New Perspective

New Perspective 2

I was sat in the car following the removal truck watching out the window. I watched as my memories flashed by. All our different hide outs, jobs, schools and party places not to be seen again. Well not for a while that is. I got really sad when we went by Spencers. I missed them already.
"You okay sweetie?" Mum asked.
"Do I look okay? I'm being forced to leave my house... again." I snapped back.
"I know but it'll be fine. You'll like Phoenix. It's sunny."
"I hate the sun! For Gods sake Mum. I just wanna stay home. Why can't you just go and I stay. I'm almost 18!"
"Because almost 18 is not 18. So you're coming with me. You might like it."
"Hmph. I doubt that."
I stuck my headphones in and picked my music. I decided to listen to some My Chemical Romance the Black Parade album. It sounds strange but it makes me happy. I always did like that kind of music and I dreamed to one day make it better.
I didn't want to go to crummy Phoenix with it's stupid sun and it's stupid new school. They wouldn't like my style. They wouldn't like my music. They probably wouldn't like my hair. But I didn't care. I never would. They could just grow up and move on.
My Mum didn't seem to understand and she never would either. It winds me up. She didn't know what it was like to be the outsider all the time and when you finally get settled you'd have to move on. She lived in the same house all her childhood. She had the same friends. I didn't get that pleasure.
I shut my eyes. I didn't want to watch my town fly by. Instead I wanted it to go away.
When I woke up we were parked in the airport car park and mum was unloading our bags onto a trolley. I sighed and got out to help her. There was no use in being mardy about it. I couldn't turn back now. My Mum smiled at me but said nothing. Thats one thing me and my Mum shared. If one of us messed up we pretended it didn't happen.
"What times our flight Mum?" I asked quietly.
"10:30 in 2 hours time. Why?"
"Why are we here so early?!" I said more than a little alarmed.
"Because we've gotta get through the lines. Then check our bags in. Then go through security, then make sure our passes are okay. It'll fly by."
"Haha. That's funny Mum." I laughed honestly amused but she just stared at me blankly.
"Fly by? We're going on a plane? No?" I said.
She just shook her head and pushed the trolley inside.
She was right. It did take 2 hours and before I knew it I was on the plane flying to sunny Phoenix. Goodbye normal life. Hello exclusion.