New Perspective

New Perspective 16

Nothing really happened this week. Me and my Mum came to the agreement that Mr Anders wasn't allowed into our house anymore because I really didn't like him. Katelynn and I carried on going out although neither of us actually asked the other. It kind of just happened. Mum met Katie and loved her. We had plans for a big family dinner over at mine so Mum could meet Katie's parents. And of course we still had plans for Saturday.
There's no reason I should tell you about the rest of the school week so lets just skip to Saturday shall we.
Saturday came pretty quickly and I made sure I was ready in plenty of time. Darren was going to meet Nathan and then meet us at the designated place... yay. I on the other hand was meeting Katelynn, Becky and Lucas outside mine. In fact they should be here around about now so I went into the kitchen and kissed Mum goodbye.
"I'll be back tomorrow morning probably. I'll ring you later though. Have a nice day Mum." I said giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.
"You too honey. And no funny business without protection!!" she added quickly.
"Mum!! Nothing like that's going to happen. Trust me." I said blushing slightly.
"I just wanted to make sure."
"I know you did. Love you."
"Love you too. Now go before I have to come out and say hello to Kate. If I do you'll never leave."
"Okay okay I get the hint." I said and quickly rushed out only to be greeted by two very excited girls doing what looked like the dance the electronic Santa's do at Christmas.
"Erm hi?" I said running up to them.
"Hi Bren. Don't mind them. They do this alot."
"Join us Brendon!!!" Katelynn called.
"Yeah Brendon!!" Becky chimed.
I just giggled and shook head with Lucas. Mental. Completely mental.
We got to the meeting place with 5 minutes to spare. Darren and Nathan were already there and just grunted when they saw me before taking off up the hill. I laughed and let Katie drag me after them.
The hike up there took half an hour and when we arrived I helped Becky set up the blankets and weigh them down to avoid us having to jump off the cliff to catch them. It wasn't too windy but when it did blow it was surprisingly strong.
"There. All done and dusted. Now who's up for eating?!" Becky annouced standing and dusting herself down.
We all moved to the Picnic blanket and took our seats. Darren and Nathan sat opposite me, like usual, I sat next to Katelynn with my arm wrapped tightly around her waist while she leaned on me. Becky and Lucas sat beside each other looking rather awkward. For someone who's supposed to be a genius he did miss a lot of her hints. I mean come on when a girl says to you:
"You know if you asked me out I think I'd say yes."
they obviously want to go out with you! But he didn't catch it. I was going to have to have a word with him soon.
After lunch we got up and played some games. Not just any games. The most childish games we could imagine. We played tig, hide and seek, stick in the mud, grandma's footsteps, what time is it Mr wolf. Alsorts. If you used to play it as a kid chances were we still did.
I laughed as I fell to the floor taking Katelynn with me before standing and yelling "tig" much like before. But when I tried to stand up to run away she grabbed my belt and pulled me back before kissingme quickly.
"Tig." she mumbled against my lips before smiling and running away.
"Hey! No fair!!" I yelled and stood back up.
"Shouldn't fall for someone so quickly then lover boy." Becky taughted but quickly squealed when I ran for her.
"Leave me alone!!" she yelled as I chased her around.
"Kate? Can I have a word please?" Darren said from the outskirts of our game. He decided he wasn't going to join in pretty quickly.
"Sure." Katelynn said and wanded over to him obviously unconcerned about what he had to say so I didn't pay any attention.
Instead I went back to chasing Becky. Looking back at it now I probably should have paid more attention to what he had to say.