New Perspective

New Perspective 17

Emily's POV.
I wandered over to Darren to see what he wanted. To be honest I planned on telling him just exactly how I felt about Brendon. Telling him that Brendon makes me really happy and that although I have only known him for less than a week I think I'm falling for him. If he didn't like that then he could leave because I wasn't going to change my mind.
"What do you want Darren?" I said annoyed.
"I just want to talk to you. I want to know why you like him so much." he said glancing over my shoulder.
"I like him because he actually cares and he's fun and he likes what I do. I don't think I need to go on." I said rolling my eyes.
"Well didn't I do that?!" he demanded.
"No. You treated me like a trophy and got jealous whenever I spoke to another boy. You'd control everything I did!" I complained.
"I treated you like you were the only girl in the world. I bought you everything you could ever dream of and I took you out wherever you wanted to go." he argued.
I threw up my hands in frustration.
"I didn't want you to buy me things! I didn't want to go out to all those expensive places and how come although you were trying to convince me you were worth going out with you checked out every girl that walked passed us!? You wonder why I don't like you like I do Brendon." I almost screamed.
I was so angry it was unbelievable but I had to control my anger otherwise Brendon would think something was wrong and would come over to make sure everything was okay. Although I'd quite happily tell Darren my feelings for Brendon I wasn't ready to tell Brendon just yet. I had to confirm what I saw was actually who he was.
"Look Darren I really like Brendon. I think I'm falling for him. He's a brilliant lad and I don't care that I haven't known him for ages. He cheers me up like no-one else and I plan on staying with him." I noticed Darren was again looking over my shoulder and growled.
"See this is why I didn't want to go out with you! What are you looking-"
I spun around and stopped. Lucas was unconscious on the floor.Becky was stood in front of Brendon who was dangerously close to the edge. Nathan was trying to push Brendon off but was being blocked by Becky.
I felt a hand grab the top of my arm hard and Darren leant down to speak into my ear.
"This is for you Doll." he said. I could hear him grinning.
"What are you doing?!" I screeched.
"You belong with me. I'm getting rid of the opposition so you can finally be happy." he drawled into my ear.
I tried to wrench free as I watched Nathan repeatedly try to get passed Becky but Darren was strong. Too strong for me anyway. I screamed and struggled. What brought me to tears was the look of fear on Brendon's face as he turned to look at me. I knew I had to help him but couldn't.
"You'll see. He's just getting in the way." Darren said and kissed me on the cheek.
I felt helpless but when I watched Becky fall to the floor unconscious after a punch in the face from Nathan I knew I had to do something. Now.
I brought my head back into Darren's knocking him backwards slightly before swinging my leg back. I felt it connect with his knee and he quickly let go of me. I set off running towards Nathan and Brendon. I wasn't going to make it on time. Nathan was advancing on him fast and I just wasn't quick enough.
It was now or never and just as Nathan moved to push Brendon to his certain death I leapt at Nathan. I hit my target and pushed him away from Brendon. My only problem was I pushed him off the cliff. And I went with him.