Gushing Blood

River of Blood

A large cul-de-sac is where this story takes place. A perfect street, every garden with perfectly cut front gardens. A busy little neighbourhood where everybody knows everybody, quite a friendly place, typical suburbia, the family at 9 Bedrow Street have 2 children, a boy of 8 and a girl of 10, Luke and Dawn, their parents, Philip and Sandra have been married for 15 years, Philip, is a Dentist at a nearby private dentist, Sandra is a housewife. The family at number 11, are nearly as perfect, single mother Stephanie, looks after her 13 year old son Zachary with the help of her parents. And at number 13 Bedrow Street, a tall, 4 story house, made from a dark grey wood, lives abandoned. Nobody to call it home. The front grass is tall and light brown, a large oak tree to the left side of the garden, is leaf-less, it's long thin branches hold nothing but rope which attaches an old tyre swing to it. Paving slabs are dotted in a zigzag pattern from the pavement to the front door along the garden, all of them cracked, some missing, are all a grey concrete like colour, littered with weeds, the steps leading up to the porch, are wooden, weathered, and cracked. One of the handlebars broke, gently creaks from side to side with the wind. The front door, has been boarded up, a rusty silver door knob pokes out from the wood that is used to seal the door, the paint peeling from the door. The windows are also boarded up, what little paint left on them, now is peeling off.
At the bottom of the path to the house, stand 3 teenagers, 2 male, 1 female. The boy of which this story is written, is Jamie Sharp, he's 16, and he is of average height, with medium length brown hair, he is wearing a light blue hoody, with a red t-shirt underneath, his ocean blue eyes are his prominent facial feature, his skin colour slightly tanned from the sun, he is also wearing dark blue jeans, and black trainers, with white patterns, he is rather skinny.
His best male friend to his right; Aaron Moore, is a tall boy of 15, not as slender as Jamie, he is quite muscely, he is wearing a black hoody, with a baseball cap worn backwards, wearing light blue skinny jeans, which make his legs appear impossibly skinny, his shoes are bright white, they are clearly very new. To the left of Jamie is stood Aaron's sister, Melody Andrews, who is 16, has long straight, blonde hair, tied up in a ponytail at the back, she is wearing a woolly jumper, it's a mixture of red and black, she is wearing dark blue jeans, with white dolly shoes.
Jamie, being the bravest of the 3 friends decides to take the first step towards the door.
I should explain first, that the previous night, the 3 friends had agreed that they would be the first people in over 10 years to enter the house. To find out why it had been abandoned all those years ago and to just, be adventurous.
Jamie's foot lands on the floor, and he grabs his friends hands, and they walk together, slowly, jumping from one concrete slab to the next, leading to the rickety stairway. Melody pulls Jamie back as they reach the stairs, frightened of what might happen.
Jamie turns around, and grabs her by her shoulders, with his finger lifts her chin up so their eyes meet in a gaze, and he whispers to her, “Nothing bad is going to happen, it's an empty house.” She smiles at him, and he smiles back and they venture forward up the stairs, steadily holding onto the one remaining banister for support. As Jamie reaches the door, he stands and stares up at this almighty house, he seems to remember something, from long ago, almost a flashback. His vision begins to blur and swirl, and his body feels as if it is being ripped apart, then he rushes his hands to his eyes and rubs them furiously, upon re-opening his eyes, he is at the house, but it is in a perfect state, the door bright white almost blinding with the reflection of the sun. The grass is luscious and green, freshly mowed, the old oak tree tall and green as ever, the tire swing swaying in the gentle breeze, a young couple approach the door, arm in arm, their faces buried within each other, the man wearing a suit, it's dark blue, with white pin-stripes, and he is wearing a bowler hat, the female, wearing a long white dress, with long white high heels, Jamie notices the car in the driveway, it is a brand new car, it looks as if it were from the 1940's, it is black, and has high wheel arches, it is elegant and smooth, the bonnet, is pointy and long yet curvy. The roof is made of a flexible material, as to convert the car into a roofless car. The couple continue walking and walk through Jamie, the woman seemingly not noticing, but the man, turns his head around, with his piercing eyes looks straight at Jamie and then looks around the garden, as he shivers, frowning. He turns his head back around as he goes to open the door. Again Jamie's vision begins to go blurry and swirls around, this time he feels sick, he clutches his stomach and his eyes slam shut for a moment, and when he opens them, he is back with Aaron and Melody outside the door, they appear not to have noticed what has happened. Rain begins to fall, and within seconds thunder can be heard, the rain is heavy suddenly, a flash of bright white light lights the sky. Jamie, sticks his hand down the front of his jeans, where he has tucked a hammer, he pulls it out and presses it up against a nail sticking out of the wood and begins tugging at the nail to remove it.

After a short while all the planks of wood have been removed from the door, the friends all stand at each other, impressed and scared about their next step. Jamie reaches out his hand for the door knob, as his hand connects and curls around the knob he hears a loud echoing scream and a surge of strong wind blows, Jamie immediately covers his ears to try to block the scream, but it gets louder, and louder, as if more and more people are screaming. Aaron places his hand on Jamie's shoulder. Jamie jumps, the screams stop. His hands let go of his head, turns to face Aaron. “You alright mate?” asked Aaron. “Yeah, did you not hear the screams?” replied Jamie. “No, what screams?” laughed Aaron. Melody has a concerned look on her face, “never mind” said Jamie. He reaches for the door knob again, with a full grasp his face winces, but nothing except the beating of his heart and the breathes he and his friends are taking can be heard this time. He turns the knob, an overwhelmingly powerful push from the other side of the door blasts the door open, a river of blood knocks Jamie and his friends off their feet, and back down the garden. Jamie notices a dismembered arm float past him whilst he is under the tide of blood, the fingers begin to twitch, as the flow begins to cease, the friends laid down, immediately jump to their feet, Melody screaming in panic and desperation, Aaron trying to calm her down, the arm that Jamie had seen, he catches a glimpse of, and he follows it as it uses its fingers to pull it across the garden, before it begins to smoulder, and parts of rotten skin begin to float into the air, the same begins to happen with droplets of blood, before they know it, the 3 friends are surrounded by droplets of floating blood and parts of bodies, Aaron noticing a nose with a bite seemingly taken from it. A few moments later, everything had vanished, all of the blood, the body parts, even their clothes had dried. The 3 exchanged glances of horror.
“I think we need to continue on, especially after that!” said Jamie like a small child excited at the possibility of danger. Melody, who is being cradeled in her brothers arm pushes away from him towards Jamie shouting “You want to go into the house, after that? Are you insane?” Aaron moves forward and pulls her back. “Of course, obviously something very bad happened in this house, I need to know why!” said Jamie forcefully as he begins towards the house again. “Wait” cried Melody. “I can't let you go by yourself, what if you need help?” “She's right” said Aaron, “If you're stupid enough to go into the house, we should come too, you don't know what you're going to find, best not be alone eh?” The 3 friends walk through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please feel free to write any comments you feel need to be made? :)