either flinging the boys free or right over top of them. James was flat in his back, black pants and one sock on, shirt open and undone, tie and shoes, missing in action. Remus was the only one who it seemed had escaped the rampage, his bed was intact and he was sitting on his trunk, a thick book pressed to his nose. Pete on the other hand was fighting a losing battle against his mattress. The only part of him Sirius could see was his hand, flung outwards for freedom as he continued to battle against his bed sheets and the hefty mattress. Shika, thankfully, was calmly pulling his black pants on his shirt too hanging open as he buttoned himself into his non-uniform black jeans instead of the black dress pants. But behind him the large mattress was lying upside down and the evidence of escape of prominent.

“I hate wake up calls.” Sirius muttered and moved to his own trunk, determined he would ring the girl’s scrawny little neck or invest in a lock, whichever seemed easiest at the time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Two!! Yes!

Nixxy