New Perspective

New Perspective 14

It turned out I lived quite close to Katelynn, Becky and Lucas but I was still the closest to school meaning I had to leave them early. I said bye to them all and wandered into my house. Mr Ander's was in our front room again with my Mum. I was starting to really hate this.
"Hi Mum." I said and went to make my way upstairs.
"Hi honey can you come in here a second please?"
I sighed heavily and walked into the room. I didn't want to be here while he was. He creeped me out a bit.
"Don't you have something to say to Mr Anders?" she pushed.
I just looked at her and then to him. He seemed smug. I had seen that look somewhere before.
"Not that I can think of, no. Maybe you've got me confused with someone else?" I said being a little more cocky than usual.
"Brendon! You need to apologise right now. That behaviour was unacceptable." she snapped at me.
I rolled my eyes and took off my jacket. I needed to go change before we went uniform shopping. We didn't have long before the shops close.
"Mum we need to go shopping. You told the headmaster I would have uniform for tomorrow so can this wait?" I asked growing bored of it all.
She just raised an eyebrow at me.
"I don't like what you have become Brendon. Apologise and then we will go shopping."
"I'm sorry you came into my house last night at an unreasonable hour and invaded my new life before I had chance to settle into it." I said with fake sweetness. I looked at Mum.
"There. Now I'm going to go change. You need to say goodbye to Mr... Anders was it? Be back soon."
I turned and left the room. Hanging my hoodie on the coat hangers in the hall I could hear Mum and Mr Anders talking.
"Don't worry about it Grace. My son Darren was just like this in the first weeks of school. He'll soon settle down."
I walked back to the doorway and frowned at them both.
"Darren? You have a son called Darren." I said clearly annoyed.
They both jumped obviously not expecting me to be there and Mr Anders turned to me.
"Yes. Why?"
"Does he have a friend called Katelynn?" I continued to pry.
"Katelynn Frost? She's more than his friend. She's his girlfriend." he stated.
I laughed at this.
"No she's not. I've met your son and the reason I can tell you she's not his girlfriend is because she goes out with me. In fact he threatened me because I'm going out with her. Now I think it's best you leave." I said and growled slightly.
First he came into my house at an unreasonable time. Then he called me Buddy. Now I find out that his son is Darren the Jerk. That was the last straw.
Mr Anders seemed a little surprised.
"I suggest you leave." I repeated standing my ground.
"Yes... of course. I'll come round and visit again soon Grace to make sure you're settling in." he said turning to my Mum.
"No you wont. Leave. Now. And don't come back." I said.
"Brendon! Behave!" Mum complained.
"No Mother. This man and his son are not welcome in our house." I continued not breaking my gaze from Mr Anders'.
He walked passed me and I followed him to the door, locking it once he had left. I heard Mum wander into the kitchen muttering something about my behaviour and how I must have got that off my Dad. Sighing I went to my room to change. Things seemed to be getting a lot more interesting now.