Oh My Pirate Monkeys

1/1

Ray is coming over today. ’Cause Gee is having a birthday party. That means someone might notice if I poke Ray’s hair. It’s just so fluffy. @.@

I wonder why his hair is like that. Maybe I should ask. But what if he thinks I’m weird? I don’t want him to think I’m weird. That would be bad.

The doorbell rings, interrupting my brain talking. Mama is ruswhing to get the door and double checks all the streamers. She wants this to be just right. I follow after her and hide behind her. What if it’s a bad person ringing the doorbell? I have to be close so I can protect her.

Mama opens the door. It’s not a bad person. It is Ray though. I hide my face in Mama’s leg so Ray wont notice me. Ray’s mama walks in and he follows her. Ray bumps into me when he passes and I stumble to the side a little. Does that mean he doesn’t like me? Did he mean to bump into me?

I followed Ray slowly into the living room where Gee is sitting. He really wants everyone to get here so the party can start. Ray plops down next to Gerard, and they start talking. Gerard wants to know what present Ray picked out for him. He really doesn’t want to wait. Ray tells him that he’s not allowed to tell. Then it wouldn’t be a surprise. I giggle from my spot in the corner when Gerard whines.

Soon all of Gerard’s friends are here, and I’m still standing in my spot in the corner. Gerard’s friend Frankie asks if I’m in trouble. Why would I be in trouble? Did I do something wrong? Should I be in trouble? Frankie tells me to come and sit next to him. He pats a spot on the floor next to him.

Gerard looks at Frankie funny. Like he’s mad, but not really. Gee tells me that they’re going to play big boy games and I’m not allowed to play. I stumble up the stairs to my room on the second floor. It felt like going up a really, really big hill…like a mountain or something.

I go into my room and pull out the comic books I snuck out of Gee’s room. He hasn’t noticed yet, so I don’t think he would be mad. I can’t read, so I just look at the pictures and make up my own stories for them.

After the third story, someone knocks on the door. I don’t say anything. If it’s a ghost it might eat me. The door opens really slowly and some fluffy hair pokes through. I wonder what would happen if I poke it? A face comes through before I can. Oh my pirate monkeys. It’s Ray.

I hide my face in the comic so he can’t see how red it is. He walks up and asks what I’ve been doing. I push one of the books toward him. He ignores it and sits behind me and looks at the comic over my shoulder. He puts his face really close to mine so he can see the pictures better. I bet my face was super pink.

“You’re cute,” he says. He kisses my cheek and runs out of my room really fast.

I think this means he doesn’t hate me anymore. Or maybe he wants my comics.

I still never got to touch his hair though.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you thought?
pretty please?