New Perspective

New Perspective 10

"That. Was. AWESOME!" Kate said running over to me and pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back and laughed.
"I was always good in my first school but I was much younger back then so I thought nothing of it." I said honestly.
"WellI wish you would have mentioned it earlier. Would have saved a lot of time." Becky said coming up behind Kate and high fiving me.
"That was amazing. It'll defintiley help make you popular." Lucas said nodding.
Darren and Nathan hadn't left the seats. Good. Maybe then they'll think differently next time they talk down to me.
"Thanks guys. You really are great. But one last thing. What does he mean by examination?"
"Well here in Phoenix we have to have an examination to make sure everything is in order and if it is you can join the team. It's just to garantee you'll be able to play." Lucas explained.
"Don't worry honey you'll pass with flying colours." Katie said and looped her arm through mine. She seemed fond of doing that.
"Come on I'll take you to the nurse. It's only a couple of tests you'll be alright." she said.
"Kate if you don't mind I'm gonna go relax. There is no reasonable excuse to be doing this much walking!" Becky complained.
"Yeah okay Becks I'll see you in history."Katelynn laughed.
"Honestly she'll do anything not to walk somewhere. She once caught the bus home from here. She only lives round the corner!" Kate chuckled again.
I did love her laugh. I was amazed that she actually bothered with me and not only that but tried to get my life sorted. I looked at Lucas and smiled at him as Becky dragged him away. It may have just been a twitch or my imagination but it looked like Becky actually winked at Katelynn. I wonder what's going off.
We reached the nurses room and wandered in. Kate walked up to her and explained our situation. I watched the nurse closely as she pulled a couple of needles out of the cupboard, a stethoscope and a blood pressure machine. This wasn't going to be fun.
"Right I just need to take some blood, listen to your heart and then check your blood pressure. If you'd like to take a seat Brendon."
"Erm. I have a little thing with needles." I admitted. It was more than a little thing. Kind of full blown panic.
"You'll be okay. Here I'll sit next to you and you can talk to me." Katelynn said sitting me down and taking my hand.
"So tellme about your future band." she started.
I was grateful for the distraction and felt the needle push through my skin. Wincing slightly I started to talk.
"Well we were going to be called Panic at the Disco. We wanted to be different and unique. Non of this just stand around and play our instruments. We were going to put on a show. Kind of a rock/punk band ya know what I mean?" I babbled.
"Yeah. Who's idea was it?"
"My mate Ryan's. He's awesome. He had it all planned out and I was just the final piece."
"He sounds it. When are you going to sing for me then?" she asked winking mischeviously.
I blushed slightly and suddenly the paranoia of not being good enough rushed over me.
"Erm. I don't know what I would sing." I admitted.
"Well surely you have some songs planned already?"
She had me there. I had more than some songs. I had hundreds.
"Well yeah but I don't have my band with me. I'd have to show you in Nevada."
"Don't be silly! I don't expect a show I just want to hear those vocals." Again she winked.
Suddenly I felt something get pressed to my arm and was patted on my shoulder.
"That's the blood done. So all the needles are gone. How are you with blood pressure?"
"I'm fine thank you. Do you need me to take anything off?" I asked the nurse. She was a nice lady.
"Just your hoody please."
I took my hand from Kate's and took my hoody off. Placing it behind me on the chair I waited for the nurse to put the machine on my arm. Then I noticed Katelynn was wearing my hoody.
"Comfty?" I asked her raising an eyebrow.
"Yes greatly. Thank you for asking." she replied and stuck her tongue out at me before grabbing hold of my hand again.
"You know I'm okay now right?" I asked just to clear things up.
"Yeah I know. But I like it." she replied inspecting the hoody intensly.
"Well I can't exactly say no to you can I?"
"Nope and don't you forget it!"
After the blood pressure was sorted and she'd listened to my heart we stood to leave, Kate still wearing my hoody, as it was almost time for form.
"You're blood results should be back after 5th period so just pop in after and I'll give you them." the nurse explained.
"Okay then. Thank you so much for seeing him on short notice. We appretiate it."Kate said beaming.
"No problem my dear. You be safe now."
We wandered back out into the hall and started to walk to form. Apparently her's was quite close to mine.
"They get blood results quickly." I stated.
"She does them herself. Sure she's a school nurse but she's actually a doctor." Kate explained.
"Oh cool. Well shall I meet you after 5th period to go get them?" I asked hoping she'd say yes.
"Definitely. What have you got?"
"Drama. You?"
"History. I'll come down and meet you so just wait outside your room. See ya later Brendon." she said and tip-toed to kiss my cheek before running off into her room.
I smiled and made my way to my own.