Tangled up in me

You wanna know more, more, more about me

Walking into the room, I didn’t know what to think. I couldn’t possibly tell my mom that I was leaving. No, she’d kill me if she ever found out. Nor could I tell her the reason why I wanted to leave. She had gone through so much with my older brother that I couldn’t bear to hurt her again. I knew the best way to tell her would be after I left. I found it hard to keep it together, even after what happened. My mother was the only one who stuck up for me, and I’m about to break her heart in two. It’s weird how our past comes to kick us in the ass when we least expect it. Speaking of things unexpected, I didn’t expect to fall in love with a rockstar’s son. I didn’t think. It was a moment of weakness.
Joey Armstrong, son of Billie Joe Armstrong, is the reason why I am running away. I met him after I moved to the Bay Area six months ago. My mom and I had moved here to escape our train wreck of a life. I guess one could assume that I was raised in a box. I didn’t know anything about pop music or culture. Growing up, I was pushed to succeed in practically everything that I did. I was blocked from any type of music or art form. My mother was not there for most of my life, because of my father. My father had taken me when I was little and hid me from my mother.
I had always wondered about my mother. I was told that my mother abandoned me and that my father was the only one who ever wanted me. I never learned how to act around people because I was always cooped up in my room, learning whatever my father wanted me to learn. Finally, after years of searching, my mother found me. She got in an argument as she was taking me and accidently shot my father. My father could not press charges because he did not want the cops knowing about what he did.
When I went to the school, I was terrified. I had never really talked to anyone before, besides my father. Well, there was this guy, but that hardly counts, seeing as he’s older and married. I think he said his name was Billie Joe. Yes, a weird name. I had met him at the café this morning. I was curious as to what a café would be like. He struck up a conversation and we just talked about his kids and whatnot. As I walked up the steps, I could tell people were staring at me. I didn’t know whether or not that was bad or good.
I didn’t know where the office was, so I just decided to walk around, hoping I would find it. As I turned a corner, I bumped into someone. This someone was Joey Armstrong.