New Perspective

New Perspective 13

We wandered out of Terra block and into the main field. Katelynn still had hold of my hand and I didn't resist. When she stopped and tip-toed to look around for some sign of her friends. I spotted them first and rushing ahead of her, gripping her hand, I dragged her over to them. Becky looked over to us and down at our hands and winked at Katelynn. Looking down to Katie I noticed she went a slight colour of red so moved my hand and put my arm around her instead.
"So guys where do you lot live?" I asked smiling slightly as Katelynn went a crimson red as everyone turned to us.
"Me and Lucas live on the same street and Kate lives on the next road over near the park." Becky said grinning away.
"Darren and Nathan live in the town centre." Lucas finished.
I didn't really care about Darren and Nathan. They were nothing to me and as my gaze swept over them I noticed Darren moving forward. He stopped by the side of me and leaned down to my ear.
"Can I have a word? Alone maybe." he growled.
"Sure but I don't really see what you can't say infront of these." I sniped back.
"Just come on." he said and stormed away.
I waited to make sure he was looking before removing my arm from Katelynn's shoulders and kissing her forehead. I wanted to annoy his as much as possible. Seeing that his eyes were narrowed and he seemed unbelieveably mad I looked down to Kate.
"I'll be back in a minute Darren wants a word." "Okay. I'll wait here." she said before looking at Darren and frowning.
I wandered over to him and crossed my arms over my chest.
"Look can we make this quick I need to go home." I said sharply.
"What do you think you're doing?!" he fumed.
"Excuse me?" I replied honestly confused.
"Katie? She's mine. Everyone knows that. Now since you're new I'm willing to give you a chance to back off." he babbled.
I just laughed straight in his face. He glared at me.
"You don't want to make an enemy of me Urie."
I raised an eyebrow.
"Well how about this? I'll keep acting however I like with Katelynn since it's obvious she doesn't like you otherwise she wouldn't be with me and you can go shove it where the sun don't shine. Because if you think you're a bad enemy to have you haven't seen anything yet."I said and turned to walk away.
Watching as Nathan walked passed me to Darren, glaring, I smiled at my achievement. I'm not scared of him and I never will be. End of.
"You ready to go? I live about five streets away from here in your direction so I'll walk with ya if that's okay." I said to Kate, putting my arm around her shoulders again.
She smiled up at me and laced her fingers through mine.
"Of course it is honey. Do you mind if Becky and Lucas come with us?"
"Not at all. Couldn't have you walking all on your own when I'm gone. I'd walk you home but Mum, with it being my first day, will want all the details." I explained as we started walking.
Becky and Katie started talking about something that had happened in History while Lucas tapped away on his phone, probably inventing some new completely amazing thing. Before we left the school I looked back to where Darren and Nathan were stood. They both looked like they were ready to kill me.
"Bring it on." I muttered to myself and walked off the site.